What's new

China's War Plans For India

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be great that India can developed into a strong country! This will ensure the shift of power to Asia!

although both India and china look at each other with great amount of suspicion,but what if both the country's join hands to actually shift the power balance from west to east.i think it will be tightest slap on European domination.just because of these Europeans and off course USA there is so much hostility between India ,china and Pakistan.i hope all the government's of each country should emphasis on building new Asia:toast_sign:.

the learning is mutual =)

avatar, i'm sure india would get much better in the next 20 years, and what is important is now india's relative strength (which may or may not increase) but how well its citizens are living.

Main stream Indians are living a good life. But the farmers and people related to farming which is of a big majority in percentage are the ones which are referred to as poor and the sufferers. once this issue is fixed everything will be fine.

It will be great that India can developed into a strong country! This will ensure the shift of power to Asia!

Power was with the east and will come to east.This is inevitable.I am a big believer in Asia's equal stature supposiition.

I see a war coming up later this week in Shanghai.. an Indian force and another general from India will battling out in the streets of Shanghai. People are calling this war- Formula 1.

I see a war coming up later this week in Shanghai.. an Indian force and another general from India will battling out in the streets of Shanghai. People are calling this war- Formula 1.

I believe you :lol: :lol:

Lets start another thread on this. :rofl:

Last edited:
finally we can stop this war nonsense and focus on what life's really about - simple living.

you can never go wrong with planning for the worst but we all know a china-india war is not going to happen. our countries have moved beyond war and use diplomacy to solve issues. besides our military is overstretched, we have 5 battlefields to cover with a mere 2.5 million troops, there is no way we can afford a real war with india and not be attacked elsewhere.

of course in a china vs india 1v1 we'd win but if any war breaks i have no doubts that it will be at least 5v1 against china.

you can never go wrong with planning for the worst but we all know a china-india war is not going to happen. our countries have moved beyond war and use diplomacy to solve issues. besides our military is overstretched, we have 5 battlefields to cover with a mere 2.5 million troops, there is no way we can afford a real war with india and not be attacked elsewhere.

of course in a china vs india 1v1 we'd win but if any war breaks i have no doubts that it will be at least 5v1 against china.

Not if China uses effective diplomacy to get India into the SCO, in the future, Japan too maybe.

Pakistanis are not gona like this a bit.
They want India China to be thirsty for each other's blood.

FINALLY. Great unbiased post. This is very true, we cannot stand still as India is indeed advancing very quickly. But we are not marginally better. Turkey is marginally better than India. Not us. We are FAR better. On some levels, better than some of the poorer developed countries. India has alot of catching up to do, but I have to admit, I was amazed to read about how bad India was even 15 years ago. The progress made has been amazing. I just hate people like Chill Bihari denying reality.

Just a warning, the further up a country develops the harder it is to move to the next stage. India has yet to even begin full scale industrialization, the hardest part of development.

I would like to believe that you are far better than us, good for 1.2 billion human beings living in China.
As far as industrialization is concerned, I do believe India shoud be self reliant in vital industries and should develop better infrastructure for developing these. But for the larger part of industrialization, i believe it can be bypassed. India is already a service oriented economy and manufacturing never really took off before being dominated by service sectors as had been the case for developed countries (and which is true in case of China too). Setting up large manufacturing bases means you not only become self reliant but also generate a lot of employement for unskilled and semi skilled workforce. Service based countries dont generate that much employement but thay do make you self reliant economically and are ecologically more sustainable. And we can always outsource manufacturing to China, no need to compete with you.European countries during their industrial revolution caused so much strain to the environment that the no. of species becoming extinct were highest ever in that era. Now that they have switched to more service based economies by outsourcing manufacturing to countries like China, one can see how clean their lakes, rivers and landscapes have become once again. While for China which is known as World's Manufacturing back house factory, if things do not change quickly, China will not be a place worth living.
Jist- while we will improve in terms of living standards, you might fall down. Watch it !

I would like to believe that you are far better than us, good for 1.2 billion human beings living in China.
As far as industrialization is concerned, I do believe India shoud be self reliant in vital industries and should develop better infrastructure for developing these. But for the larger part of industrialization, i believe it can be bypassed. India is already a service oriented economy and manufacturing never really took off before being dominated by service sectors as had been the case for developed countries (and which is true in case of China too). Setting up large manufacturing bases means you not only become self reliant but also generate a lot of employement for unskilled and semi skilled workforce. Service based countries dont generate that much employement but thay do make you self reliant economically and are ecologically more sustainable. And we can always outsource manufacturing to China, no need to compete with you.European countries during their industrial revolution caused so much strain to the environment that the no. of species becoming extinct were highest ever in that era. Now that they have switched to more service based economies by outsourcing manufacturing to countries like China, one can see how clean their lakes, rivers and landscapes have become once again. While for China which is known as World's Manufacturing back house factory, if things do not change quickly, China will not be a place worth living.
Jist- while we will improve in terms of living standards, you might fall down. Watch it !

agreed on environment but china can never become a service oriented economy, we cannot afford any substantial increase in unemployment even if living standards have to go down.

japan is a developed country that continues to be a huge manufacturer. china's model is not the US and europe which outsourced their manufacturing, but is similar to Japan which made its manufacturing more environmentally friendly.

manufacturing makes a country very self reliant especially if it has the population to absorb excess products, in case world markets cannot. service on the other hand forces a country to buy what it can't produce from others, especially countries that produce something no one else can or at a price no one else can match.

agreed on environment but china can never become a service oriented economy, we cannot afford any substantial increase in unemployment even if living standards have to go down.

japan is a developed country that continues to be a huge manufacturer. china's model is not the US and europe which outsourced their manufacturing, but is similar to Japan which made its manufacturing more environmentally friendly.

manufacturing makes a country very self reliant especially if it has the population to absorb excess products, in case world markets cannot. service on the other hand forces a country to buy what it can't produce from others, especially countries that produce something no one else can or at a price no one else can match.

Agree with you mate, but its not only about manufacturing. Manufacturing for local consumption and exporting the surplus has its advantages, not in becoming manufacturing hub for the world. Let me explain, Japan not only manufactures domestically. Its all about developing handful of strong brands and then outsourcing the manufacturing to low cost countries while keeping the brands which earn. For becoming a developed economy based on manufacturing alone, China needs to create organisations like Sony, Honda, Toyota, Hitachi etc. they set up manufacturing bases wherever it is suitable for them. But the money invariably flows to Japan from everywhere, unlike China which is only doing contract manufacturing for almost all big foreign brands.
This way, you cant become what Japan has become.

We have Huawei, Lenovo, Norinco, China Shipbuilding Industry Corporation, China State Shipbuilding Corporation, Sinopec, PetroChina, China National Offshore Oil, Dongfeng Motors, Geely Motors, and these are just some examples of transnational manufacturers we have.

However major employers are NOT these "known" companies. The largest employers are the small private companies that do contract manufacturing and the small companies that do services for employees.

Our strength is that we can manufacture everything from low end to high end. In this regard we are building full spectrum dominance in every market. Our most competitive exports are electrical machinery, consumer electronics and textiles. We produce every part of the textile manufacturing process starting with the machines that produce these textiles.

India should start with manufacturing low end items first, to absorb their excess rural population. Then move up from low end by taking control of the whole process. If India can manufacture the machines used to make the fibers for textiles, for example, it can use that expertise to make other precision machinery which may or may not have military applications =)

Last edited:
We have Huawei, Lenovo, Norinco, China Shipbuilding Industry Corporation, China State Shipbuilding Corporation, Sinopec, PetroChina, China National Offshore Oil, Dongfeng Motors, Geely Motors, and these are just some examples of transnational manufacturers we have.

However major employers are NOT these "known" companies. The largest employers are the small private companies that do contract manufacturing and the small companies that do services for employees.

Our strength is that we can manufacture everything from low end to high end. In this regard we are building full spectrum dominance in every market. Our most competitive exports are electrical machinery, consumer electronics and textiles. We produce every part of the textile manufacturing process starting with the machines that produce these textiles.

India should start with manufacturing low end items first, to absorb their excess rural population. Then move up from low end by taking control of the whole process. If India can manufacture the machines used to make the fibers for textiles, for example, it can use that expertise to make other precision machinery which may or may not have military applications =)

Apart from Lenovo, huawei, no other company you mentioned is a major brand in International market. China is a hub of contract manufacturing for all major brands of the world from nike to nokia.

My point was - its the brands that make Japan what it is. You must have heard of theory of competetive advantage and absolute advantage. This is why Italy is famous for cars, germany for heavy machinary, france for cosmetics, switzerland for small machines and paraphernalia, Japan for consumer electronics, and so on while the actual manufacturing takes place in China.And China is becoming infamous for being producer and exporter of cheap, low quality products ( which defy all patent laws. Like Chinese mobile phones for instance- we have names like Blackcherry, Blueberry, ifone etc) despite of having capacity to produce highest quality products. Why- coz products are sold by the respective brand name, not by the name of country manufacturing it.

OTOH, India is more focussed in building knowledge based industries which add to the country's Intellectual capital. That's why Intel is having chip manufacturing facilities, Adobe and Cisco are having software development centres in India. We dont want to replicate China's growth model but surely want to replicate China's Growth story in our own way. This is what Scott Price, President & CEO of Walmart Asia has said recently:

Price said it would be wrong to compare India and China, but India has a lot of potential as it has availability of highly educated workforce. "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom