What's new

Chinese coast guard ship blocks Philippines coast guard ship with 3 AP and BBC reporters on board

What do you mean? How are you fighting against cultural homonization? Russia wants to integrate Ukraine back in Russian fold and China wants to do the same to Taiwan.
Mainland China and Taiwan are of the same culture and ethnicity

Percentage of ethnic Han Chinese population
Taiwan : 98%
Hong kong : 92%
Mainland China : 91.59%
Singapore : 74.3%

Mainland China and Taiwan are of the same culture and ethnicity

Percentage of ethnic Han Chinese population
Taiwan : 98%
Hong kong : 92%
Mainland China : 91.59%
Singapore : 74.3%
What do you think is the deciding factor for a nation it's ideology, religion or both or any other factor?
If the Taiwanese don't want to join China like the Ukrainians then what will be the case?
Forceful annexation? I know mainland china will say that corrupt politicians and the US are to complain for all the issues but tbh that's not the case it would just be crying wolf for the local audience.
You can see same example between India and Pakistan both share pretty much the same ethnicity but the divide was due to different ideology and religion mainly.

What do you think is the deciding factor for a nation it's ideology, religion or both or any other factor?
If the Taiwanese don't want to join China like the Ukrainians then what will be the case?
Taiwanese are Chinese, Ukrainians are not Russians, besides, Taiwan's official name is Republic of China, so it's still China.

Taiwanese are Chinese, Ukrainians are not Russians, besides, Taiwan's official name is Republic of China, so it's still China.
Ukranians have historically been part of the USSR, just upto the split they were among the important regions of USSR, also majority have Russian heritage, speak Russian and stuff.
ROC was a name taken during the split to signify their side. They wanted to legitimize their side after the split. Right now CCP has the upper hand and most of the world recognizes them cos of their sheer size and geopolitical power.
But we aren't talking about that though.

Ukranians have historically been part of the USSR, just upto the split they were among the important regions of USSR, also majority have Russian heritage, speak Russian and stuff.
India is historically part of UK, but are you the same people?

ROC was a name taken during the split to signify their side.
A divided country needs to be reunited, what's wrong? US also had a civil war, Germany was also divided into east and west for many decades.

ROC was a name taken during the split to signify their side. They wanted to legitimize their side after the split. Right now CCP has the upper hand and most of the world recognizes them cos of their sheer size and geopolitical power.
President of KMT party in Taiwan
Aren't we the descendants of Yan and Huang? is there a conflict between being a Taiwanese and Chinese? Like If I m from Shandong province and I m a Shandonger, (same as Beijinger, Shanghainese) is Shandonger not Chinese?

My Sikh friends told me that they were not Hindus, that they hated being called Indians and that they wanted an independent Sikh state

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom