What's new

China's aircraft-carrier

This is based on Varyaag or its a New design from Scratch ??
And What Fighters will be places here ?

I believe our carrier design will be somewhere inbetween the Varyaag and USS Enterprise. As far as I know, we are building more than one (two are minimum, possible as many as 4), and they are near completion. Some companies I know of are making the parts, though the assembly site is secret and I don't know where it is. Some people told me that they are being built inside hollowed mountains to avoid U.S detection. I think the tonnage will be somewhere between 60,000 and 80,000, not quite the biggest but definitely able to pose a significant presence in South China sea.

As far as fighters go, initially I think it will be limited Su-33s and JH-7s. But in a few years I expect to see more J-10C or J-11C. The key is that J-10 needs to converted to a two engine plane, and the J-11 needs to shrink a bit. However, with Su-33 as sample, this shouldn't be too hard. I expect 5 years at most.

I also believe that at least one will be nuclear powered. Our nuclear submarine technology is now very mature and applying to carrier seems logical.

Varyaag will be used only for "studying".

So far I know, the parts are started. Special steels are ready. Show up at around 2016. 60k ton. 50 new-design aircraft.

I prefer nuclear. Not sure.

Last edited:
I believe our carrier design will be somewhere inbetween the Varyaag and USS Enterprise. As far as I know, we are building more than one (two are minimum, possible as many as 4), and they are near completion. Some companies I know of are making the parts, though the assembly site is secret and I don't know where it is. Some people told me that they are being built inside hollowed mountains to avoid U.S detection. I think the tonnage will be somewhere between 60,000 and 80,000, not quite the biggest but definitely able to pose a significant presence in South China sea.

As far as fighters go, initially I think it will be limited Su-33s and JH-7s. But in a few years I expect to see more J-10C or J-11C. The key is that J-10 needs to converted to a two engine plane, and the J-11 needs to shrink a bit. However, with Su-33 as sample, this shouldn't be too hard. I expect 5 years at most.

I also believe that at least one will be nuclear powered. Our nuclear submarine technology is now very mature and applying to carrier seems logical.

can you provide link

Chinese aircraft-carrier by 2015

Even as the delivery schedule of the Gorshkov aircraft carrier for the Indian Navy remains uncertain, China is likely to have its first operational aircraft carrier by 2015, a top US Admiral in charge of the US Pacific Command (PACOM) has said.

“I think they are making a strong effort to advance the idea of making an aircraft carrier operational between now and 2015,” said Admiral Robert F Willard, whose area of responsibility covers both the Chinese and Indian Navies.

However, the officer said aircraft carrier operations would require a lot of training and effort. “I may tell you that aircraft carrier operations are very expensive and complex and require a great deal of training and dedication. The Chinese are stating that intent,” said Admiral Willard, who is on a two day visit to India.

India, on its part, believes the first Chinese aircraft carrier could be launched as early as 2012 but would be a ‘basic platform’ that would only be used for training purposes. As reported by this newspaper in April, China moved the defunct ‘Varyag’ aircraft carrier that is purchased as scrap from Ukraine to a new location near the Dalian shipyard where it is likely to be refurbished.

here is the link

US Admiral: China to have first aircraft carrier by ’15

:victory: :china:

China deserves to be a great nations that it already is nation of brave people , and great honor and friendship

I hope they make 10 Carriers with their vast amount of national reserves , one day making Great CHINA a reality and true heir of Asia

Just , I am amazed at the vision , the dedication of peoples republic of china wonder ful even Obama had to learn from Chinese how to solve financial crisis

Any ideas on the displacement for Chinese AC vessel. How many aircrafts is it going to hold?

I hope that China is not using the aircraft carries against the USN and Taiwan because they all would be sunk in the first engagement. The aircraft carriers are probably going to operate in Indian ocean to keep China's and east Asia's oil lane open. They would also be helpful against the Samali pirates.

China deserves to be a great nations that it already is nation of brave people , and great honor and friendship

I hope they make 10 Carriers with their vast amount of national reserves , one day making Great CHINA a reality and true heir of Asia

Just , I am amazed at the vision , the dedication of peoples republic of china wonder ful even Obama had to learn from Chinese how to solve financial crisis

self deletion.....discussion moved to another thread

I hope that China is not using the aircraft carries against the USN and Taiwan because they all would be sunk in the first engagement. The aircraft carriers are probably going to operate in Indian ocean to keep China's and east Asia's oil lane open. They would also be helpful against the Samali pirates.

CHINESE AIRCRAFT CARRIERS I DONT THINK THEY WILL GO BEYOND TAIWAN STRAIT BEFORE THEY GAIN ENOUGH STRENGTH IN TERMS OF NUMBER AND QUALITY COMPARABLE TO USN.....THEY CURRENTLY JUST WANT TO DEVELOP THEIR VITAL ECONOMY AND NOT HURRILY CLAIM THEMSELVES AS A HEGEMONIC POWER IN THE WORLD FOR THE TIME BEING.......

AND ALSO ANY MISADVENTURE BY USN AIRCRAFT CARRIER INTO CHINESE ICBM OR ANTI SHIP MISSILE RANGE OF ACCURACY FOR THE TIME BEING WOULD SURELY BE SUNK WITHOUT A DOUBT AS YOU KNOW CHINESE NAVY IS QUITE SOFT AND WEAK BUT YOU CANNOT NEGLECT THE USN VULNERABILITY IN FRONT OF PREPARED MASSIVE VOLLEYS OF ACCURATE MISSILES FIRED FROM THE CONTINENT CONSTANTLY WITHOUT STOP AND YOUR FLYING AIRCRAFTS CANNOT GO DEEP INTO CHINA AS THE RANGE OF MISSILES HAS CONFINED YOUR OPERATIONAL RANGE.....USA AIRCRAFT CARRIER CAN BE A REAL BIG FLOATING COFFIN IF IT MISENTERS THE REGION OF STATIONARY ATTACK SUBMARINES AMBUSHING WITHIN.....

Great news.congrats china..!,and dont forget to make one for us too:P

Back
Top Bottom