What's new

China's carriers may carry modified J-20 stealth fighter

I think the F-14 was a bit longer than the F-15, and the F-14 fitted well on the US super carriers. Both the F-15 and F-14 are around 62 feet long. The F-14 is a lot more massive than the F-15.

I think the Su-27 derivative, Sukhoi Su-33, has been operating on Russia's sole aircraft carrier, Admiral Kuznetsov, for well over a decade now. The Su-27 and its derivatives are around 72 feet long.

I think the J-20 is around 67 feet long. I don't think the J-20 is longer than the Su-27.

I think the F-14 was a bit longer than the F-15, and the F-14 fitted well on the US super carriers. Both the F-15 and F-14 are around 62 feet long. The F-14 is a lot more massive than the F-15.

I think the Su-27 derivative, Sukhoi Su-33, has been operating on Russia's sole aircraft carrier, Admiral Kuznetsov, for well over a decade now. The Su-27 and its derivatives are around 72 feet long.

I think the J-20 is around 67 feet long. I don't think the J-20 is longer than the Su-27.

Its not the question of size. But the aircraft's ability to land and takeoff without destroying the landing gear.

Its not the question of size. But the aircraft's ability to land and takeoff without destroying the landing gear.

Yeah, I'm also aware of that. The Su-27 was modified to land and takeoff on aircraft carriers. The Dassault Rafale has a variant to land and takeoff on aircraft carriers. I think the J-20 could be modified to do the same.

It's even more complicated than that. It has to be able to handle a constant spray of salt water that can come over the deck.

I think this is why Russia never put their carrier out to sea for a long stretch of time. I bet the salt wreaked havoc on their planes.

Last edited:
One has to love the farmer logic given in the OP.

J-31 will be carrier fighter.

Last edited:
J-31 will be a better choice for a carrier fighter. Smaller and lighter aircraft (more room) and potentially greater room for modifications. The front landing gear also appears to be designed with carrier use in mind.

As a matter of fact J-15 designer Sun Cong claimed in a previous interview that the next gen. carrier fighter may be based off the J-31.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom