What's new

Citizens under 18 will only game 3 hours a week

None of you ever played any online games (I can tell from reading the comments).

I will teach you all a biology lesson today.

The human body is composed of two autonomous nervous systems: The parasympathetic and sympathetic systems.

The sympathetic system is responsible for fight or flight escaping death situations. This the system that does the most harm to the body (increase heart rate, increase blood pressure, increase mental stress, etc.). When you play online games you are using the sympathetic system to kill the enemy or flee from him. Can you imagine the body has to endure the continuous stress of escaping death (adrenalin being injected into their bloodstream) for 20 minutes let alone 3 hours?

They say that stress can cause cancer. Nothing beats being stressed out than having adrenaline pumped into your system all the time thru-out the online game.

The most stupidest career someone can take up is to become an eSports player. They're basically abusing their sympathetic nervous system to make a living. I won't be surprised if this group of professionals develops the most health problems later on.

None of you ever played any online games (I can tell from reading the comments).
I played online games. What makes you feel so confident in making such a blunt and stupid comment?

I played online games. What makes you feel so confident in making such a blunt and stupid comment?

The stupid ones are the ones supporting China eSports/online gaming industry or cheer-leading the players. This is an industry that provides no value to society, but burdens its future with health problems like gastric ulcers and possibly stress-induced cancers.

The stupid ones are the ones supporting China eSports/online gaming industry or cheer-leading the players. This is an industry that provides no value to society, but burdens its future with health problems like gastric ulcers and possibly stress-induced cancers.
Now you are either accusing me for supporting China online gaming industry or evade my criticism dishonestly.

Now you are either accusing me for supporting China online gaming industry or evade my criticism dishonestly.

If u was an online gamer, how could you not have first hand experience on the harmful effects of having adrenaline in your system for the full duration of the game? You say my statement is blunt and stupid? I'm merely stating the biological facts. No gamer ever supports another person to do the same after he's experienced the effects of it...

If u was an online gamer, how could you not have first hand experience on the harmful effects of having adrenaline in your system for the full duration of the game?
Of course I know about the harmful effects. that is why I only play it VERY occasionally and only for a very short duration each time. But it doesn't mean I don't play.

Of course I know about the harmful effects. that is why I only play it VERY occasionally and only for a very short duration each time. But it doesn't mean I don't play.

There u go u acknowledged gaming is harmful yet u say my lesson on biology is blunt and stupid.

There u go u acknowledged gaming is harmful yet u say my lesson on biology is blunt and stupid.
Jesus! Don't you read?! Check my first comment against you. Read it again and again until you know every word of it!

Jesus! Don't you read?! Check my first comment against you. Read it again and again until you know every word of it!

Nope, I read it. U are not a gamer. A casual gamer is not a gamer. (Can you claim some one who drinks beer once in a while is an alcoholic?)

BTW, you can't be a good person/someone with good ethics or morals. Usually, such a person never criticizes someone when they attempt to point something bad out...

Nope, I read it. U are not a gamer. A casual gamer is not a gamer.

BTW, you can't be a good person/someone with good ethics or morals. Usually, such a person never criticizes someone when they attempt to point something bad out...
Sure. I guess young boy is not a boy, either. Thank you for your perfect English.

In China, government IS the parents. ;)

I'm so embarrassed this time.
I also think the government has too much control this time.

Controlling children's play time is the responsibility and right of parents. The government should not meddle indiscriminately.

Looks like some bureaucrat in China have to much time in its hand.
But i do agree the loot boxes and people under 18 paying for content in online video games should be outlawed.

I'm so embarrassed this time.
I also think the government has too much control this time.

Controlling children's play time is the responsibility and right of parents. The government should not meddle indiscriminately.
That we are in an agreement. :)

BTW, how's your Jin Yong doing? Oh, that's rite his latest drama Tian Long Ba Bu 2021 only got a 3.6/10 on Douban...
Jin Yong fan here, that says more about the quality of modern chinese shows than the quality of his works.
Tian Long Ba Bu '97 is still one of the best wuxia shows ever and unlikely to be matched with the current crops of chinese directors and actors.

Btw, why are you in America but your English is so bad?

Back
Top Bottom