What's new

China will receive 91pc revenues from Gwadar port for 40 years

I found out it‘s a Pak-Singaporean contract,and China just took over the deal on the same terms. Nothing was changed. No more no less!Ten years already passed.

By definition of BOT Pakistan shouldn’t get a penny out of it!

I found out it‘s a Pak-Singaporean contract,and China just took over the deal on the same terms. Nothing was changed. No more no less!Ten years already passed.

By definition of BOT Pakistan shouldn’t get a penny out of it!
I see. Then its a good deal then.

100% infrastructure building cost is on Chinese with no loan debt by Pakistan and yet they still get 9%. I feel it is Chinese get robbed. What do you think?

Pakistan is so lucky to have a great friend of China who still manage to give you 9% for such deal. If it's American and Indian. They will ask Pakistan to finance 50% of the infrastructure and still got the cheek to ask for 100% port fee all on themselves. :enjoy:

It is becos it's Pakistan. China still give you 9%, if it's other countries. They will not even get a single % since all building fee is fork out by Chinese.

i was just joking mate. we are iron brothers.i was calculating how much we get from this project.you know pakistani economy is so bad right now.

Hypothetical scenario:

Let's say I have 60+ acres of Land in Canada. It is located in the heart of the Logging industry but it is still under-developed and has poor connectivity and infrastructure.

I have a friend who's company expertise's in the Logging industry who agrees to lease the land from me for certain amount of time to build, manage etc all the sufficient requirements to get the land producing goods. I sign an agreement with him and will get the land back from him after 20 years with everything built up. Within that time-frame however, he agrees to provide me with 9% of all profits from this land.

From my point of view, this is a brilliant scenario to find myself in. A piece of land that is not producing any great revenue, is not connected and build up with infrastructure will get all that and I will not have to pay a penny on it. While at the moment, not only is it not giving me any profit, I am also having to pay maintenance costs/taxes etc nor do I have the capital to invest in this barren land.

In this situation, I will gladly take the 9% revenue. All day and every day. And I consider myself slightly business savvy. Have I been fooled by my friend?
It would be great if all terms of CPEC were made public.

You may want to compare CPEC with the Panama Canal project, whereby in exchange for the Canal Panama publicly yielded sovereignty over the Zone to the U.S. "in perpetuity" - which turned out to be 96 years: link

You may want to compare CPEC with the Panama Canal project, whereby in exchange for the Canal Panama publicly yielded sovereignty over the Zone to the U.S. "in perpetuity" - which turned out to be 96 years: link

Agreed. Plus, if there was a lot more transparency, there would be less people speculating and we would have full details on the benefits and any negatives of the deals being made.

Agreed. Plus, if there was a lot more transparency, there would be less people speculating and we would have full details on the benefits and any negatives of the deals being made.
@El Sidd and I speculated last month that speculation was the point of keeping things secret: those in on the secrets would know what properties to buy and what installations to build, well before anyone else did. A means to enrich the ruling party and its servitors.

@El Sidd and I speculated last month that speculation was the point of keeping things secret: those in on the secrets would know what properties to buy and what installations to build, well before anyone else did. A means to enrich the ruling party and its servitors.

its business. only a select few are benefiting that is why the outrage.
people are busy celebrating the looting

Why do you care if it was public...? It actually is if you look for it.

Well that's a rubbish return. I can't believe the idiots agreed to it. I accept that the Chinese are investing all the money, but we are providing the opportunity, it might not be 50:50 but it shouldn't be 91:09 either. It's not we fought off a load of opposition to win the contract - the only other alternative was Iran-Afghanistan (or Pakistan).

There were a load of other options, but like always they messed up the deal. It's not like the rest of CPEC is free either, we're going to be paying back loans for the infrastructure! This is what happens when you have the begging bowl out all the time.

Its for 40 years and Gwadar port will take long time to turn profit. Chinese are in loss for now and spending billions. If chinese company had same exact deal as Singapore one then 10 years already passed. Gwadar is difinetly must risky project taken by China yet...

Back
Top Bottom