What's new

Chinese bank ‘backs off’ from Iran gas pipeline

You need somebody to finance this pipe line...so lets see who can finance this pipe line-

¤ Asian Development Bank-I don't think soo
¤ World Bank-hehe in your dream..
¤ IMF-Statment same as above..
¤United States-hehehe
¤Saudi Arab- No Chance
¤Chineese Bank- they have already back tracked...

So here are we left with Pakistan and Iran only...

You forgot Russia but then again its expected from the likes of you. Here is the latest on the project for your info

Russia, Iran want to lay IP gas pipeline

This link is already been posted above but you carefully chose to ignore, i can imagine why. Let me repeat my self This project will happen, one way or the other. We are not going to abdomen Iran unlike some. And besides this project is in the long term interest of Pakistan. Even if this government does not, the next will because there is no alternative to this and neither can we afford anymore delay.

this OP indian is really stupid

even one Pakistani Bank also refused soo they are just doing it for personal benefits...

where this Pak-China freishship comes from?

indians are now really obessed with our freindshp too...:D

this OP indian is really stupid

even one Pakistani Bank also refused soo they are just doing it for personal benefits...

where this Pak-China freishship comes from?

indians are now really obessed with our freindshp too...:D

That was written by your fellow Pakistani, I didn't write the article. Wonder who is the dumb a** here :rolleyes:

You forgot Russia but then again its expected from the likes of you. Here is the latest on the project for your info

Russia, Iran want to lay IP gas pipeline

This link is already been posted above but you carefully chose to ignore, i can imagine why. Let me repeat my self This project will happen, one way or the other. We are not going to abdomen Iran unlike some. And besides this project is in the long term interest of Pakistan. Even if this government does not, the next will because there is no alternative to this and neither can we afford anymore delay.
Althrough i have already commented on that link...but i think i have to repeat myself for the people like you...

Here the question is not about who wants to lay the IP Pipeline{India,China or Russia}...the Question is who will actualy lay this Pipeline......

And Yes this is the perfect opportunity for Russia to show the world that who leads when it comes to Asia...and i don't think Putin will ever miss this opportunity...

yes, and instead of getting sucked in sanctions we should try alternative ..may be Qatar undersea gas pipeline or TPI pipeline but gas is expensive from Qatar which makes it not a good choice and security is volatile in afghan....

SHAKWA AND JAWAB-I SHAKWA :rofl:

Hate discharging thread, if both parties didn't reach to a mutual decisions it doesn't mean all weather friend became seasonal friend. This is business and we can find more suitable option.

Wow surprise surprise intresting to see pakistanis comments here saying china serving their interest and if the same thing was done by India
these same people would have said India is slave of USA, Their colonial mindset has not gone,they ar white praisers blah blah blah

Multiple sources available for funding Pak-Iran pipeline: Khar
By Our Correspondent
Published: March 14, 2012\
ISLAMABAD: Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar said on Wednesday that there were multiple sources available for funding the Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline and that a Chinese bank’s decision to back off from funding the project will not affect plans to import gas from the neighbouring country.
“There are multiple sources available and this is fairly a very viable project,” Khar told reporters at a joint news conference with her Swedish counterpart Carl Bildt in Islamabad.
Khar brushed aside the impression that the Chinese decision would affect the country’s plan to import gas from neighboring Iran. Pakistan is pursuing the project despite mounting US pressure to abandon the project.
Parliamentary review of US ties
The foreign minister insisted that the government’s decision to rewrite terms of engagement with the US, NATO and ISAF will expand cooperation with international players instead of contracting it.
“We hope that the world will respect the new terms of engagement,” she said, adding that Pakistan wanted to assist western forces stationed in Afghanistan with a smooth exit from the war-torn country.
Khar pointed out that Pakistan and the west had ‘convergence’ on the issue of Afghanistan, but the area of difference was the ‘tools’ being used to achieve the ending objective.
Pakistan seeks justice for US killing in Kandhar
The foreign minister strongly condemned the killing of 16 Afghan civilians including children by a US solider in Afghanistan. “We condemn this act in the strongest possible terms and we want that the person responsible for this must be brought to justice,” she said.
The Swedish foreign minister, whose country is also part of the ISAF, expressed his “deepest regret”’ over the incident.
“We hope this will not affect the overall policy in Afghanistan,” he said.
Pakistan-Sweden bilateral ties
Khar said Pakistan and Sweden have decided to double the existing volume of bilateral trade from $450 million to $900 million by 2014.
The Swedish foreign minister said his country endorsed Pakistan’s position that trade not, aid was the solution to the problem.
Multiple sources available for funding Pak-Iran pipeline: Khar – The Express Tribune

That was written by your fellow Pakistani, I didn't write the article. Wonder who is the dumb a** here :rolleyes:

the writter didnt highlighted the favourite line for indians which this indian did....soo u showed who is the dumbass

Its the banks who did it cuz its the US threatning to impose sanctions on banks who try to do it..

which u indians simply missed to highlight :D even amsure this indians just see tht it says agianst Pak-China freindship so didnt even bother to read the whole article...

poor indian with pathetic mentality:D

What about emotional calls of frienship, Higher than mountains and deeper than oceans.

China as a friend should help now, Pakistan is in need of help now.

A friend in need is a friend indeed.

But I think India should finance this pipeline with strong guarentees from Pakistan against damage of pipeline.

Its best if you finance the toilet scheme as 600 million Indians have no toilet, who backed off and who is friend who is not does not matter in business even family .

I think this is to be expected. US will create various hurdles in this deal.

The Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline deal is sure to be fraught with issues and problems. Pakistan has to plan in advance for all sorts of contingencies and must know how to deal with issues. We need to be prepared for any problem in the way. We must also have solutions. We need the gas pipeline for our gas needs and we should be capable of resisting the pressure.

Chinese have to take care of their interests as well. So it is not surprising. Any ways Pakistan has other options eg. Iran has already offered to finance and even build the pipe line itself. Russia has also offered to build and finance the pipe line. Even Pakistan itself can do it without any foreign help. Just call in Army's engineering division and they will do it in two years max as they have equipment and expertise at hand with free man power and only the pipes have to be ordered to be manufactured by Pakistan steel mills, which is going to be good as the business will help them to pay their debts. It is not like without China, it is the end of the world.

PS. Note the happiness of the majority of the Indians here on this news. It is really pathetic.

Back
Top Bottom