What's new

Chinese Air Force (PLAAF) News & Discussions

Will China going to sell PN their 120+ Su-27s with possible upgrades from Russia?

As they are building up their own fighter under license named J-11Bs.

Will China going to sell PN their 120+ Su-27s with possible upgrades from Russia?

As they are building up their own fighter under license named J-11Bs.

Su-27 derivatives (whether they are Su-27s or J-11Bs) will not be for sale.

080623tqq0scxdqhxgguqb.jpg

I have a question guys. How big does the Chinese government want the Air Force to become? I mean what are the numbers for each type (let's keep it to fighter jets in order to make it easy to answer). How many j-10 j-31 j-20, j-11 j-16 are planned for the PLAAF? (couple hundred 50s and 60s jets need to be replaced also)
And aside from what's being planned, what are the numbers YOU'd like to see? Thanks.

I have a question guys. How big does the Chinese government want the Air Force to become? I mean what are the numbers for each type (let's keep it to fighter jets in order to make it easy to answer). How many j-10 j-31 j-20, j-11 j-16 are planned for the PLAAF? (couple hundred 50s and 60s jets need to be replaced also)
And aside from what's being planned, what are the numbers YOU'd like to see? Thanks.

No one knows for sure how many J-10, J-11, J-15 & J-16 are "planned". Personally - and that's just my opinion - I think they just "let it float", instead of "plan" then fail miserably as many other air forces do these days. Som air forces plan "something" over the next few years, and after a while, nothing happens. Such as Rafale & Mistral deals, F-35 problems or PAK-FAs & Armata cost issues, etc.

So no point in planning then to be dissapointed at the end.

Personally, I hope PLAAF does not build too many 4th and 4.5 gen fighters, as I wish them to concentrate all or most of the production on J-20, J-31 and the strategic stealth bomber project.

So once again, personally I do not wish to see too many J-10, J-11, J-15 & J-16 or even JH-7B or whatever.

Massive resources should go on J-20, J-31, various large UCAVs and H-8 bomber, and also set up production line so it's ready for serious massproduction when the time comes.

I am hoping for at least 1.000 or maybe even up to 1.200 J-20 and J-31, in addition to a few dozen H-8 bombers. This should be a target from 2019 and completed by 2035 at the latest. It should be possible as the defence budget we most likely hit above 350 billion USD in the 2020s. It is already today, close to 200 billion USD.

Good write up. Although I can hardly imagine China (being the master planner in even the smallest things) not planning exactly what their Air Force should look like. I think though, that it's probably top secret, as to not 'scare' the world. I agree about the 5th gen, but any large superpower air force should needs an extra 500-1000 4-4.5th gen aircraft that will remain usable for the next decades. When wars start, suddenly only a small percentage of the inventory can be used (servicability etc). So it's always good as an insurance policy. Heck, the US even keeps thousands of very old fighter jets in the desert.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom