What's new

China's carriers may carry modified J-20 stealth fighter

The Huskar

Reaction score
Country
India
0b759f04dd82fbd1322bc3f04feb8aaf.jpg

China is likely to complete the construction of its second and third aircraft carriers with the ability to carry J-20 fifth-generation stealth fighters, although a carrier-friendly model may need to be designed first, reports the PLA-run China National Defense News.

China's domestic aircraft carriers will look very similar to the Liaoning, the country's first aircraft carrier bought from Ukraine and refitted. They are most likely to be equipped with a ski-jump ramp, said Admiral Jonathan W Greenert, the US chief of naval operations. The displacement of each vessel will be somewhere between 65,000 and 70,000 tons.

The PLA Navy is planning to form two composite air hangar decks, with 50 fighters for each carrier. However, the design of the Chengdu J-20 is currently too large to be deployed aboard the Liaoning, according to the report. Domestic carrier versions will have to be larger to accommodate them, putting them at an estimated 80,000 tons. Furthermore, they may use a steam catapult or electromagnetic aircraft launch system.

The current J-20 prototype lacks the design specs necessary to take off from a carrier. The length of the first domestically built aircraft carrier may be be longer than the Liaoning by an estimated 20 meters but a new version of the J-20 will have to be designed in any case to be more like the more compact J-15. China's new carrier wing may come equipped with 25 J-15Bs and 25 J-20s.

Once completed, further carriers will greatly increase China's force projection capability into the Western Pacific and Indian oceans.

Very nice Photochopped picture. Keep it up and the Chinese will believe it.

J-20 is about the same size as the F-15 Strike Eagle which is a gigantic aircraft. Although US Navy was amazed with F-15s performance, it couldn't have been adopted as a carrier base aircraft due to its size. The US Navy did appraise the F-15 but then settled for the F/A-18 Hornet which is much suitable for carrier applications. Similarly, i am of the opinion that the Chinese CBGs will be formed with J-31s rather than the J-20s. I have seen both the F-15s and F/A-18s - the later was an obvious choice for CBGs.

J-20 is about the same size as the F-15 Strike Eagle which is a gigantic aircraft. Although US Navy was amazed with F-15s performance, it couldn't have been adopted as a carrier base aircraft due to its size. The US Navy did appraise the F-15 but then settled for the F/A-18 Hornet which is much suitable for carrier applications. Similarly, i am of the opinion that the Chinese CBGs will be formed with J-31s rather than the J-20s. I have seen both the F-15s and F/A-18s - the later was an obvious choice for CBGs.

The A-3 was much larger than the F-15.

e3d91298c4cbd2775a71152e6daba576.jpeg

which one of us did believe it, you got some weird ideas on what we believe.
When the J-20 debuted, there were a lot of claims about the jet that defied the laws of physics, and all of the Chinese members on this forum, some of them still active today, believed them blindly. A lot of honest people were confused. They figured that if a Chinese said something, it must be true. The Chinese group here misled people on the technical aspects of the aircraft. It took me months to comprehensively debunked all those absurd claims.

Bottom line...When it comes to the PLA, you guys will believe anything.

When the J-20 debuted, there were a lot of claims about the jet that defied the laws of physics, and all of the Chinese members on this forum, some of them still active today, believed them blindly. A lot of honest people were confused. They figured that if a Chinese said something, it must be true. The Chinese group here misled people on the technical aspects of the aircraft. It took me months to comprehensively debunked all those absurd claims.

Bottom line...When it comes to the PLA, you guys will believe anything.
Don't generalise everything. You can see most of the Chinese former are rational. As for you , you will believe everything US say. Like how you believe saddam Hussein possess weapon of mass destruction. You just come here for the sake of China bashing and nothing. You are simply jealous of rise of China becos Vietnam is such a useless country that there is nothing to brag. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom