What's new

China wants India to accept the new normal on LAC, move on to restore bilateral ties

Time will tell who will loose how much ..

It's finished now, get over it. They took your territory and have permanantly occupied it. Nothing you can do. Literally every written statement and speech will now be focused around Indians trying to save face. In the meantime they have forced you to spend much more on defence.

This was a massive failure of both defence and diplomacy. If you read the world's press they seem to think China bested you. Anyway, rest of the world has moved on, deal with it

I was really shocked when read the news that India even doesn't have the ready inventory to support a 15-day war. Is this a serious country with serious government and serious defense force? I really don't understand where their confidence comes from.
maybe from shiva?

I was really shocked when read the news that India even doesn't have the ready inventory to support a 15-day war. Is this a serious country with serious government and serious defense force? I really don't understand where their confidence comes from.
They have always been focused on Pakistan... probably this turn of event was very unexpected for them. I am actually very thankful of China for doing this.

Tough pill for India to swallow but definitely necessary ... it is a fait accompli. To be honest, India lost more in terms of territory and strategic objectives this year than in 1962. If they don't accept the Chinese demands, their fate will only worsen.
Tough pill for India to swallow but definitely necessary ... it is a fait accompli. To be honest, India lost more in terms of territory and strategic objectives this year than in 1962. If they don't accept the Chinese demands, their fate will only worsen.
o
indian dont care for chinese.

I am actually very thankful of China for doing this.
It's just a start. China's infra building in Ladakh or other border areas with India, is just a start.

I'm just wondering, create a new island in the sea, vs. improve the logistics conditions in high plateau, which task is more difficult?
1607938087908.png

1607938182770.png

In a functioning system there are forces which brings system to equilibrium..You acted and naturally system will act to maintain equilibrium ..If you can muster enough confidence to attack a nuclear force then it is not difficult to understand that they will go for all-out situation..

While India wants China to restore status quo ante of April 2020, Beijing apparently feels that Modi government will come to terms with the new normal on LAC and revive ties in the coming months and willy-nilly accept the rise of the Middle Kingdom.

This month, External Affairs Minister Subrahmanyam Jaishankar has made repeated public statements stating that the only way for restoring frozen India-China ties is to untangle the four friction points in East Ladakh by disengaging and de-escalating the military situation along the 1597 km Line of Actual Control (LAC).

The Chinese on their part are indicating that the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) has established a new normal in East Ladakh by transgression and India should move to restoring bilateral ties by accepting the new LAC. Beijing wants India and China to celebrate 70 years of establishment of bilateral ties and move to restore economic ties. That boundary dispute should be kept separate and resolution parallel to growth in economic ties has been the Chinese narrative since the days of Deng Xiaoping.

While the previous Indian regimes believed that being soft to the PLA on border was a sure recipe for a peaceful and tranquil LAC, this was taken a sign of weakness by the Beijing rulers who time and again tried to change the unresolved line from Shaksgam Valley in Karakoram to Kibithu in far east Arunachal Pradesh. Even junior diplomats from China heckled India for referring to Tibet and Xinjiang or on Indian leaders travelling to Arunachal Pradesh. Buddhism teacher and 14th Dalai Lama was called a terrorist by China but Pakistani Masood Azhar, a terrorist who has spilled the blood of hundreds in India, was a religious-political activist as Beijing blocked his designation as global terrorist no less than four times.

According this indian author, so basically peace only if on China's term.

no way ,
china will be forced to go back , otherwise india will occupy land on chinese side .

Aah but time has not been favorable to India has it now?

Indeed ... a homeless guy living under the bridge should not care about the daily activities of a multi-millionaire :D
Nothing is constant in time ..

I don't think India wants to be obliterated into ashes by a significantly stronger nuclear superpower. China may lose a couple of cities and suffer tens of millions dead, but all of India will be wiped out. Are you sure Aksai Chin and the 1000 square kilometers of territory you guys lost this summer is worth over 1 billion casualties? I didn't think so either.
with more than 150 nuclear bomb India has, it can do a slight more than expected damage that you think China will suffer.. Chinese have to decide whether possible destruction their cities are worth the risk they want to take for some land in frozen mountains ...

None the less, leaderships in both the countries are smarter than you and I, hence they are still negotiating ..

practically they already did just that declaring officially will take a little more time

Back
Top Bottom