What's new

Chittagong vs Kolkata

Technically, Indore will also be ahead of Mumbai, because it doesn't have to tackle much of population like the major cities, so no infra-deficit.
No. google the definition of Infra and what it includes. Technically Indore is a tier 2 city in India but nonetheless can beat any metro city of BD

Under-construction major hospitals in Chittagong:

Chittagong Hospital
Chittagong-3.jpg

Chittagong-1.jpg

Imperial Hospital

Imperial-Hospital-West-View.jpg

Apollo Hospital

IMG_2030_zps4edaf886.jpg

What sort of logic is that? Infrastructure in any city is purpose-built.

Compare the traffic in Indore and Mumbai, Mumbai's traffic is far worse than Indore.

The pics are actually older ones, Chittagong is witnessing a construction boom with many highrises under construction. The recent skyline is way way better but they are hard to come by.

This is a joke, yes Chittagong doesn't hve a metro but that is not all that a city should look for. Consider the Chittagong Circular Railway, I think it's the best circular railway in South Asia.

Have you compared it with suburban/circular/elevated urban rail of Mumbai/Kolkata/Chennai ?

ompare the traffic in Indore and Mumbai, Mumbai's traffic is far worse than Indore

Says who ?

Compare the traffic in Indore and Mumbai, Mumbai's traffic is far worse than Indore.

That's in areas where adequate road infra hasn't been built, or is in the process of being built. Where the infra's adequate/well thought out, jams are a thing of the past for the most part. For a city of its size, the traffic in B'bay is the most properly managed in all of south Asia. Traffic in Indore is just as gridlocked in places where infra' is being upgraded.

Consider the Chittagong Circular Railway, I think it's the best circular railway in South Asia.

Best in South Asia? :lol: Bangladesh doesn't even have a decent railways to begin with.

Exactly. Infra wise, even a city like Indore is years ahead of any BD city.

Just Dhaka and Chittagong, only these two barely qualify as cities, rest of them are village towns.

Best in South Asia? :lol: Bangladesh doesn't even have a decent railways to begin with.

Just Dhaka and Chittagong, only these two barely qualify as cities, rest of them are village towns.

Yes. Honestly speaking, I went to Hazaribagh recently, a small town in Jharkhand close to villages, due to some work. and these pics remind me of that place. Makes me sad seeing our neighbors' major cities in such a sham.

Have you compared it with suburban/circular/elevated urban rail of Mumbai/Kolkata/Chennai ?

Yes I have, not the metro rail though.

Says who ?

Did I say anything wrong? Doesn't Mumbai have worse traffic than Indore?

That's in areas where adequate road infra hasn't been built, or is in the process of being built. Where the infra's adequate/well thought out, jams are a thing of the past for the most part. For a city of its size, the traffic in B'bay is the most properly managed in all of south Asia. Traffic in Indore is just as gridlocked in places where infra' is being upgraded.

The key here is what is 'adequate' for those cities? For example, a 4 lane street would be enough for a city like Indore but for Mumbai, even a 6/8 lane street wouldn't be adequate. So, even with a bigger infrastructure, Mumbai can remain a infra-deficit city compared to cities like Indore.

The key here is what is 'adequate' for those cities? For example, a 4 lane street would be enough for a city like Indore but for Mumbai, even a 6/8 lane street wouldn't be adequate. So, even with a bigger infrastructure, Mumbai can remain a infra-deficit city compared to cities like Indore.

That's where you're wrong. A dense public transportation network comprising triple-modal railway systems (commuter rail + metro + monorail) and a vast bus network plying hundreds of routes takes motorists off the streets. It's intelligent traffic management that is infinitely more successful than the mindless increase in driving lanes, as seen in many leading nations across the world.

... And as for personal vehicle transport infra, new roads carved out of dense urban corridors are continually being built. The Eastern Freeway, the BWS Link, JVLR, SCLR, pan-creek bridges, new inner-city expressways have already opened; all that's left (and this is a biggie) is the construction of the Mumbai island to MH mainland sea bridge and the Western coastal tunnels + freeway system, for the road infra loop to be complete.

Back
Top Bottom