What's new

China’s Xiaomi strikes ahead of iPhone 6

TaiShang

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
China’s Xiaomi strikes ahead of iPhone 6 :enjoy:

China's biggest ‪#‎smartphone‬ maker, ‪#‎Xiaomi‬, held a second flash sale of its new ‪#‎Redmi‬ 1S on Tuesday, after selling out in just four seconds a week ago. It staged the sale just hours before the unveiling of ‪#‎Apple‬'s‪ #‎iPhone6‬.

While Apple dominates the international market, the competition between the two tech rivals in ‪#‎China‬ is heating up, with Xiaomi, offering a much lower price, now holding a clear lead in sales.

Xiaomi’s Redmi 1S is sold at only 699 yuan (approx. $113), over five times cheaper than Samsung’s Galaxy, and Apple’s much-anticipated iPhone 6.

It features a quad-core processor and an 8-mega-pixel camera.

In less than a year, Xiaomi has grown by 240 percent to become the world’s fifth largest smartphone maker.

Xiaomi VS. Apple in China

Xiaomi, which means “Small Rice”, now holds 14% of the world’s biggest smartphone market—China, making it the number one vendor in the country, after having surpassed Samsung. In contrast, Apple has now dropped out of the top five.

Xiaomi has been gaining popularity in the country with lower prices and similar quality to Apple.

It has also unveiled its global ambitions, with plans to enter Indonesia, Mexico, Russia, Thailand and Turkey later this year.

Upon the unveiling of Apple’s iPhone 6, CCTVNews spoke to customers.

Watch the video here:
http://youtu.be/xJedw_UP6sM

iPhone 6, a major step forward, or just sales hype from Apple? Will you buy one?

Xiaomi's Redmi, over five times cheaper and attempting similar quality, will you try one?

10665188_826687374038751_6404194016417771286_n.png

10610728_826687400705415_4213066369617816549_n.png

10606232_826687417372080_7310594564707625627_n.png

Even though I like Xiaomi, it's very difficult and frustrating to get your hands on Xiaomi. They should make the devices available according to demand.
Though Xiaomi gives bang for the buck, one cannot compare xiaomi's camera to one that of apple, cause the iSight will beat hand down to any other 8 megapixel camera out there. The iSight camera and its sensor's are in its own league.
btw, I'm trying to get my hands on Xiaomi Mi4.

Even though I like Xiaomi, it's very difficult and frustrating to get your hands on Xiaomi. They should make the devices available according to demand.
Though Xiaomi gives bang for the buck, one cannot compare xiaomi's camera to one that of apple, cause the iSight will beat hand down to any other 8 megapixel camera out there. The iSight camera and its sensor's are in its own league.
btw, I'm trying to get my hands on Xiaomi Mi4.

xiomi uses sony's unit just like the iphone.
But the newer iphone 6 will be better as its has a larger sensor of 1/2.6 inch.

xperia z2/3 have 1/2.3 inch sensor though.

According to the blind tests on 5s/xperia z2/lg g3 and galaxy s5..................................s5 had the best camera by some margin.

And u should get the mi4 pad,,,,with tegra k1 chip its a beast

xiomi uses sony's unit just like the iphone.
But the newer iphone 6 will be better as its has a larger sensor of 1/2.6 inch.

xperia z2/3 have 1/2.3 inch sensor though.

According to the blind tests on 5s/xperia z2/lg g3 and galaxy s5..................................s5 had the best camera by some margin.

And u should get the mi4 pad,,,,with tegra k1 chip its a beast
I know that, I was comparing it with Redmi 1s, as the article does.

You got banned again. You do rattle some feathers here on PDF.

Vanity aside,there is absolutely no reason to buy the new iPhone 6。

I am past the age of vanity,so。。。:D

RedMi is a low cost version with still good performance..
It give entry level smartphone users a good experience.
but you cannot expect it to compare with Iphone6
If you want, Mi4 may be better to compare with other high end smartphone

I know that, I was comparing it with Redmi 1s, as the article does.

You got banned again. You do rattle some feathers here on PDF.

RedMi is a low cost version with still good performance..
It give entry level smartphone users a good experience.
but you cannot expect it to compare with Iphone6
If you want, Mi4 may be better to compare with other high end smartphone
That is exactly what I'm trying to say. The author should have compared iPhone 6 with Mi4

Personally I will prefer Huawei Honor 6 compare with MI4.
MI4 don`t have 4G network right now. Still some time to get 4G in MI4
Honor 6 has the LTE CAT6 which support high speed LTE network..
But anyway, 3G is also good enough...

That is exactly what I'm trying to say. The author should have compared iPhone 6 with Mi4

Personally I will prefer Huawei Honor 6 compare with MI4.
MI4 don`t have 4G network right now. Still some time to get 4G in MI4
Honor 6 has the LTE CAT6 which support high speed LTE network..
But anyway, 3G is also good enough...
Why do you say that MI4 doesn't feature 4G? It does have an advance TD-LTE antenna made by China mobile.
Capture.JPG

Here is comparison between both the devices, in my opinion MI4 is better than Honor 6.
Huawei Honor 6 vs. Xiaomi Mi 4 - GSMArena.com

Oh I forgot Mi4 with TDD Lte is just released a few days ago.
Honor 6 is on sale for a few month..
MI4 used to have only WCDMA 3G network..
If it has LTE network, seems much better..
The price is same, 1999 RMB. Good price with good performance.

Why do you say that MI4 doesn't feature 4G? It does have an advance TD-LTE antenna made by China mobile.
View attachment 48161
Here is comparison between both the devices, in my opinion MI4 is better than Honor 6.

I have my share of bitter experiences with Huawei and ZTE phones and Lenovo headphones, I will stick to more reputed brands like LG, Samsung & Sony even if they cost more, quality comes for a price.

Apple has 1 thing though: The name.

Even if Xiaomi beats apple's phones in every category, people will buy apple anyways because its high class and cool.

I don't like apple anyways, too much restriction (software and hardware). Im happy with my galaxy s3.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom