What's new

Chinese Air Force (PLAAF) News & Discussions

You mean the KJ-500.

No I mean A platform like this: E-3 Sentry

Usaf.e3sentry.750pix.jpg

No I mean A platform like this: E-3 Sentry

Usaf.e3sentry.750pix.jpg

PLAAF may used comac C919 as a better candidate. The reason why civilian engine like SFA 5000 is started is to replace all foreign parts so that embargo will not stop C919 AWACS project.

PLAAF may used comac C919 as a better candidate. The reason why civilian engine like SFA 5000 is started is to replace all foreign parts so that embargo will not stop C919 AWACS project.

C919 is small compared to Boeing 707 I don't know is C919 two engine? Are there any more airliner project by China any 4 engine based platform. But yes C919 AEW&C to replace Y-8/9 series would be excellent and might get international orders like Pakistan and other Allies of China.

C919 is small compared to Boeing 707 I don't know is C919 two engine? Are there any more airliner project by China any 4 engine based platform. But yes C919 AEW&C to replace Y-8/9 series would be excellent and might get international orders like Pakistan and other Allies of China.

The latest generation of KJ-500 suggest smaller antenna dish build. I don't it whether size will really restrict it capability but C919 shall have no problem fitting the new dish on it.

Comac has already hinted a military role for C919(AWACS), Y-20 also for the AWACS and Tanker roles.

Comac acknowledged two years ago that up to six variants of the C919 were being considered, including military .
P&W works with Comac on C919 variant studies - 9/25/2012 - Flight Global

IFR of J-10A and J-10S from Nanjing military region

Training of paratroopers

Training of a division with it's J-11B

Henri K.

New(GX-N)electronic jamming plane;

221305b5b4glbe40jy9efz.jpg

New(GX-N)electronic jamming plane;

221305b5b4glbe40jy9efz.jpg

Back
Top Bottom