What's new

Chinese Trainer JL-9, L-15, JL-10, CJ-7 News & Discussions

Did some additional resorch on my harddrive and I'm a bit surprised:

Aircraft no. "08" made its maiden flight on 26. January 2015, ... no. "12" was spotted already on 25. June and no. "11" even more on 30. October 2013 !!!

So why all these delays, when will they be delivered .... and when will the PLAAF get it's first birds ?

Deino

L-15-1.jpg
L-15-2.jpg
L-15-3.jpg

Good luck, Zambia Air force!

Nice, for Zambia ... !

And when will the PLAAF will receive its first JL-10 ?

Deino

Looks like LIFT version, with radar and after-burn engines.

I had a similar idea, after looking for details a second time ... Regarding the nose, the typical pitot is missing, hinting, a radar (maybe that small AESA we've seen some time ago?), while the rear section seems different to the standard L-15/JL-10 AJT-version but more like the AB-equipped LIFT (like pt. 06) version.

Deino

I had a similar idea, after looking for details a second time ... Regarding the nose, the typical pitot is missing, hinting, a radar (maybe that small AESA we've seen some time ago?), while the rear section seems different to the standard L-15/JL-10 AJT-version but more like the AB-equipped LIFT (like pt. 06) version.

Deino

Most probable SY-80A, not PESA or AESA
Do you know what factors can define ratio of after-burn thrust to non after-burn thrust? For Minshan, it is reported the non after-burn thrust is 3200 kgf, while the after-burn thrust is only 4800 kgf, and this number is quite small (48:32) compared to other after-burn engine.

Most probable SY-80A, not PESA or AESA
Do you know what factors can define ratio of after-burn thrust to non after-burn thrust? For Minshan, it is reported the non after-burn thrust is 3200 kgf, while the after-burn thrust is only 4800 kgf, and this number is quite small (48:32) compared to other fater-burn engine.

Not much delayed if they ordered during 2014 Zhuhai Air show.
They order in 2012 or 2013 and they are the first foreign customer of L-15.

And when will the PLAAf receive their first JL-10 ?? ... in mind that these are LIFT-versions, where are all these standard L-15/JL-10s ... we've seen already up to number 13 ??

Deino

Huitong confirmed the aversion for Zambia is "only" the standard AJT-version.

Back
Top Bottom