What's new

Citizenship for Afghans, Bengalis opposed by KP businessmen and traders

Send them back? Criminals should just be dealt with as criminal irrespective of their nationality! They should pass a bill that states that criminals will lose a hand or arm if involved doing criminal activities....or worse capital punishment...We have enough people burdening our lands to kill a few off...And NGO should just adopt these criminals in their respective countries if they cry for them! THAT should be the msg! ANYONE who is gonna cry for criminals can pay the fine and adopt them off our lands! SIMPLE!

Yes send refugees back like Iran is doing, not hard to understand. Pakistan isn't granting them citizenship because for that to happen all provinces will have to agree and looks like not even 1 province want that.

its democracy not mafia raj . bill must be presented and voted lets see

Achaww

So kinda ran non taxable scam and now giving away citizenships which i totally support.

Lets see is Future. I am talking about the past which Sets it.

@Shane @PakSword bharosamando samjhao please mujhe

Yes send refugees back like Iran is doing, not hard to understand. Pakistan isn't granting them citizenship because for that to happen all provinces will have to agree and looks like not even 1 province want that.
Well, I feel refugees should be distinguished from trouble makers/ criminals....The two is not synonym...In need of help we have helped them....and we would/ should if we can...after all that is what neighbours do irrespective of what they give in return or not! If they dont appreciate that is on them...It shows them not us...But if we turn into them then do we have the right to criticize them?

Long story short, I still believe we should invest in helping build a chunk of Afghan land and settle them there instead of on our land (I have repeatedly held this stand in many other threads)....THIS would be ideal...However, if we cant and need to have them here, maybe Afghanistan can spare some land ...after all this is her people! If not then we can give them permanent residency (not all not the criminals just the ones who really need it - lay down a plan of how to identify who really needs it) but not jump to citizenship or make them sign something that will state they will be deported if they do any crime....

Living like a Refugee is tough! It is derogatory ...Whatever Pakistan chooses they need to showcase it to Afghanistan to show that look this is the package we offer you, you screw us we have every right to rain wrath on you! With the package should be an expiry date of when Afghan is ready it needs to reabsorb them back ASAP! But while on our soil our laws apply!

AND our own need to step up their game on law and order! I dont expect much considering NS, a known criminal of Pakistani citizenship just got released with his family!

provincial assemblies must pass bills
کونسا بل پی ٹی آئی کی حکومت ہے

افغانی جب پسند نہیں تھے تو نکال دیتے ان کو بیس تیس سال پہلے

اب تو حالات یہ ہیں کے نیشنل ڈیفنس یونیورسٹی مے افغان سٹڈی کر رھے ہیں

اور اس بات مے ہرج ہی کیا ہے کچھ شریف لوگوں کو شہریت مل جائے اور وہ پاکستانی بن کر رھیں

باقی بات ہے ٹیکس دینے کی مجھے پتا ہے کتنے لوگ ٹیکس دے رھے ہیں
خود مے نے صرف ایک پراپرٹی کا پچاس ہزار سے اوپر کا ٹیکس دیا ہے

باقی مے اک اسٹنٹ کمشنر ایف بی آر سے گپ لگاتا رھتا ہوں سانوں پتا ہے کتنے پانی مے ہیں

:pakistan:باقی بنگلہ دیشی بھی ہمارے بھائی ہیں

If we can make immigrants expel then go ahead as PM says OR just limit them to their immigrant town and send three time food to them daily (its not big cost to make law an order sure). This way they wont complain of need of work etc, its simple our law don't allow this, eventually they will leave them-self. Immigrants interest in Pakistan is employment opportunities only no loyalty to Pakistan, tribes or relatives.

It baffles me how Pakistan have allowed afghanis to set up businesses. You can't compete with smugglers and non-tax payers. I hope Peshawar traders stick to their promise of not paying bills and taxes till illegal afghanis businesses are closed down.

Its good thing Peshawaris know who's afghani because in punjab and Karachi they will start playing pathan victim card. Same have happened in Balochistan but they don't say it out loud and fire from shoulders of Baloch nationalists instead.

@Desert Fox @django
Hardly anyone wants these Afghanis or Bengalis to stay, in the case of Benglerdeshis NOBODY wants them PERIOD, a minority of folks would not mind Afghanis to stay ie greedy frugal businessman who want cheap labour, Ultra-nationalist Pashtuns who are of actual Pashtun lineage and old dirty minded 60 year olds who are interested in Walwar with young teenage brides, such swines need to be shot .PERIOD.Kudos Ghenda

Achaww

So kinda ran non taxable scam and now giving away citizenships which i totally support.

Lets see is Future. I am talking about the past which Sets it.

@Shane @PakSword bharosamando samjhao please mujhe
I loosely agree with @Dubious 's post. Give them recognition by work permits and residents status as expat first if they don't go back.

Filter the ones born here; if not involved in any crime, give them special status as second generation refugees eligible for Nationality after five years from registration, provided;

* They are not involved in any crime.
* They prove themselves as gainfully employed or
* They are businessmen and
* They are generally contributing citizens
* The same can be applied on minors after they reach adulthood and fulfilling above requirements in a stipulated time period.
Etc etc

I'm just giving an example of possible requirements above to prove my point.

These are not your usual brotherly Muslims migrating to become Pakistanis after being displaced by war or partition but...

Instead, they were forced by economic reasons in case of Bengalis and the other seeking shelter from war in Afghanistan.

Afghans and Bengalis are inherently hostile towards Pakistan and inward looking families to top it off (whatever reason is besides the point). The generation born in Pakistan too generally carries the same hostile mindset due to the pivotal reasons above.

Giving them Nationality in a knee jerk, sweeping manner will only be damaging Pakistan. There needs to be a methodical, gradual, strict and step wise registration and integration process.

Again, not going into the politics of the reasons behind hostilities but a country's Citizenship should not be so easily available as just being born for those who still hold a level of hostility towards the very land that has sheltered and provided for them for decades.

If IK tries to implement this decision, I would like to see his government going home. I don't care how much I like him but if he will try to give my country's citizenship to traitors like Afghans then I would like to see IK going home.

It doesn’t work like that......
Any decision regarding Afghan refugees will have to go through NA and Senate.
If government decided in favor of it, the process has to be build.....(point system like Australia or other process)

I agree with Shane, “Giving them Nationality in a knee jerk, sweeping manner will only be damaging Pakistan. There needs to be a methodical, gradual, strict and step wise registration and integration process.“

We first have to recognize them and issue them work permit with an ID card.

1st step) CNIC with Work permit /Businesses permits. Their CNIC will have their legal status listed. During this process, they can be added to FBR TEXNET so they can be in the system to file annual tax. Information regarding their assets has to be submitted for background assets checks) —>

2nd step) permanent residence card (PRC) after certain designated time if person has a clean criminal record. domicile to certain city which will be attach to their CNIC. —>

3rd step) Pakistani citizenship (no free citizenship... proper checks and balances has to be done before anyone can be considered for citizenship)

Last edited:
I loosely agree with @Dubious 's post. Give them recognition by work permits and residents status as expat first if they don't go back.

Filter the ones born here; if not involved in any crime, give them special status as second generation refugees eligible for Nationality after five years from registration, provided;

* They are not involved in any crime.
* They prove themselves as gainfully employed or
* They are businessmen and
* They are generally contributing citizens
* The same can be applied on minors after they reach adulthood and fulfilling above requirements in a stipulated time period.
Etc etc

I'm just giving an example of possible requirements above to prove my point.

These are not your usual brotherly Muslims migrating to become Pakistanis after being displaced by war or partition but...

Instead, they were forced by economic reasons in case of Bengalis and the other seeking shelter from war in Afghanistan.

Afghans and Bengalis are inherently hostile towards Pakistan and inward looking families to top it off (whatever reason is besides the point). The generation born in Pakistan too generally carries the same hostile mindset due to the pivotal reasons above.

Giving them Nationality in a knee jerk, sweeping manner will only be damaging Pakistan. There needs to be a methodical, gradual, strict and step wise registration and integration process.

Again, not going into the politics of the reasons behind hostilities but a country's Citizenship should not be so easily available as just being born for those who still hold a level of hostility towards the very land that has sheltered and provided for them for decades.

All i am asking is why were the People being told that kpk is most anti refugees when it seems business is flourishing.

I understand the Propaganda. But i am asking the legal stuff here.

It doesn’t work like that......
Any decision regarding Afghan refugees will have to go through NA and Senate.
If government decided in favor of it, the process has to be build.....
Work permit/Businesses permits (add them to FBR so they can be in the system to fill annual tax. Information regarding their assets has to be submitted for background assets checks —> domicile to certain city which will be attach to their CNIC. permanent residence card (PRC) after certain designated time if person has a clean criminal record. —> Pakistani citizenship (proper checks and balances has to be done before anyone can be considered for citizenship

There cannot be any process which grant citizenship to 5 million refugees and many more to come. Unless Pakistan remove fences from both sides and declare itself yateem khana. And don't forgot to hand over Islamabad keys to refugees before drowning in Pakistani sea.

There cannot be any process which grant citizenship to 5 million refugees and many more to come. Unless Pakistan remove fences from both sides and declare itself yateem khana. And don't forgot to hand over Islamabad keys to refugees before drowning in Pakistani sea.
No one will be giving 5 million citizenship...There has to be a process...One that is not based on $ or hatred!

No one will be giving 5 million citizenship...There has to be a process...One that is not based on $ or hatred!

I don’t reply to people who are not even willing to read my comments and suggestions. To me it sounds like broken record if a person can’t present a counter argument or do a constructive criticism. criticizing for sake of criticizing is stupidity.

Some people just like to argue with anyone who doesn’t agree with them. I ignore them....

I don’t reply to people who are not even willing to read my comments and suggestions. To me it sounds like broken record if a person can’t present a counter argument or do a constructive criticism. criticizing for sake of criticizing is stupidity.

Some people just like to argue with anyone who doesn’t agree with them. I ignore them....
When you start ignoring people, you lose the right to debate...Because everyone has a voice/ opinion....Everyone wants to be heard...ignoring solves nothing :)

Your own don't have any place to run if FBR come looking for them. They can't go to Afghanistan and bring smuggled goods to dump in Pakistani markets. Afghanis have 1 leg in Pakistan and rest of body in Afghanistan.
KP was run by Imran Khan party. Now they will have new Afghani voters support. They only want to consolidate their stay.

Criminals should just be dealt with as criminal irrespective of their nationality! They should pass a bill that states that criminals will lose a hand or arm if involved doing criminal activities.
Cut their hands? Sure let's take Pakistan back to the seventh century. Why not add some terrorist attacks on the list while you're at it! Are you a TTP sympathizer? You seem to be kissing Afghan ar$e a little too much even for your own health. :o:

Sure, and you will be personally paying out of pocket for this process since you are the thekedarni of all the refugees in Pakistan. :-)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom