What's new

China's sixth-generation fighter aircraft

I congratulate China for having two stealth fighters, although, I am very skeptical about China's sixth-generation fighter program.

As an aviation enthusiast-type person who loves jets, I find it hard for me to imagine China quickly rushing towards the development of a sixth-generation fighter jet. Not only are engines a problem, but the Chengdu J-20 isn't really up to the American standards.

But other than that, I, once again, congratulate China for their stealth fighter programs.

One is a clone of F35 and the other one is bulky bomber which has difficulties in manoeuvrability !!

No engine, no proven AESA radar, no proven missiles and then there is no expertise in developing fighter planes from scratch !!
No proven missiles?

I'm pretty sure the J-20s have been carrying and testing missiles onboard.

Anyway, what I'm saying is that China shouldn't rush. And this also implies to India too. Both India and China are juniors in stealth fighter development, although China is ahead of India because I haven't seen a full-size technology demonstrator of an Indian stealth fighter yet.

No proven missiles?

I'm pretty sure the J-20s have been carrying and testing missiles onboard.

Anyway, what I'm saying is that China shouldn't rush. And this also implies to India too. Both India and China are juniors in stealth fighter development, although China is ahead of India because I haven't seen a full-size technology demonstrator of an Indian stealth fighter yet.

hes obviously butthurt and can only resort to trolling, just ignore.

anyhow, nothing suggests china is "rushing" anything, in fact the PLA is pretty risk averse, given its history in the past where it was so cash strapped that the lost of a single prototype often meant the end of a project, the mentality still lingers. in addition there is only one country in the world that have finished a 5th gen project meaning everyone other than the US is a "junior"

One is a clone of F35 and the other one is bulky bomber which has difficulties in manoeuvrability !!

No engine, no proven AESA radar, no proven missiles and then there is no expertise in developing fighter planes from scratch !!

How's India's stealth fighter coming along? So stealthy it doesn't even exist yet. :rofl:

hes obviously butthurt and can only resort to trolling, just ignore.

anyhow, nothing suggests china is "rushing" anything, in fact the PLA is pretty risk averse, given its history in the past where it was so cash strapped that the lost of a single prototype often meant the end of a project, the mentality still lingers. in addition there is only one country in the world that have finished a 5th gen project meaning everyone other than the US is a "junior"

He's really jealous. The Russians haven't even invited their so-called Indian "joint developers" to any of the Pak-FA's test flights yet. All he can do is fume in frustration as his country struggles to put the finishing touches on their "super" Mig 21, aka the LCA.

If only knowing the radar signature of an aircraft, was enough to bring it down. :D

These guys even copied the shape of the stealth aircraft :lol: . who knows what else they have copied !!

Generally speaking any one will avoid copying the shape ,particularly when they are designing stealth aircraft !!

These guys even copied the shape of the stealth aircraft :lol: . who knows what else they have copied !!

How does it matter? Is F-35 just another aircraft? What if they have copied the whole aircraft? What then? At the end of the day, whatever gets the job done. Your pilots wont be asking or wondering the aircraft origins or technology if they are facing it, in a dogfight. These arguments of stealing, copying, buying technologies might be good on the forum, I can assure you that in the real world, result matters rather than the source. Merely knowing about something, isn't enough on its own.
Yaaar tu abbb lift hi nahin karvataa humein ! :(

Na koi sallam....na dua ! :cry:

Assalam O Aleikum then. How are things going? I had exams going on, thats why I was absent from here.

WOAH slow down China, we dont wanna be left behind.............................
who am i kidding we already are WAAAYYYYYY behind, who gives a damn, we will just buy some 6th Gen from CHina, like we are going to buy 5th Gen In Shaa Allah

Generally speaking any one will avoid copying the shape ,particularly when they are designing stealth aircraft !!

Fact 1: China has two 5th gen aircraft, both of which have flown. The PLAAF are a few years away from receiving its first J-20s.

Fact 2: India is still trying to perfect their 3.5 gen LCA - the "indigenous" Indian aircraft that's anything but, where even the original "Kaveri" engine has been downgraded to power worthless Indian target drones.

Fact 3: Indians make random claims about China's stealth programs but what do Indians know about stealth?
Russia, ostensibly India's "partner", hasn't even allowed a single Indian within 100 miles of the "Joint" :rofl: Pak-FA program. Indian observers have yet to be invited to any Pak-FA test flights. The Russians sure respect their Indian "co-developers" alright.

And the AMCA remains a crude plastic desktop model while HAL scientists struggle in vain to figure out why the LCA resembles the retarded offspring of a Mig-21 and a crop duster.

Fact 1: China has two 5th gen aircraft, both of which have flown. The PLAAF are a few years away from receiving its first J-20s.

Fact 2: India is still trying to perfect their 3.5 gen LCA - the "indigenous" Indian aircraft that's anything but, where even the original "Kaveri" engine has been downgraded to power worthless Indian target drones.

Fact 3: Indians make random claims about China's stealth programs but what do Indians know about stealth?
Russia, ostensibly India's "partner", hasn't even allowed a single Indian within 100 miles of the "Joint" :rofl: Pak-FA program. Indian observers have yet to be invited to any Pak-FA test flights. The Russians sure respect their Indian "co-developers" alright.

And the AMCA remains a crude plastic desktop model while HAL scientists struggle in vain to figure out why the LCA resembles the retarded offspring of a Mig-21 and a crop duster.
Hehe... Well said!

Will it have a chinne made engine or you Will still be begging Russia for its engines?

Most Chinese 4th gen planes (J-10s, J-15s, etc) are being upgraded with Chinese WS-10 engines. The J-20 will eventually be powered by WS-15s which are under development. Meanwhile the "Indian Kaveri" (actually American designed and Indian assembled) was somehow screwed up by India so much that it can only power target drones. Even though the Americans literally laid out how to build it.

Any other questions? :agree:

I bet J-20 will not come into production line by 2015... it might be around 2018-2019 time frame...

I bet J-20 will not come into production line by 2015... it might be around 2018-2019 time frame...

I think 2016. How many more protos?

Back
Top Bottom