What's new

China Won’t ‘Sit With Arms Crossed’ If India Sells Missiles To Vietnam: Chinese Media

India including Pakistan has the right to sell arms to any country including Vietnam
Willing BUYER and SELLER exists go hear.

Republic of India is member of MTCR and any deal would be under MTCR.

By that definition, any MTCR member can export any weapon falling under definition of MTCR to any country. Just asking for the knowledge.

By that definition, any MTCR member can export any weapon falling under definition of MTCR to any country. Just asking for the knowledge.

Its on the Indian Establishment to sell defense equipment by keeping the national interest.

Its on the Indian Establishment to sell defense equipment by keeping the national interest.

My query was related to what you mentioned in your previous post as follows. Furthermore, can a country break the law or can go against the rules of MTCR for merely keeping the national interest. ?

I repeat: By that definition, any MTCR member can export any weapon falling under definition of MTCR to any country. ?

My query was related to what you mentioned in your previous post as follows. Furthermore, can a country break the law or can go against the rules of MTCR for merely keeping the national interest. ?

I repeat: By that definition, any MTCR member can export any weapon falling under definition of MTCR to any country. ?

Republic of India is not involved in missile proliferation and infact Akash air defenses can be exported to those nations only with whom Indian foreign policy is related. And then the issue is about maintainence crew which will be Indian.

Category I items include complete rocket and unmanned aerial vehicle systems (including ballistic missiles, space launch vehicles, sounding rockets, cruise missiles, target drones, and reconnaissance drones), capable of delivering a payload of at least 500 kg to a range of at least 300 km, their major complete subsystems (such as rocket stages, engines, guidance sets, and re-entry vehicles), and related software and technology, as well as specially designed production facilities for these items. Pursuant to the MTCR Guidelines, exports of Category I items are subject to an unconditional strong presumption of denial regardless of the purpose of the export and are licensed for export only on rare occasions. Additionally, exports of production facilities for Category I items are prohibited absolutely.

Pursuant to the MTCR Guidelines, exports of Category I items are subject to an unconditional strong presumption of denial regardless of the purpose of the export and are licensed for export only on rare occasions.

So not the weapon falling under MTCR definition, if I am not wrong.

So MTCR members can sell weapons that falls under MTCR to any country due to the national interest.

So MTCR members can sell weapons that falls under MTCR to any country due to the national interest.

Republic of India is weapons producing nation and Indian defense equipment is sold by keeping in mind the larger regional and global national interest of the Indian nation by the Indian Establishment.

Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar at the Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit on Thursday.

Pointing to the proposed sale of “Akash” surface-to-air missiles to Vietnam, Parrikar said, “There is a strange mindset. For example the Akash exports, there was a thinking that how can we give our technology to a third country.”

Republic of India is weapons producing nation and Indian defense equipment is sold by keeping in mind the larger regional and global national interest of the Indian nation by the Indian Establishment.

I have been continuously asking for MTCR restrictions w.r.t. export..... National Interest is priority for every country in this world.

Read as follows:

What MTCR does:
"to restrict their exports of missiles and related technologies capable of carrying a 500-kilogram payload at least 300 kilometers or delivering any type of weapon of mass destruction."

How the MTCR Works

Each MTCR member is supposed to establish national export control policies for ballistic missiles, cruise missiles, unmanned aerial vehicles, space launch vehicles, drones, remotely piloted vehicles, sounding rockets, and underlying components and technologies that appear on the regime's Material and Technology Annex. Members can add items to or subtract them from the annex through consensus decisions.

The annex is divided into two separate groupings of items, Category I and Category II. Category I includes complete missiles and rockets, major sub-systems, and production facilities. Specialized materials, technologies, propellants, and sub-components for missiles and rockets comprise Category II.

Potential exports of Category I and II items are to be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Approval for Category I exports is supposed to be rare. The regime's guidelines, which set out criteria for weighing possible exports, instruct members that "there will be a strong presumption to deny" Category I transfers. No exports of production facilities are to be authorized. MTCR restrictions for Category II exports are less severe, largely because many items in the category also have civilian uses. Members, however, are still asked to exercise caution in making such deals. No member can veto another's exports.

The MTCR identifies five factors that members should take into account when evaluating a possible export of controlled items:

• Whether the intended recipient is pursuing or has ambitions for acquiring weapons of mass destruction;
  • The purposes and capabilities of the intended recipient's missile and space programs;
  • The potential contribution the proposed transfer could make to the intended recipient's development of delivery systems for weapons of mass destruction;
  • The credibility of the intended recipient's stated purpose for the purchase; and
  • Whether the potential transfer conflicts with any multilateral treaty.

So either India exports Non-MTCR weapon or violate the law.

Hey that should be our line .

If you keep arming Pakistan , we will not sit cross legged :enjoy:

Hey that should be our line .

If you keep arming Pakistan , we will not sit cross legged :enjoy:

According to reports , Chinese advisors are there in Azad Kashmir

I think if Indian establishment decides to sell Akash air defenses to Vietnam than even Indian Military personnels have to be deployed in Vietnam . Its on Indian establishment to decide by keeping in mind what is best in national interest.

http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/su...es-chinese-troops-in-Azad Kashmir/243608.html
Varying reports have assessed the number of Chinese troops in Azad Kashmir to be up to 5,000. They have also been spotted along the LoC. Since some of these projects are sponsored by the Chinese, their presence in Azad Kashmir is expected to be a long-term or permanent affair.

A recent report by the Pentagon warns that China has increased defence capabilities and deployed more troops along the Indian border. The report also talks of increased Chinese military presence, including bases, in various parts of the world, particularly Pakistan. At the same time, Pakistani too has ramped up military deployment along the LoC in the Kargil sector.

Last edited:
Did India sell it?
Vietnam is yet to reaspond to offer (though India has transferred already $500 millions military aid to them).
Vietnam buys from India or from elsewhere now from this, the sole purpose of government was to troll Global Times author, and look he is trolled.:rolleyes:

China should give Pakistan Cruise Missile Frigates and Destroyers. Also time Pakistan leases some 2 to 3 Type 95 from China. Also China should do aggressive diplomacy and make Bangladesh a strategic ally and than equip there Armed Forces specially Air Force. J-10 C and J-11 series should be given to Bangladesh.
You missed Sri Lanka, Nepal and Maldives....i wonder why :disagree:

Back
Top Bottom