What's new

China's Ghost Cities

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are 7,000 banks, bank holding company and thrifts in the US. Having one red dot on the west coast doesn't really mean Finacle is powering the US banking system. One out of 7,000 means nothing. It's probably some Indian subsidiary. Bank of China is in New York. They are probably using some Chinese software like Finacle too. Does that mean Chinese financial software is powering the US banking industry ??? No, it doesn't. Busted.

I just knew you that you will be compelled to go down this slippery slope more and more.

Now, don't talk about things you know little about, at least don't try to sound so sure.

You showed the same mentality on the other thread when you said there is not a single Indian building of note.

Just goes to show the really limited and challenged persona. Let not your perceptions take control of your ability to see facts.

Just adding my 2 cents,

I'm a Business developer for a major investment bank and we have never heard of Finacle but this is not to say its not successful but I believe its a consumer bank application and not designed for investment bank systems. It appears Finacle's customers are primarily consumer banks and not investment banks or Wealth management companies.

The Bank and many bank like mine i.e UBS, Barclays, RBS etc use legacy system (IBM mainframe applications) which have been bolted on with various subsystems. A few other notable companies which do supply investment banks are Temenos, Smartstream etc.

Currently we are redesigning the system to away from the legacy system but are no means going to another vendor, our system is in house built from ground up (similar to what other banks are doing). This done not because we cannot find a vendor to do so but because most vendors charge exorbitant fees for changes, usage, maintained etc and our systems are very complex with direct connections to stock market exchanges and custodians around the world so once its in place it will be in use for a good 10 - 15 years, lesson learnt reliance on a software vendor is not a good long term bet for the bank.

In short I believe Aramsogo has not come across this software mainly because he works with an investment bank and not a consumer bank and might never will, any good investment bank with foresight will always try to develop their own systems.

Other reason why we choose certain software are also pending on the market cap of the company in case we need to sue if the system has gone down during market hours, it has happened and our losses amount to millions by the minute.

Yes, no issues with what you mention. I am not sure if there are any shrink wrapped products for the investment banks or if Indian products cater to them.

In short I believe Aramsogo has not come across this software mainly because he works with an investment bank and not a consumer bank and might never will, any good investment bank with foresight will always try to develop their own systems.

That is fine. He should have just avoided making those tall claims that were based on little knowledge. At the very least, he could have avoided trying to sound so sure when he clearly lacked facts.

Look what else JayAtl has learned. :D

He has gone from insulting our mothers, to even insulting our ancestors...
what lies - i've been told they are harmless jaunts... i dont have a clue what they mean - but apparently its getting under your skins.:) ... Ni lao ma shi ge da wang ba

^^ apparently it is some humorous stuff because you are showing you teeth and smiling hard at it..

Kang bashi,Inner Mongolia .really creepy

10080196_991525.jpg

10080221_999996.jpg

10080222_542369.jpg

10080198_530751.jpg

12794358880930304-2037727166.jpg

12794447858916304-402975062.jpg

China issues new rules on real estate agents
BEIJING -- China issued new regulations to regulate real estate brokerage practices, said a statement Tuesday.

The statement, released jointly by the Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Development, the National Development and Reform Commission, and the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security, said the regulations will be put into effect on April 1, 2011.

The move is part of the State Council's efforts to rein in China's sizzling property market, according to the statement.

The regulations provide detailed guidance regarding the operations of real estate agents, the realtors' behavior, as well as list prohibitions when conducting business, said the statement.

I actually don't understand why is this such a problem. The city looks beautiful. In Canada if you go out of the major cities, you can easily take pictures like this with not a single person as far as your eye can see with seemingly well maintained empty buildings. Its just odd looking in China since we are used to see armies of people everywhere.

It is beautiful! Just that there are a bunch of sour grapes China bashers going around lately. Sorry folks, like I said before, it's a China centuries all the way till the 23rd century or more.:china:

It is beautiful! Just that there are a bunch of sour grapes China bashers going around lately. Sorry folks, like I said before, it's a China centuries all the way till the 23rd century or more.:china:

Darn - so realistically, a good dawn is possible only in the 24th century? What a shame.

Overheated real estate and no slum tours - but there are always pics -

lu-guang-pollution-in-china-07.jpg

You know exactly what they mean.

And now you are back to insulting our mothers. :D

He's not Indian. No Indian that hates China as much as he does knows Chinese. Instead, I think he's a wheelie hiding in the US, being paid 50 cents by the CIA, pretending to be Indian.

Note how he dodges questions to speak Hindi, Bengali, Tamil, Urdu or any other Indian language! It's amazing how he knows more CHINESE than INDIAN LANGUAGES!

He only knows a few chinese and he keep repeating them. Most likely he knows some chinese who teaches him.

Don't think he is a wheelie, if FLG is what you are implying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom