What's new

China vs. India: Will the “contest of the 21st century” lead to war?

I disagree with the title itself. The 21 century contest is between Sino-Soviet alliance vs the US lead western alliance. India need to decide which side it want to join. And India can be a difference maker. However, to marginalize US and the western countries by making the 21st century a contest between China and India is just not realistic. US still has a lot of weight in the international diplomacy. As a matter in fact, the only superpower in the world today is still the United States. Not China nor India.

India will be with USA, it is forgone conclusion. If you look at the Indian elite and next generation of it, most of them are US educated or connected financially to USA or UK.

India is mature enough to conduct trade, and be China's tonto in G-20/Economic summits where there is an overlap of interests, Militarily and Strategically China and Russia are too damn close and clash with Indian sphere of influence.

India will be with USA, it is forgone conclusion. If you look at the Indian elite and next generation of it, most of them are US educated or connected financially to USA or UK.

India is mature enough to conduct trade, and be China's tonto in G-20/Economic summits where there is an overlap of interests, Militarily and Strategically China and Russia are too damn close and clash with Indian sphere of influence.

Thank you for your common sense response. I totally agree that India will draw closer and closer to US and the western alliance. So much so that Russia might not trust India to even share T-50 with India by the time its ready. Or it will provide only water down version technology to India. India must have close connection to the West just in case Russia stiff India one more time.

US do have economic troubles. But compare with India, I'm certain US is ahead.

No doubt about what you said but will their economic troubles be over by 2022 provided troop pullout goes on as per schedule

No doubt about what you said but will their economic troubles be over by 2022 provided troop pullout goes on as per schedule

If Obama has 4 more years. 2022 won't be long enough . But if Ron Paul take over, it would transform the economy.

Thank you for your common sense response. I totally agree that India will draw closer and closer to US and the western alliance. So much so that Russia might not trust India to even share T-50 with India by the time its ready. Or it will provide only water down version technology to India. India must have close connection to the West just in case Russia stiff India one more time.
India isn't in US camp and never will be. What you currently see is the gradual defrosting of ties after the cold war. The United States doesn't gift India anything unlike Pakistan whom received special donations and loans on F-16 upgrades.
When the Russians offered India the Pak-Fa, they knew the Indians as much as them would keep it away from prying eyes and ears of NATO and China.
Russia and India currently have hundreds of small and major defence collabration projects from FMBT to the FFGA, propellents and rockets.
Even if India is no longer signatory to the USSR, India friendship pack, it is a nation that will not use its weapons against Russia.
The same can not be said of China. That is why Russia does not offer advanced weapons systems expecially of the offensive nature to China.

Not in first half of the century at least. Long way to go for India. My opinion.
We will go to war no later than 2015. China will make its move as soon as our heavy transport is deployed and railway infrastructure to Pakistan and Nepal are complete.

A war will involve the massive bombing of New Delhi and the separation of india into many states.

People her speak as if India would not retaliate and let missiles and jets fly freely over it's sky and Indian troops would be vacationing in timbuktu.

Good thing, the decision-makers in India and China don't think the way Indians and Chinese in the forum want them to think or the way they want things to happen.

I bet the Indian and Chinese leaders are far better than us.

what i see here in predictions and nothing more.

I can, comfortably, say there is no war in the offing. maybe not until the 4th decade of the century.

warmongers can always speculate about wars (even the very next day) on the INTERNET :P

We will go to war no later than 2015. China will make its move as soon as our heavy transport is deployed and railway infrastructure to Pakistan and Nepal are complete.

A war will involve the massive bombing of New Delhi and the separation of india into many states.

1. If you assume, you are just a b****
2. If you want to assume, assume your enemy is stronger than you.

Keep dreaming loser.

Bad luck that New Delhi is so close to the Chinese border.

More bad luck for 75% Chinese population as it is in range of U.S. Short range Missile system located in Japan and South Korea. Do remember, U.S. is 7,000 Km away from China.

BTW, what does it matter ?? 2,000 KM or 5,000 KM ?? A BM missile with 5 warhead can hit any location in China from India.

I hope China wins the game because winner will face U.S. in WW3. We don't want to become next super power as it will harm us more than advantage. Also, We don't have capability nor intention to become. We better concentrate on our country to improve our economy and social welfare with complete freedom in life.

Looks like, China has already planning war against U.S. and most of the Chinese has already started talking War against U.S. and that what U.S. also wants. Good Luck to China for Challenge against U.S. :tup:

World War III will a battlefield for U.S. and China?*|*China Military Power Mashup

And we'll just sit idle watching it happen. Lol

P.S. Are you a Pakistani? just asking.

Are you serious? :undecided:

Are you serious? :undecided:

These days Chinese are going with superiority complex. Whole world is bad. They want to destroy India, Vietnam, Japan, S.K, Singapore, Philippines, Europe, Australia, U.S. Russia is no match and they will capture Taiwan and Mongolia. In short, They want to rule the world with 2 friends Pakistan and N.K. China is behaving like nothing exist in front of China. :)

Back
Top Bottom