What's new

China, Vietnam agree to properly settle maritime disputes

See. It always made me laugh whenever I read some of our Chinese and Vietnamese brothers barking at each other while hot headed ! Military action and war is never needed -- and is always a forgone conclusion. Why conflict when everything can be solved through mature, bilateral, intergovernmental communication and cooperation.

Maturity and calm diplomatic visage wins the day. One step at a time. :)
Those rocks in SCS(east sea) is unimportant to VN coz our merchant ships dont need to pass trough when abt 70 % of China merchant ships must pass through. We also control all of important part in SCS(east sea) . So, its a loss for China when begging for peace in disputed zone coz China's crucial ship lane will remain under threat from VN :pop:

Last edited:
Vietnam - China joint patrol in Gulf of Tonkin still be carried out as usual. That done at the end of 2014.

Those rocks in SCS(east sea) is unimportant to VN coz our merchant ships dont need to pass trough when abt 70 % of China merchant ships must pass through. We also control all of important part in SCS(east sea) . So, its a loss for China when begging for peace in disputed zone coz China's crucial ship lane will remain under threat from VN :pop:

lol, you like to stir things dont you?

lol, you like to stir things dont you?
No, I just tell the Truth, They (China) come and beg for peace, of course we will say OK. All important parts of SCS(east sea) r under our control already. We dont want any more rocks. :pop:
779px-Spratly_with_flags.jpg

Last edited:
No, I just tell the Truth, They (China) come and beg for peace, of course we will say OK. All important parts of SCS(east sea) r under our control already. We dont want any more rocks. :pop:
779px-Spratly_with_flags.jpg
You might want to choose your words properly. China doesn't beg peace, at least not from Vietnam. China simply prefers peace. Do you really think we Chinese would beg peace from you? Seriously?

Why can't these Asian leaders wear their traditional attire when they are meeting other Asian leaders at least?

Very well said @SvenSvensonov . I agree to your points. There are 2 new Chinese members who have a strong command of regional geopolitics and they're both quite austere and respectful. They're @Yizhi and @Shotgunner51 . :)
thx for the compliment~the high quality of your posts was one of the reasons i came to PDF. and it's always nice to see a friendly nihonjin:cheers:.
i'm merely a casual civilian observer, so you guys are way more qualified than i am.
my major has nothing to do with geopolitics....and i'm still struggling with English....:cry:

:lol: - yeah, that's always a safe assumption to make on PDF. Too many people using female avatars... not that I'm complaining:partay:. But considering when I click on your picture the tab states you are male, it was an even easier assumption. Nah, actually It's rare to see a Chinese member that isn't rabidly nationalistic and you and @Yizhi are a very welcomed addition to PDF. So let me say, since I often do to valued member and haven't yet crossed paths with you, welcome to PDF!!!

I'm getting married in a few months:cry:. Even if you were female I'd be dead if I tried.
thx for the warm welcome~this is a defence forum after all, it certainly attracts all kinds of ultra-nationalists....
and congratulations! say goodbye to your bachelor life:).

You might want to choose your words properly. China doesn't beg peace, at least not from Vietnam. China simply prefers peace. Do you really think we Chinese would beg peace from you? Seriously?
Good, keep 'preferring' peace and let us invite US-Russia-India to Cam Ranh base to control your crucial shipping lane in SCS(east sea).:pop:

Personally, I appreciate the move by China and Vietnam government even though it could be a short-term plan to hide international concern over Chinese aggressive claim for almost 90% of South China Sea.

Due to the largest number of occupied islands in Spratly Islands, Vietnam do need time to reassure its military presence and upgrading defence forces against neighbor's potential invasions.

Good, keep 'preferring' peace and let us invite US-Russia-India to Cam Ranh base to control your crucial shipping lane in SCS(east sea).

China will continue shipping. You will continue doing nothing. If you attack Chinese ships, it's an act of war and Vietnam will be utterly destroyed by China and some neighbors that hate you. You will surrender, and your government will be overthrown. If you don't, nuclear weapons are not off the table if you attacked civilians to provoke the war against you :pop:

Do you think Vietnam being nuked a few times and dismembered is good for your goal of uniting the sub-Mekong Region? PS no ships run through the area you highlighted on your map.

Good, keep 'preferring' peace and let us invite US-Russia-India to Cam Ranh base to control your crucial shipping lane in SCS(east sea).:pop:

Historically, China used to be a close friend with Russia, then came along with US and now being again with Russia to counter US. I'm not sure that external forces are willing to support us against China forever due to the change in national interest over the time.

Therefore, I suggest to do something make Chinese-flag ship spending much time and money while travelling through the sea lane across Vietnam, example marine police stop these ship for checking :D . Therefore, the bypass sea lane could harm our enemy's economy.

:lol: - yeah, that's always a safe assumption to make on PDF. Too many people using female avatars... not that I'm complaining:partay:. But considering when I click on your picture the tab states you are male, it was an even easier assumption. Nah, actually It's rare to see a Chinese member that isn't rabidly nationalistic and you and @Yizhi are a very welcomed addition to PDF. So let me say, since I often do to valued member and haven't yet crossed paths with you, welcome to PDF!!!

I'm getting married in a few months:cry:. Even if you were female I'd be dead if I tried.

Thanks for your warm welcome, I gonna play more here on PDF.:-)

Getting married? Congrats dude ... I am married, welcome to hell ... :cry::cry::cry::cheesy:

Oh that's not you? I was about to say....

:wub::lol:

OK let me change the avatar, let me find a nice pic wait ... :-)

Back
Top Bottom