What's new

China's motorized troops will reach New Delhi within 48 hours if a war breaks out: China TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to see you back brother. Big fan of yours.

lol, I am not back, I just have some free time so I hang out here again, but then I am going in 2 to 3 days in prepare for my school work again..........

Thought this topic is banned over in Chinese Forum for its stupidity. Now it's resurreted here?? lol.

In reality, it's IMPOSSIBLE to roll all the way to India from China in 48 hours even with mobile corps.

You may think it's just 300km, if I drive 60k/h, which is highway speed, I would have reach it in 5 hours. But in war, you don't drivelike you are cruising in a sport car.

Driving a car curising around and driving a tank in a column getting fired at all along the way is different. There are a lot of issue one have to consider, from logistic, supporting element, roadblock, damage repair (both your unit and infrastructure) and traffic jam. In war, 4 miles (about 7 KM) an hour is actually quite impressive.

In reality, most Airborne/Armored operation take way longer than 48 hours, the cloest one is operation Market Garden, for which XVIII AIrborne Corp and XXX Armored Corp took 8 days (192 hours) to cover 90 km from Belgium into Arnhem. In a peer to peer situation with restricted road access, you will probably get 1 KM per hour. In this case, it's 400 meters per day hour.

for a Peer/Non-Peer situation, the US 3ID took 18 days to ride all the way from Kuwait to Baghdad, that's about 550KM, so it averaged about 1.27 KM per day hour.

Also, Airborne force is considered a light force, you can of course drop 20,000 airborne troop into India in 10 hours (given they are not going to be shot down) but without support, they will probably just going to be slaughtered and killed.

THe only way Chinese troop can reach India in 48 hours is as if they all applied visa and travel by car or train, otherwise it's kind of a pipedream to think the troop can reach that far that quick.

Chinese military guys will go back once they find their supply lines are cutoff across the Himalayas, which will eventually happen when they try any misadventure.

It is just their media boasting the capability which China do not have.

Chinese military guys will go back once they find their supply lines are cutoff across the Himalayas, which will eventually happen when they try any misadventure.

It is just their media boasting the capability which China do not have.

it's more about what we called "battle(field) condition"

Basically, in miltiary science, it's a matrix of 4 factors.

-Logistic
-Unit Cohesion
-Enemy Resistence
-Operational Parameter

The 4 factors which have an affect (both adverse and vital) on battlefield performance.

In the simpliest term, not trying to bore anyone to death, this means.

Logistic - How far you can go to have your unit constantly supported?
Unit Cohesion - How good one unit operate with another? Is it Combat effective or Combat Ineffective?
Enemy Resistence - How much resistence did your enemy offer to defend any stretch of land?
-Operational Parameter - basically every other data regarding the movement, condition and schedule (ie did you need to meet/link up other unit at certain point?)

It's simply not get in a tank and just drive........Yes, a tank can go offroad 45km/h, 300 Km would mean 6 hours or so, if you totally ignore the battlefield condition......

I don't think any serious analysis of a conventional war without external intervention (unlikely) would conclude a victory for anyone other than China.

Unlike the Indo-Pak border though the China-Indian border is not fertile plains and flat deserts. It does not appear conducive for attack and I imagine logistics would be difficult for any aggressor. Only the use of n-weapons would make sense - and with that all bets are off.

But I hope some advisor to Xi and the party brass realise that a liberal use of threats, jingoism and warnings only works in the short term. In the long term it fosters distrust, insularity and mutual losses - just look at India-Pak (and at least India-Pak state of affairs is a longstanding and current political and military problem. With India - and the dozen other countries whom China regularly threatens there are hardly any compelling reasons for such a belligerent stance and this kind of behaviour will eventually yield diminishing returns.

This is a fake news. The twitter account "The Int'l Spectator" said China's State TV said 48hours to Delhi or something similar in its program. However, I checked the military news or programs of China's Central Television in the past half year, none of them mentioned anything similar, or even close.

Why we spend so much time on a fake news from twitter? hard to understand.

Even the Air Force referenced this...

Sometimes I wonder if the dearth of real Chinese military members in this forum is because they are too embarrassed to be associated -- even if only virtually -- with the Chinese members in this forum.

lol, this is very true

mechanized and armored forces stand still between 90 and 99 percent of the time

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/chinas-recent-most-powerful-threat-to-india.472780/page-3#ixzz4W725lBTE

When I was still in the Cavalry, we are stationary almost all the time, either it's because we either need to wait for infantry support, or have to repair or reload anything, or simply waiting on orders. I thought to my self all the time, aren't we supposed to be a rapid deployment force?

People have experience will knw this, the bigger the target you are, the more assurance you want before you move, meaning, the bigger you are, the more of a target you present, and which mean you are more tend to want to make sure you am not going into any sort of hairy situation before you move. Hence, as a result, you are stationary all the time....

lol. I think anyone with a sane military knowledge will not comment too much on the Chinese so called ""Military Expert" on or off PDF....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom