What's new

Chinese Trainer JL-9, L-15, JL-10, CJ-7 News & Discussions

I highly doubt China still rely 100% on Ukraine for L-15 engine import. This aircraft has officially enter full serial production, meaning large number of them need to enter service. China usually are sceptical of need to import foreign engine especially for military related products. They wouldn't mass produced something unless they have full control over it.

We all know the dirt situation of Ukraine and many missed date line or delay due to ongoing economy hardship and civil war. The Royal Thai Army failure to deliver on time for their Oplot tank is great true reflection of current industry situation of Ukraine.

I am sure China has already master a huge portion of engine parts require for L-15 or limited production of the engine.

Ukraine owe China lots of money. They surely has no means to return even a single cent. Asking them to repay in terms of export good is the only choice.
I am expecting the same thing since the relationship between Ukraine & China is not that good due to the Ukraine government falls onto US or NATO. There must be a backup plan to the small engines used on this platform. Also, don't know if China needs Ukraine's permission to sell this plane to third country just like China needed Russia to give permission to sell JF-17 to Pakistan due the the use of Russia engine.
Just wonder why the intakes are not changed to DSI type. Maybe there will not be increase of performance?

Just wonder why the intakes are not changed to DSI type. Maybe there will not be increase of performance?
To save cost?

By the way, regarding the export. Ukraine has no restriction for re export unless clash of interest but since Ukraine industry has no similar product. Zero chance of Ukraine veto any re export unless export to Russia.

There are rumours of Ukraine Air Force order the L-15 but not after the r/s with Russia sour. China of course will not want to strain Sino- Russia r/s by selling arms to Ukraine.

From the solid color on the engine exhaust, I would say no. This variant is L-15AW. I believe only L-15B has afterburner engine.
Ok, to answer my own inquiry. Yes, its the afterburner version. Right from the horse mouth!

4:45mins onwards if you can understand Chinese.

Ok, to answer my own inquiry. Yes, its the afterburner version. Right from the horse mouth!

4:45mins onwards if you can understand Chinese.

No, the L-15AW does not use the AB-version regardless what he claims and this is well known and can easily be seen: As such, there is no need to understand Chinese, but simply to read what you see properly.

L-15B vs JL-10.jpg

L-15AW has claerly the non-afterburner engines

L-15AW - at Nanchang flight convention - 6.jpg

No, the L-15AW does not use the AB-version regardless what he claims and this is well known and can easily be seen: As such, there is no need to understand Chinese, but simply to read what you see properly.

View attachment 797343

L-15AW has claerly the non-afterburner engines

View attachment 797344
It seems to me that is the reverse. The one with ceramic petal are afterburner version while the one with traditional dark charcoal petal are non afterburner version.

Why would Hongdu bring an non afterburner version to Dubai Air show for flying demo? They try hard not to win any deal and waste time, is it?

It seems to me that is the reverse. The one with ceramic petal are afterburner version while the one with traditional dark charcoal petal are non afterburner version.

Why would Hongdu bring an non afterburner version to Dubai Air show for flying demo? They try hard not to win any deal and waste time, is it?

Simply since the non-afterburning version is the currently built one, the one that is in service since years and at least IMO the only one available. Not sure what this alleged expert noted, but there is nothing to debate or reverse regardless you like it or not. NO currently in service including the L-15AZ have an afterburning engine.

Did UAE order some of the L-15s? If so, which version, the ones with afterburner?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom