What's new

Chinese sub pops up in middle of U.S. Navy exercise

The reason you ask this kind of questions is because you are used to living with state media control. In the US, the government does not dictate what CNN, CBS, ABC, NBC, FNC, MSNBC, CNBC or any local media on what to report. The American media can say whatever they want of the US military and there is nothing the Pentagon can do about it. Do you remember when the New York Times ran an ad that call General Petraeus as General Betray US? Did the Pentagon sent hitmen to the NY Times? Do try to think outside of whatever box you are in.

what a BS .

The reason you ask this kind of questions is because you are used to living with state media control. In the US, the government does not dictate what CNN, CBS, ABC, NBC, FNC, MSNBC, CNBC or any local media on what to report. The American media can say whatever they want of the US military and there is nothing the Pentagon can do about it. Do you remember when the New York Times ran an ad that call General Petraeus as General Betray US? Did the Pentagon sent hitmen to the NY Times? Do try to think outside of whatever box you are in.

where did your media get this military news if your govt didn't reveal it ,please use your brain before you buy anything from your media ,after 9.11 ,the "iraq have biochemical weapons"news is everywhere in your free media,W.H used your emotions to start a meaningless war,and killed thousands of innocent people for a made-up excuse,most of time your media just didn't recognized they were being played by your govt.US already lost the hegemonic position while your army is playing the hitler role around the world.and i believe PLA'S weapons are much better than 60 years ago, it's sad your economic sanctions is not gonna work anymore,so you can enjoy your fun,if there will be a China-US war in the future ,we will find out what's so good about your F-22,just make sure you won't run away again like you did in korea and vietnam :azn:

where did your media get this military news if your govt didn't reveal it ,please use your brain before you buy anything from your media
Umm...Releasing information does not mean the American media is under US government control.

,after 9.11 ,the "iraq have biochemical weapons"news is everywhere in your free media,W.H used your emotions to start a meaningless war,and killed thousands of innocent people for a made-up excuse,most of time your media just didn't recognized they were being played by your govt.US already lost the hegemonic position while your army is playing the hitler role around the world.and i believe PLA'S weapons are much better than 60 years ago, it's sad your economic sanctions is not gonna work anymore,so you can enjoy your fun,if there will be a China-US war in the future ,we will find out what's so good about your F-22,just make sure you won't run away again like you did in korea and vietnam :azn:
Junks today of course should be better than junks from yesterday. As for the F-22, the world already know what a badass aircraft it is when it had to fly with transponders lest air traffic controllers lost electronic sight of it.

Umm...Releasing information does not mean the American media is under US government control.

Junks today of course should be better than junks from yesterday. As for the F-22, the world already know what a badass aircraft it is when it had to fly with transponders lest air traffic controllers lost electronic sight of it.

Sorry for my poor english ,i think i was misleading you,your media is just under your govt control in a different way ,i mean the military gap between PLA and USA is much smaller than 60 years or 30 years ago..... if the terrorists are able to kid your *** everyday,no reason for any nation army can't do the same thing,paper tiger:azn:

Sorry for my poor english ,i think i was misleading you,your media is just under your govt control in a different way ,
Sure...One hundred and eighty degree different way.

i mean the military gap between PLA and USA is much smaller than 60 years or 30 years ago
Baseless claim. Please provide credible metrics for this. Else concede that this is purely an opinion, and one that has no support.

..... if the terrorists are able to kid your *** everyday,no reason for any nation army can't do the same thing,paper tiger:azn:
Paper tiger? Tell that to the Iraqis, twice, and the Taliban. Against China, the fight will be on Chinese soil, and am not talking about landing US troops, just bombs will do, and will be off China's coast. China have nowhere the power projection the US has. China have nowhere the nuclear arsenal the US has. Can you say 'Paper Dragon'?

Sure...One hundred and eighty degree different way.

Baseless claim. Please provide credible metrics for this. Else concede that this is purely an opinion, and one that has no support.

Paper tiger? Tell that to the Iraqis, twice, and the Taliban. Against China, the fight will be on Chinese soil, and am not talking about landing US troops, just bombs will do, and will be off China's coast. China have nowhere the power projection the US has. China have nowhere the nuclear arsenal the US has. Can you say 'Paper Dragon'?

before you make your "only on Chinese soil" dream real,you will always be the same "vietnam and korea" US to PLA:smitten:and if you are so sure about it ,what are you waiting for.....you can't even scare iran........ send some F-22 to our land,PLA is waiting F-22 for a long time:azn:.what did you do in iraq?killing children and woman ?abusing the prisoner?that's best US?...........

before you make your "only on Chinese soil" dream real,you will always be the same "vietnam and korea" US to PLA:smitten:and if you are so sure about it ,what are you waiting for.....you can't even scare iran........ send some F-22 to our land,PLA is waiting F-22 for a long time:azn:.what did you do in iraq?killing children and woman ?abusing the prisoner?that's best US?...........

Hey Chinese Fanboy,

Can you name one operation which the Chinese Army has done professionally. Have you forgotten the kicking PLA got in Vietnam ?

Heck even Taiwan tells u to get lost everyday. Do you remember what happened the last time you tried to invade Taiwan ?

Regards

The subject of this discussion is about if it is plausible that a Chinese Song-class diesel submarine can elude US ASW tactics. The story presented is vague on details and with no direct sources to support the claim. I have presented very credible arguments as to why this is story is either not true or if the event did took place, the truth is nothing like what the story purported to be. Despite all the hoopla by those who would like to believe that this story is true, it took an American to show you armchair admirals one possibility how it could have happened. So either put up or shut up and do not bother the forum with distractions.

Yer welcome...And yup...It concludes to all that you know nothing about the subject you involved yourself into.

:lol:

It reminds me of a Confucius teach: No artwork can be sculptured out of a rotten wood; it’s impossible to paint a wall made from dung.

Here is arguably the most amazing wall of the kind, who constantly supported his opponent’s arguments without enough wits to notice that!:lol:

Job well done, and keep up your entertaining efforts! :rofl:

Weapon is an important means of winning a war, it nonetheless is not deterministic. The most deterministic factor of winning a war is people.

Both Korea War and Vietnam War testify that.

In the Vietnam War, USA arguably used the most advanced weapons, conventional and chemical, in Vietnam against VC, NVC and the people of Vietnam, with the most barbarous cruelty that top the all war history of human kind. It is, however, the brave Vietnam people, North and South alike, armed only with junks that laughed by you, kicked the invaders a$$ out of Vietnam, including their puppets, among which you are probably one. :lol:

It is pitiful for a "military prefessional" to forget military history.

Hey Chinese Fanboy,

Can you name one operation which the Chinese Army has done professionally. Have you forgotten the kicking PLA got in Vietnam ?

Heck even Taiwan tells u to get lost everyday. Do you remember what happened the last time you tried to invade Taiwan ?

Regards

I guess Korea War is where the PLA did fantastic professional work.

PLA’s invasion of Vietnam, which I personally against it, is nonetheless to teach a lesson. I didn’t think, and don’t think China achieved its political objectives that it should: to establish a more China friendly government.

China doesn’t want to occupy Vietnam land, but does want to finalize boarder demarcation, I guess. ( If you remember that Vietnam was a vassal state of China, the boarder was vague in many places.) Thus, it is at least inappropriate to use the word “kick out” for PLA. It is however very appropriate to describe US’s retreat.

Taiwan is a very complex question. I’ve briefly reviewed it in another thread. I personally believe PLA should be able to capture it even a while back. The only question is: is it worthy it? We sane people all know that military action is aimed for “profit”, is an extension of politics to achieve political/economic ends that otherwise can’t be achieved.

Totally agree that in general PLA lacks behind US in hardware and resources.

Military power is not an isolated factor. It is one of many parameters that are mutually supportive of each other.

the last time you tried to invade Taiwan ?
Tell me when, 1950-1?

Weapon is an important means of winning a war, it nonetheless is not deterministic. The most deterministic factor of winning a war is people.

Both Korea War and Vietnam War testify that.

In the Vietnam War, USA arguably used the most advanced weapons, conventional and chemical, in Vietnam against VC, NVC and the people of Vietnam, with the most barbarous cruelty that top the all war history of human kind. It is, however, the brave Vietnam people, North and South alike, armed only with junks that laughed by you, kicked the invaders a$$ out of Vietnam, including their puppets, among which you are probably one. :lol:

It is pitiful for a "military prefessional" to forget military history.

Technically the Korean war has not ended.

As far as Vietnam goes you are doing a good job as most do of over simplifying a complex conflict. This is typical of many who were not old enough to know the Vietnam war, but read the so called high school history.
in simple terms for your benefit Vietnam was a political defeat not a military one. The significance of this is important to any discussion on that conflict. Also the way the media interacted with that war.
Go study it a bit before you make loose comments on that particular war.

I guess Korea War is where the PLA did fantastic professional work.

PLA’s invasion of Vietnam, which I personally against it, is nonetheless to teach a lesson. I didn’t think, and don’t think China achieved its political objectives that it should: to establish a more China friendly government.

China doesn’t want to occupy Vietnam land, but does want to finalize boarder demarcation, I guess. ( If you remember that Vietnam was a vassal state of China, the boarder was vague in many places.) Thus, it is at least inappropriate to use the word “kick out” for PLA. It is however very appropriate to describe US’s retreat.

Taiwan is a very complex question. I’ve briefly reviewed it in another thread. I personally believe PLA should be able to capture it even a while back. The only question is: is it worthy it? We sane people all know that military action is aimed for “profit”, is an extension of politics to achieve political/economic ends that otherwise can’t be achieved.

Totally agree that in general PLA lacks behind US in hardware and resources.

Military power is not an isolated factor. It is one of many parameters that are mutually supportive of each other.

Tell me when, 1950-1?

I am well aware of both campaigns but my post was to the fan boy who was making it sound as if the US Army is crap vs PLA.

Regards

Technically the Korean war has not ended.

As far as Vietnam goes you are doing a good job as most do of over simplifying a complex conflict. This is typical of many who were not old enough to know the Vietnam war, but read the so called high school history.
in simple terms for your benefit Vietnam was a political defeat not a military one. The significance of this is important to any discussion on that conflict. Also the way the media interacted with that war.
Go study it a bit before you make loose comments on that particular war.

Thank you Sir. for corroborating my statement:

Vietnam War is of injustice to the eyes ot Vienam people, wrong to the eyes of of American people. So it is doomed regardless of the vast weaponary contrast.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom