What's new

Chinese Trainer JL-9, L-15, JL-10, CJ-7 News & Discussions

微信图片_20210611212107.png

Via @航空工业 from Weixin

Just wonder if the L-15's are still using the imported engines, or already using self-made version.

Just wonder if the L-15's are still using the imported engines, or already using self-made version.
Still using Ukranian engines.
Thanks for the information. Hopefully we will see Chinese made more powerful engines for this plane, then it will be able to carry heavier loads for battle.
so far china NOT seems to develop its domestic engine for JL10, which first fly in 2006;; although JL10 deployed in china since 2010, only dozens in service now;; such low turbofan engine is NOT technically difficult to develop but requires much costs especially when it needs only small number;; so china chose to import it from ukraine for costs;; I guess it's NOT necessary for a certain country to domesticate all of massive arms industry;; even US imports arms from others

so far china NOT seems to develop its domestic engine for JL10, which first fly in 2006;; although JL10 deployed in china since 2010, only dozens in service now;; such low turbofan engine is NOT technically difficult to develop but requires much costs especially when it needs only small number;; so china chose to import it from ukraine for costs;; I guess it's NOT necessary for a certain country to domesticate all of massive arms industry;; even US imports arms from others
I won't put the inservice figure at only dozens. There are 5 prototypes and 139 serial production aircrafts as per Chinese wikipedia.

I highly doubt China still rely 100% on Ukraine for L-15 engine import. This aircraft has officially enter full serial production, meaning large number of them need to enter service. China usually are sceptical of need to import foreign engine especially for military related products. They wouldn't mass produced something unless they have full control over it.

We all know the dirt situation of Ukraine and many missed date line or delay due to ongoing economy hardship and civil war. The Royal Thai Army failure to deliver on time for their Oplot tank is great true reflection of current industry situation of Ukraine.

I am sure China has already master a huge portion of engine parts require for L-15 or limited production of the engine.

Ukraine owe China lots of money. They surely has no means to return even a single cent. Asking them to repay in terms of export good is the only choice.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom