What's new

Chinese Reporter Cries during Live Broadcast Covering Attack on Shinzo Abe

Hamartia Antidote

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States

Reporter Zeng Ying is accused of being unpatriotic after she was holding back tears on air during an interview on the Shinzo Abe attack.

News about the attack on former Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, who passed away shortly after, is dominating international headlines today and is also the number one topic on Chinese social media on July 8. Among the various related topics that are being discussed on Weibo, there is also the topic regarding the moment a Chinese reporter was fighting to hold back tears during a live broadcast about the attack on Shinzo Abe. While talking about the former Prime Minister’s political career, the reporter, who works for the Chinese media outlet The Paper (澎湃), is trying to hold back tears, her voice trembling.

she had personal acquaintance with Abe, but as a reporter this still is unprofessional

So? If Putin dies, what would happen in America for the same scenario?

Zeng Ying's boyfriend is an anti-China right wing Japanese, and her behavior is obviously political. As kankankan326 said, if Putin died and American reporters cried for him, what would you do? In fact, we all know the answer, not even Putin, just look at Gu Ailing's experience.

I thought this was Taiwanese but this is just darn weird.
Why is Shinzo Abe still liked in some chinese circles?

It may not have anything to do with Abe - human beings just get emotional sometimes.

Somebody you chinese are becoming too much like the overly emotional American counterparts in tv shows finding threats under every leaf and stone.

Zeng Ying's boyfriend is an anti-China right wing Japanese, and her behavior is obviously political. As kankankan326 said, if Putin died and American reporters cried for him, what would you do? In fact, we all know the answer, not even Putin, just look at Gu Ailing's experience.

She should stay in Japay and give up her Chinese residency/citizenship. Abe was one of the worst Japanese ministers fostering China-Japan ties and she went on to state exactly the opposite from the truth in front of the TV. Chinese media should have no place for reporters, Chinese or foreign, that express the Japanese right-wing political views. Abe belonged to a camp of right-wing Japanese revisionists of WWII facts and outcomes.

I doubt any reporters would be crying for Putin..they aren't even crying for Abe.

But hey If they want to cry for Putin...go right ahead.

Don't be naive. If an American reporter cries over Putin, he/she will be vilified and banished from media jobs. Don't f****** tell me Freedome of Speech when anyone speaks negatively against Jewish, Israel, or Black will be punished and banned from speaking/expressing publicly with an established media or what.

Are you an American living in the US or you're just a wanna be who has no idea what I'm talking about?

she had personal acquaintance with Abe, but as a reporter this still is unprofessional
If they knew that, they should have asked her if she would be able to hold her composure. Either way, she’s human, so it’s always a possibility for something like than to happen.

sounds like a little drama queen, nothing here to see. too much nonsense for attention.

I thought this was Taiwanese but this is just darn weird.
Why is Shinzo Abe still liked in some chinese circles?
Not surprising. A lot of mainland Chinese love to think they are Americans and Japanese.

Don't f****** tell me Freedome of Speech when anyone speaks negatively against Jewish, Israel, or Black will be punished and banned from speaking/expressing publicly with an established media or what.

Interesting list item you added in there...is this Chinese racism towards Africans sneaking out?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom