What's new

Chinese hackers compromise US weapons' designs: Report

Are the Chinese that powerful that they take out the Americans at will? Are the Americans so weak that they cannot even defend themselves against regular Chinese attacks?

What about the Philipines and the Japanese? Has China already brought them to their knees?

Are the Chinese that powerful that they take out the Americans at will? Are the Americans so weak that they cannot even defend themselves against regular Chinese attacks?

What about the Philipines and the Japanese? Has China already brought them to their knees?
Are you serious about that? There is nothing in the Pentagon report that says how deep are the penetrations. For all we know, whatever the Chinese got, they could have gotten the same by hacking IEEE archives.

But if you want to know who has the ultimate power, it is US. With an Executive Order, the US President could remove China from the Web for a measly five minutes and China will cry 'Uncle'.

Are you serious about that? There is nothing in the Pentagon report that says how deep are the penetrations. For all we know, whatever the Chinese got, they could have gotten the same by hacking IEEE archives.

But if you want to know who has the ultimate power, it is US. With an Executive Order, the US President could remove China from the Web for a measly five minutes and China will cry 'Uncle'.

It's the Americans who are always crying about Chinese attacks with no ability to stop them it would seem. I don't hear the Chinese complaining about American attacks, if any.

I think the Chinese are too powerful for the Americans in cyber warfare.

It's the Americans who are always crying about Chinese attacks with no ability to stop them it would seem. I don't hear the Chinese complaining about American attacks, if any.
May be because we are too good to get busted.

I think the Chinese are too powerful for the Americans in cyber warfare.
Sure...You go on believing that...

@gambit, I remember back in the 1990s how common Americans were lead to believe by their own government regarding American supremacy over the North Koreans. Hollywood would regularly produce fantacies where they would show how USAF aircrafts would woosh here and woosh there, taking out the North Korean installations before the North Koreans were able to acquire the atomic bomb.

After 3 North Korean nuclear tests, what happened? Where's American supremacy?

At one time, the common Americans were lead to believe that if the North Koreans ever acquired the nukes, it'll be doomsday scenario for the United States. However, as soon the North Koreans carried out their first nuclear test back in October 9, 2006, the Americans have since been lead to believe that the North Koreans don't have the capability to miniaturise the nuke small enough to fit in their ballistic missiles.

Point being, are you that sure of American supremacy over the Chinese in cyber warfare?

Last edited by a moderator:
@gambit, I remember back in the 1990s how common Americans were lead to believe by their own government regarding American supremacy over the North Koreans. Hollywood would regularly produce fantacies where they would show how USAF aircrafts would woosh here and woosh there, taking out the North Korean installations before the North Koreans were able to acquire the atomic bomb.

After 3 North Korean nuclear tests, what happened? Where's American supremacy?

At one time, the common Americans were lead to believe that if the North Koreans ever acquired the nukes, it'll be doomsday scenario for the United States. However, as soon the North Koreans carried out their first nuclear test back in October 9, 2006, the Americans have since been lead to believe that the North Koreans don't have the capability to miniaturise the nuke small enough to fit in their ballistic missiles.
You confused hesitancy to use force with inability to use force. That tells me much about your maturity in understanding these matters.

Point being, are you that sure of American supremacy over the Chinese in cyber warfare?
Am not the one making claims about supremacy here. YOU are and you are rooting for the Chinese.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, coming out of a technical point of view and into a Practical point of view.

If your country (I don't really care where you are from) stole something so called "Top Secret" US military design, will you post it to face book??

First of all, if I successfully steal anything from another country, I will NOT PUBLICITY advertise about it, if I know for sure the other side do not know, I will retain the method for future use. Why would I publish my connection to the secret? To shut me down next time??

Secondly, if I really do get the latest information, will I publish it so that the American can change their plan?? I hardly think so.

In the Intel game, there are a thing called 'Misinformation" will this be a "I let you get my useless stuff, so I know how you get in"

Honestly, everybody studied computer know, a good hacking is a hacking you NEVER HEARD of until it hit you in the face? Why go public?? So that you say "I make a fool out of you" is valued a lot more than your actual intel??

A list of the U.S. weapons designs and technologies compromised by hackers

Published: May 27*

Weapon designs and technologies compromised

The following is reproduced from the nonpublic version of the
Defense Science Board report “Resilient Military Systems and the Advanced Cyber Threat”:

Table 2.2 Expanded partial list of DoD system designs and technologies compromised via cyber exploitation*

SYSTEM DESIGNS

Terminal High Altitude Area Defense

Patriot Advanced Capability-3*

Extended Area Protection and Survivability System (EAPS)

F-35

V-22

C-17

Hawklink

Advanced Harpoon Weapon Control System

Tanker Conversions

Long-term Mine Reconnaissance System

Global Hawk

Navy antenna mechanisms

Global Freight Management System

Micro Air Vehicle

Brigade Combat Team Modernization

Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense System

USMC Tracked Combat Vehicles

Warfighter Information Network-Tactical (WIN-T)

T700 Family of Engines

Full Authority Digital Engine Controller (FADEC)

UH-60 Black Hawk

AMRAAM (AIM-120 Advanced Medium-Range Air-to-Air Missile)

Affordable Weapons System

Littoral Combat Ship

Navy Standard Missile (SM-2,3,6)

P-8A/Multi-Mission Aircraft

F/A and EA-18

RC-135 Detect./Collect.

Mk54 Light Weight Torpedo

TECHNOLOGIES

Directed Energy

UAV video system

Specific Emitter identification

Nanotechnology

Dual Use Avionics

Fuze/Munitions safety and development

Electronic Intelligence Processing

Tactical Data Links

Satellite Communications

Electronic Warfare

Advanced Signal Processing Technologies for Radars

Nanostructured Metal Matrix Composite for Light Weight Ballistic Armor

Vision-aided Urban Navigation & Collision Avoidance for Class I Unmanned Air Vehicles (UAV)

Space Surveillance Telescope

Materials/processing technologies

IR Search and Track systems

Electronic Warfare systems

Electromagnetic Aircraft Launch

Rail Gun

Side Scan sonar

Mode 5 IFF*

Export Control, ITAR, Distribution Statement B,C,D Technical Information

CAD drawings, 3D models, schematics

Software code

Critical technology

Vendor/supply chain data

Technical manuals

PII (email addresses, SSN, credit card numbers, passwords, etc.)

Attendee lists for program reviews and meetings

That quite a list especially the PAC3, THAAD, and Aegis and core technologies. Must be an update earlier news stated the F35, UH60, and V22.

Well, coming out of a technical point of view and into a Practical point of view.

If your country (I don't really care where you are from) stole something so called "Top Secret" US military design, will you post it to face book??

First of all, if I successfully steal anything from another country, I will NOT PUBLICITY advertise about it, if I know for sure the other side do not know, I will retain the method for future use. Why would I publish my connection to the secret? To shut me down next time??

Secondly, if I really do get the latest information, will I publish it so that the American can change their plan?? I hardly think so.

In the Intel game, there are a thing called 'Misinformation" will this be a "I let you get my useless stuff, so I know how you get in"

Honestly, everybody studied computer know, a good hacking is a hacking you NEVER HEARD of until it hit you in the face? Why go public?? So that you say "I make a fool out of you" is valued a lot more than your actual intel??
People are more interested in poking US in the eye than about making sense. They do not believe that the US military have no problems with foreigners believing we are incompetent. The potential that Chinese crackers walked into a 'honeypot' is beyond comprehension.

Show ur guys a America YF-23 blueprint here, research it and build urself own YF-23 aircraft body in ur home =D
Don't thanks me, thanks the internet ... (BTW did CIA will knock at my door and check my house's watermeter ?!)

YF_23_4_View.jpg

YF_23_4_View.gif

Show ur guys a America YF-23 blueprint here, research it and build urself own YF-23 aircraft body in ur home =D
Don't thanks me, thanks the internet ... (BTW did CIA will knock at my door and check my house's watermeter ?!)

YF_23_4_View.jpg

YF_23_4_View.gif

your pic is no good try mine

northrop_yf_23_black_widow_ii-26541.jpg

People are more interested in poking US in the eye than about making sense. They do not believe that the US military have no problems with foreigners believing we are incompetent. The potential that Chinese crackers walked into a 'honeypot' is beyond comprehension.

lol started to think the whole thing is a scam, they probably just needed the attention

Back
Top Bottom