What's new

Citizens under 18 will only game 3 hours a week

Same in Europe. Before trumps attack on TikTok, Top videos were Eurasian, I now only go on tiktok to do searches of quality users that I found when TikTok was new and global in nature. Now it is a bunch of foolish murican videos, one after another. TikTok started as cultural music videos, then went for dog funny flicks, currently TikTok is one dumb video after another. I even log off, uninstall, have a East Asian VPN, and download the TikTok apk found in Asian links, and install thinking I would get a different cultural perspective, that TikTok in Asia would be better. No... same dumb USAian videos. TikTok is a California heavy company pushing USAian agenda. There is alot of good content that does not get promoted, the algorithm went from great to trash. TikTok believes if 90% of the promoted content is "white" murica, and 10% of the content is African-Americans from Mississippi, then the content is multicultural... what trash.
Maybe they made some deals with the american democrats, heard even their native Douyin got into trouble because some males were literally feminizing themselves with makeup on camera.
Anyway, ban, ban, ban.
So much for all that AI and algorithm.

The age of consent in China is 14.

So from age 14 to 18, the state determines you're old enough to have sex, but still too young to play games outside of 8pm-9pm on weekends? Lol.

Games are a better form of entertainment then say movies imho, don't know why people frown upon it. People need to actually use their brains constantly solving problems, taking decisions and strategise. This is very much better than starting into a screen doing nothing. But yes addiction is another thing, everything is good in moderation.

Games are a better form of entertainment then say movies imho, don't know why people frown upon it. People need to actually use their brains constantly solving problems, taking decisions and strategise. This is very much better than starting into a screen doing nothing. But yes addiction is another thing, everything is good in moderation.
Video games sure.
Not online games, some online games ARE gambling.
It doesn't make it better that some kids genuinely believe they can make money off playing online games so they can play in tournaments or sell accounts. It's just a shitty environment.

Video games sure.
Not online games, some online games ARE gambling.
It doesn't make it better that some kids genuinely believe they can make money off playing online games so they can play in tournaments or sell accounts. It's just a shitty environment.
But wouldn't a simple verification of an online game be better than such harsh rules. The free to play ones usually have gambling systems to gain profit, so maybe just put some restrictions there. Not all online games need such treatment especially the paid ones.

But wouldn't a simple verification of an online game be better than such harsh rules. The free to play ones usually have gambling systems to gain profit, so maybe just put some restrictions there. Not all online games need such treatment especially the paid ones.
Once you remove the profit motives, it can be solved.
Outlaw all the elements that kids can make off money in online video games (such as profit-based esport tournaments and grinding/lootboxes).

This is a very good dicision, China isn't banning/limiting all kinds of gaming, just online games , so children can play other non online games.
Online games are very addicting much more than non online games, I used to play online for like 6-8 hours everyday for several months straight without interruption.

However I would say this law is not enough, second they need to ban gambling in games (aka loot boxes) if they haven't already.

If not for bad parenting, this wouldnt be an issue. Too bad CPC had to take action.

3 hours a week? 3 hours a day is so and so. But 3 hours a week? Young people will rise up in China and topple the government :P

The age of consent in China is 14.

So from age 14 to 18, the state determines you're old enough to have sex, but still too young to play games outside of 8pm-9pm on weekends? Lol.

China's adult age is 18 years old. Having sex with a minor under the age of 18, whether the other party is voluntary or not, Chinese law will judge it as rape of a minor. The legal age of marriage in China is 22 for males and 20 for females

The problem is that Chinese people generally meet the most important exam in their life at the age of 18, the college entrance examination, which is the school choice exam of universities. This exam can almost determine one's future, so I can predict that most Chinese parents will agree with the new law. But I object! Because this will erase China's rapidly developing e-sports industry. The future market of this industry will not be smaller than NBA. Of course, I am also a fans of IG team.

mmexport1630389807717.jpg

mmexport1630394169519.jpg

China's adult age is 18 years old. Having sex with a minor under the age of 18, whether the other party is voluntary or not, Chinese law will judge it as rape of a minor.

National legislators and political advisers have called for lifting the age of sexual consent from the current 14 years of age to 16.

"Sex education is scarce in China and a lot of girls are not aware of how they should be protected at the age of 14," said Zhu Lieyu, a lawyer from Guangdong province and a deputy to the National People's Congress.

The age of consent is the age at which a young person can legally agree to sexual activity.

Age of consent laws apply to all forms of sexual activity, ranging from kissing and fondling to sexual intercourse.

The age of consent is 14 in China, meaning that for young people under 14, all sexual activities, no matter with or without consent, are criminal offenses.

我国刑法第236条明确规定:“奸淫不满十四周岁的幼女的,以强奸论,从重处罚”。也就是说,只要知道对方不满十四周岁,与不满十四周岁的幼女发生性关系,无论对方是否同意,都以强奸罪论处。因此,14岁被视为我国法定的性同意年龄。

National legislators and political advisers have called for lifting the age of sexual consent from the current 14 years of age to 16.

"Sex education is scarce in China and a lot of girls are not aware of how they should be protected at the age of 14," said Zhu Lieyu, a lawyer from Guangdong province and a deputy to the National People's Congress.

The age of consent is the age at which a young person can legally agree to sexual activity.

Age of consent laws apply to all forms of sexual activity, ranging from kissing and fondling to sexual intercourse.

The age of consent is 14 in China, meaning that for young people under 14, all sexual activities, no matter with or without consent, are criminal offenses.

我国刑法第236条明确规定:“奸淫不满十四周岁的幼女的,以强奸论,从重处罚”。也就是说,只要知道对方不满十四周岁,与不满十四周岁的幼女发生性关系,无论对方是否同意,都以强奸罪论处。因此,14岁被视为我国法定的性同意年龄。

You're right. I remember wrong.

so that means I will not play against or team up with those little brats any more?

Wonderful news!

under 15 would have been acceptable but under 18 is ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom