What's new

Chinese expert says Huawei Mate60 satellite communication technology is more advanced than Starlink

kankan326

Reaction score
Country
China
The satellites orbit used for Huawei mate60 is 36000km from earth. 3 satellites can cover the whole earth. No base station is needed. Starlink orbit is 1000km from earth. Starlink needs a lot of satellites and base stations.

1693989517662.png

The satellites orbit used for Huawei mate60 is 36000km from earth. 3 satellites can cover the whole earth. No base station is needed. Starlink orbit is 1000km from earth. Starlink needs a lot of satellites and base stations.

View attachment 951429

it's all about Latency
L = 2 * (e / c)
  • L is the latency in seconds.
  • e is the distance between the transmitter/receiver and the satellite in meters.
  • c is the speed of light in a vacuum, which is approximately 299,792,458 meters per second (approximately 3 x 10^8 meters per second).

L1 = 2 * (36,000,000 meters / 299,792,458 meters/second)
L1 ≈ 0.240 seconds or 240 milliseconds

L2 = 2 * (1,000,000 meters / 299,792,458 meters/second)
L2 ≈ 0.013 seconds or 13 milliseconds

Last edited:
Starlink more like Starjunk. The White trashes always choose the most cumbersome and problematic solutions to any given problem. Take the Ford EMAL for instance, only White trash go AC when DC is much simpler and more effective. PLUS, US never learnt its own lesson. Once upon a time Nicolas Tesla (the actual man not this modern junk company ran by Musk) advocated AC while Thomas Edison advocated DC. Guess who never made a dent in history while GE (founded by Edison) survived to the present day? Then they repeat the same shiet all over again AC vs DC EMAL...

Of course, the satellite communication of Huawei mobile phone does not need a ground station.

But in fact, the Beidou SMS function of Huawei mobile phones is more practical.

The White trashes

Once upon a time Nicolas Tesla (the actual man not this modern junk company ran by Musk) advocated AC while Thomas Edison advocated DC. Guess who never made a dent in history while GE (founded by Edison) survived to the present day? Then they repeat the same shiet all over again AC vs DC EMAL...

Yeah and also notice how both of them were white and not East Asians. 🤔

No East Asian thinking of anything brilliant...like a 3rd way 😎 to use electricity to power their own cities/EMALS. Nope...just follow the achievements of the white man and oh make sure to always call it "indigenous". :rolleyes1:

Always the white man leading the Asians out of the rice paddys.

Last edited:
it's all about Latency
L = 2 * (e / c)
  • L is the latency in seconds.
  • e is the distance between the transmitter/receiver and the satellite in meters.
  • c is the speed of light in a vacuum, which is approximately 299,792,458 meters per second (approximately 3 x 10^8 meters per second).

L1 = 2 * (36,000,000 meters / 299,792,458 meters/second)
L1 ≈ 0.240 seconds or 240 milliseconds

L2 = 2 * (1,000,000 meters / 299,792,458 meters/second)
L2 ≈ 0.013 seconds or 13 milliseconds

I'm not an expert in this field. I think launching more satellites will add the bandwidth. Huawei has entered 6G domain.

View attachment 951429
Those chinese “experts” are dummy. Or fake experts.
5G or 6G is cellular communications technology while Starlink is close earth satellite communications. they have little or haven’t nothing in common. Huawei geostationary satellites are totally unsuitable for fast internet, real audio and video communications, gaming. Same for other geostationary satellites.

for those applications you need high bandwidth, low latency and reliability.

Those chinese “experts” are dummy. Or fake experts.
5G or 6G is cellular communications technology while Starlink is close earth satellite communications. they have little or haven’t nothing in common. Huawei geostationary satellites are totally unsuitable for fast internet, real audio and video communications, gaming. Same for other geostationary satellites.

for those applications you need high bandwidth, low latency and reliability.
I stopped reading after the "expert" claim 3 Geo-orbital satellites can cover the entire earth......half an earth maybe, I don't think it is physically possible to have GEO Satellite to cover the entire earth, give the earth itself is a 3 planar object.

On the other hand, 36000 km? The latency would be a bitch

I'm not an expert in this field. I think launching more satellites will add the bandwidth. Huawei has entered 6G domain.

It has nothing to do with the number of satellites.

Latency is how long a round trip transmission takes. The further away the longer the time...even at the speed of light. Because the Starlink satellites are in low earth orbit the minimum delay is only 13ms (0.013 seconds) but if you are way up at 36,000km the minimum delay time jumps up to 1/4 second which doesn't sound like much but it makes quick reaction gaming like Fortnite impossible to play.

This of course also plays out with the precision of remotely controlled armed drones. The Starlink satellites are trying to get as close to realtime as possible.

Last edited:
I stopped reading after the "expert" claim 3 Geo-orbital satellites can cover the entire earth......half an earth maybe, I don't think it is physically possible to have GEO Satellite to cover the entire earth, give the earth itself is a 3 planar object.

On the other hand, 36000 km? The latency would be a bitch
Technically possible when those 3 sats remain geostationary 120 degrees to each other. The latency is about 500ms round trip time. Too high. Everything higher than 100ms is terrible dead for voice communications.

Technically possible when those 3 sats remain geostationary 120 degrees to each other. The latency is about 500ms round trip time. Too high. Everything higher than 100ms is terrible dead for voice communications.
120 degree with each other can only cover half of the earth, unless the reception area is bigger than the circumference of the earth, again earth radius is around 7000km, you are not going to cover enough when you have 3 satellite at 36000km, you are going to have dark spot because the earth will block the signal. Again, 3 satellites can cover a 2 dimensional plane, not 3-dimensional plane. You will need at least 5 to cover the entire earth at that height, you probably can cover the entire earth with 3 if they are at a higher level, maybe 50k kilometers from earth

Last edited:
120 degree with each other can only cover half of the earth, unless the reception area is bigger than the circumference of the earth, again earth radius is around 7000km, you are not going to cover enough when you have 3 satellite at 36000km, you are going to have dark spot because the earth will block the signal. Again, 3 satellites can cover a 2 dimensional plane, not 3-dimensional plane. You will need at least 5 to cover the entire earth at that height, you probably can cover the entire earth with 3 if they are at a higher level, maybe 50k kilometers from earth
Yes that’s right. 3 sats are too little. 4 as minimum, then the globe is vast. That’s why GPS has 31 sats in space.

Yes that’s right. 3 sats are too little. 4 as minimum, then the globe is vast. That’s why GPS has 31 sats in space.
And 3 satellites only, I mean, how many account they are supposed to handle? Don't forget Satellite is direct 2 ways communication, so you can't share the bandwidth, because when you are using it, you occupied that bandwidth until you get off the phone, I don't know how big these Satellite Bandwidth is going to be, but judging from my own experience on using Satellite and Satellite Communication, I don't see any one of these satellite can handle any more than 100,000 connections, how many phones you are expecting to sell? In millions perhaps, so how are you going to offer this service in an unlimited capacity, not just for back up?

Bear in mind, Starlink have 4700 satellite in orbit to actually service the world, and you think 3 Satellite can cut it?

View attachment 951429
Your satellite gotta be far away and your latency will be >1000 miliseconds.

Also if physically impossible to cover the whole earth which is a sphere with just 3 satellites.

It has nothing to do with the number of satellites.

Latency is how long a round trip transmission takes. The further away the longer the time...even at the speed of light. Because the Starlink satellites are in low earth orbit the minimum delay is only 13ms (0.013 seconds) but if you are way up at 36,000km the minimum delay time jumps up to 1/4 second which doesn't sound like much but it makes quick reaction gaming like Fortnite impossible to play.

This of course also plays out with the precision of remotely controlled armed drones. The Starlink satellites are trying to get as close to realtime as possible.
And 3 satellites only, I mean, how many account they are supposed to handle? Don't forget Satellite is direct 2 ways communication, so you can't share the bandwidth, because when you are using it, you occupied that bandwidth until you get off the phone, I don't know how big these Satellite Bandwidth is going to be, but judging from my own experience on using Satellite and Satellite Communication, I don't see any one of these satellite can handle any more than 100,000 connections, how many phones you are expecting to sell? In millions perhaps, so how are you going to offer this service in an unlimited capacity, not just for back up?

Bear in mind, Starlink have 4700 satellite in orbit to actually service the world, and you think 3 Satellite can cut it?
Your satellite gotta be far away and your latency will be >1000 miliseconds.

Also if physically impossible to cover the whole earth which is a sphere with just 3 satellites.
That's all the problems 6G is going to solve. Make impossible things possible. That is called technology revolution. Before Huawei Mate60, no one believed satellite antenna can be assembled into a phone. This is the reason I said Huawei opened a door for 6G

Back
Top Bottom