What's new

China's navy no longer so inferior to Japan's, experts say

J-7 alone is enough to take out pretty much the entire Japanese Airforce. J-7 fires the advanced missiles in the PLA and quantity will always trump quality.

J-7 is just one fighter type out of many.

How many aircrafts in PLAAF ? without thousand of J-7, J-8, CJ-6 ...
cnleio once tell me China has several helicopter too, how many? few hundred ? 1 thousand ?
No/

A number FYI : Vietnam shot down/damage at least 8000 US helicopters during wartime.

How many aircrafts in PLAAF ? without thousand of J-7, J-8, CJ-6 ...
cnleio once tell me China has several helicopter too, how many? few hundred ? 1 thousand ?
No/

A number FYI : Vietnam shot down/damage at least 8000 US helicopters during wartime.
In 2010 alone, it is estimated we have over 560 modern fighters (j-10, Su-27, Su-30, J-11, etc) These are just in 2010 alone. 4 years later, I think we add 200 more. So that is around 700. This number pale in comparison to the US but twice as large as Japan modern aircraft. Though, this number is not important. We can chunk out as much aircraft in the fastest possible production during war time. Think about 1.3 billion people with the best industrial capacity.

In 2010 alone, it is estimated we have over 560 modern fighters (j-10, Su-27, Su-30, J-11, etc) These are just in 2010 alone. 4 years later, I think we add 200 more. So that is around 700. This number pale in comparison to the US but twice as large as Japan modern aircraft. Though, this number is not important. We can chunk out as much aircraft in the fastest possible production during war time. Think about 1.3 billion people with the best industrial capacity.

Exactly, we have the largest manufacturing base in the world.

With this kind of manufacturing infrastructure, we can produce unlimited amounts of our weapons platforms during wartime.

can you classify your "think" into how many Su27, 30, ... ? Thanks.
btw, how many J15 you make before and after Liaoning commissioned ?

I wonder how many Type 055's we are going to have by then. :smitten:

And Chinese Taipei will certainly be a fantastic asset for power projection beyond the first island chain.

Absolutely, instead from Hainan, our ships stationed in TW can easily project power within a certain time frame. There's no need to worry about VN or the Pinoys in case Japan and China are engaging in a naval battle. Thus i see TW as a very important strategic asset which we must have.

In 2010 alone, it is estimated we have over 560 modern fighters (j-10, Su-27, Su-30, J-11, etc) These are just in 2010 alone. 4 years later, I think we add 200 more. So that is around 700. This number pale in comparison to the US but twice as large of the Japan modern aircraft. Though, this number is not important. We can chunk out as much aircraft in the fastest possible production during war time. Think about 1.3 billion people with the best industrial capacity.

Quantity , my friend, does not correlate with quality. Any military personnel here will know that a nation must train fighter pilots through extensive flight hours, which helps in molding combat preparedness and readiness. This takes years.

The number of aircraft ready , alone, does not mean qualitative performance skills. Training regimen, in this case is critical.

Absolutely, instead from Hainan, our ships stationed in TW can easily project power within a certain time frame. There's no need to worry about VN or the Pinoys in case Japan and China are engaging in a naval battle. Thus i see TW as a very important strategic asset which we must have.

As it stands, Taiwan is not under PRC control. Thus it cannot be part of PRC strategic calculus.

I think we can turn quite a lot of number of J-7 into drones, after firing the missiles then use kamikaze tactics to ram these babies into Japanese ships :azn:, WW2 style

Unfortunately, due to the precision of our systems, most , if not the majority, will be picked out before it makes landfall.

Exactly, we have the largest manufacturing base in the world.

With this kind of manufacturing infrastructure, we can produce unlimited amounts of our weapons platforms during wartime.
This is what the world don't understand. They only look at our current inventory and think we are paper tiger. What they don't understand is our real capability during wartime. Like the US in WWII, the real monster shows itself during war time. I hate our enemy having to fight against us. Even the US analysts predict the US "might, maybe" defeat us in the short term, but all this does is accelerating us to build even more lethal weapons in the future as our legacy aircraft is getting destroyed during war. Right now, we turn a lot of legacy aircraft into drone, instead of donating them to other poorer countries. We might donate but we are more interest in turning and testing J-7 drone.

I think we can turn quite a lot of number of J-7 into drones, after firing the missiles then use kamikaze tactics to ram these babies into Japanese ships :azn:, WW2 style

One thing about drone warfare, is that we won't have to lose pilots.

So we can launch as many advanced drones as our manufacturing base is capable of manufacturing. Which is essentially infinite, in that no other country can match our production capability.

Quantity , my friend, does not correlate with quality. Any military personnel here will know that a nation must train fighter pilots through extensive flight hours, which helps in molding combat preparedness and readiness. This takes years.

The number of aircraft ready , alone, does not mean qualitative performance skills. Training regimen, in this case is critical.

As it stands, Taiwan is not under PRC control. Thus it cannot be part of PRC strategic calculus.

Unfortunately, due to the precision of our systems, most , if not the majority, will be picked out before it makes landfall.
how do you know your pilots don't more extensive flight hours than your pilots do? You don't think we have twice as much modern aircraft as you do is just sitting there and does nothing? Every hours, there is flight testing and drill. Like I said, people always said our force suck but in international training and competition, our force always won just like the math/physics Olympics. LOL The only thing we lack is real war experience because we are non-interventionist. You, my friend, didn't fight a real war since the end of WWII.

To tell you the truth, in land combat, nobody can defeat us.
One thing about drone warfare, is that we won't have to lose pilots.

So we can launch as many advanced drones as our manufacturing base is capable of manufacturing. Which is essentially infinite, in that no other country can match our production capability.
The US is the only real worthy opponent that can fight us and keep up with us. No one else really has the capacity to deal with the size and production capability like we do.

how do you know your pilots don't more extensive flight hours than your pilots do? You don't think we have twice as much modern aircraft as you do is just sitting there and does nothing? Every hours, there is flight testing and drill. Like I said, people always said our force suck but in international training and competition, our force always won just like the math/physics Olympics. LOL The only thing we lack is real war experience because we are non-interventionist. You, my friend, didn't fight a real war since the end of WWII.

We base our training regimen with comparative training modules with USAF, and key partners such as RAF. Japan may have not fought any wars since WWII , but we have maintained an extensive training regimen for all segments of the Defense Force. I can say that we hold our standard even higher than some of our partners. In regards to the Chinese counterpart, I am sure they are doing the best that they can. Which should be applauded.

We've heard it many times before, China hasn't fought a war in 30 yrs so we have lost it. Now what about Japan? :cuckoo: strange logic

The US is the only real worthy opponent that can fight us and keep up with us. No one else really has the capacity to deal with the size and production capacity like we do.

In a war scenario, production is influenced by supplies and resources. Steel, for example, and petroleum, all key resources that China imports, would be limited in the event of a naval blockade.

The United States' was different in regards to her production capability because during WWII, she had / has an abundance of said resources. The United States was a net exporter of natural resources.

This is a dichotomy between China, because China is a net importer of said resources. This is the very reason China has vested mining investments in Africa, Australia to secure said resources. In fact, China is a net importer of scrap metal. This reiterates, as i have mentioned, her dependence on imports.

Back
Top Bottom