What's new

China, Vietnam agree to properly settle maritime disputes

Aepsilons

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Japan
An excellent development, indeed! To greater peace and stability in the region !
@TaiShang , @Chinese-Dragon , @terranMarine , @Viet , @EastSea , @NiceGuy , @Carlosa

------------------

133881526_14196370351501n.jpg

Yu Zhengsheng (L), a member of the Standing Committee of the Political Bureau of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee and chairman of the National Committee of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference, meets with Vietnamese Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung in Hanoi, capital of Vietnam, Dec. 26, 2014. (Xinhua/Ma Zhancheng)

HANOI, Dec. 26 (Xinhua) -- Senior Chinese and Vietnamese officials agreed in Hanoi on Friday to properly settle the maritime disputes and control their differences through dialogues.

The consensus was reached in a meeting between China's top political advisor Yu Zhengsheng and Vietnamese Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung.

"The maritime issue is highly complicated and sensitive, which requires negotiations to manage and control differences," said Yu, a member of the Standing Committee of the Political Bureau of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee and Chairman of the National Committee of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference.

"Magaphone diplomacy can only trigger volatility of public opinion, which should be avoided by both sides," said Yu, who is in Hanoi for a three-day official visit.

He proposed both countries to enhance political trust and build consensus, strengthen guidance in public opinion, and promote substantial cooperation in various areas.

"We are ready to beef up coordination with Vietnam, enhance personnel training and media swaps, to lay solid public opinion foundation for the development of China-Vietnam ties," Yu said.

Nguyen Tan Dung, for his part, said Vietnam expects joint efforts with China to properly settle maritime disputes in a candid and friendly spirit, and especially promote substantial progress in their negotiations regarding the maritime demarcation of the bay mouth of Beibu Gulf.

He agreed to treat China in an honest and candid manner, and further facilitate bilateral cooperation in such fields as economy, culture, education and youth exchanges.

Yu is visiting Hanoi from Thursday to Saturday at the invitation of the Communist Party of Vietnam Central Committee and the Fatherland Front of Vietnam.

China, Vietnam agree to properly settle maritime disputes - Xinhua | English.news.cn

Good news. Yu Zhengsheng is from my home town, hope he continues to do a good job.

See. It always made me laugh whenever I read some of our Chinese and Vietnamese brothers barking at each other while hot headed ! Military action and war is never needed -- and is always a forgone conclusion. Why conflict when everything can be solved through mature, bilateral, intergovernmental communication and cooperation.

Maturity and calm diplomatic visage wins the day. One step at a time. :)

the quality of this new chinese leadership always amazes me:cool:
we are so lucky to have these people in office for china's benefit in such volatile time......

we are so lucky to have these people in office for china's benefit in such volatile time......

Xi Jingping , truly, has what we refer as -- Transformational Leadership. He is exactly what China needs right now -- and the entire region. East Asia as well as Southeast Asia. I hope that we all build on this.

Yeah I agree that too.

Clean, bold, decisive, action oriented, prioritizing things correctly ... very well indeed.

Hope they continue to deepen legal system reform and market reform. Only these two most important internal reforms would secure our foundation for a strong economy as well as security.

Good news. Yu Zhengsheng is from my home town, hope he continues to do a good job.
Do you come from Shaoxing, Zhejiang ?

"The maritime issue is highly complicated and sensitive, which requires negotiations to manage and control differences," said Yu, a member of the Standing Committee of the Political Bureau of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee and Chairman of the National Committee of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference.

Chinese members have been repeated in this forum that "China do more talk less". But in reality China talk and do is always different, like oil rig incident recently.

Chinese members have been repeated in this forum that "China do more talk less". But in reality China talk and do is always different, like oil rig incident recently.

@EastSea , let us be more prudent in our approach. There is a saying in Japan; be like the rivers -- silent yet deep. I believe you and I can agree that these past 3 years have drawn much ire and angst for the nations that border the South China Sea. It serves no benefit -- to the development of Viet Nam, as well as with the Philippines , Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei and China -- to be constantly on guard and ever-reminded of the threat of war.

It is far wiser to improve on national development. Vietnam has seen some development these recent years, but more should be done. And trust me, a war, or increased militarization will only further destabilize and already unstable , tense region. Better to have calm mind, calm leadership, and embrace a culture of intergovernmental communication.

Kind regards,
@Nihonjin1051

Do you come from Shaoxing, Zhejiang ?

I am from Shanghai. Yu Zhengsheng served briefly as our CCP Secretary

Give the politicians/bureaucrats some time to do their job, they got paid to do that. We can discuss and offer advice, or we can wait and see if their deliver any results.

@EastSea , let us be more prudent in our approach. There is a saying in Japan; be like the rivers -- silent yet deep. I believe you and I can agree that these past 3 years have drawn much ire and angst for the nations that border the South China Sea. It serves no benefit -- to the development of Viet Nam, as well as with the Philippines , Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei and China -- to be constantly on guard and ever-reminded of the threat of war.

It is far wiser to improve on national development. Vietnam has seen some development these recent years, but more should be done. And trust me, a war, or increased militarization will only further destabilize and already unstable , tense region. Better to have calm mind, calm leadership, and embrace a culture of intergovernmental communication.

Kind regards,
@Nihonjin1051

When has prudence ever got in the way of hotheadedness and nationalism? While I would like to see peace in the region, not more tension stoking, this in turn would lessen the need for the US military to be in Asia, we both know that a military buildup in what is happening. But this doesn't have to come at the expense of better relations either as Japan and China are making an attempt at peaceful relations while building up their forces, the US too is furthering its re-positioning of assets into Asia (As seen with your article on the Japanese defense thread regarding an additional An/tpy-2) and Vietnam, India, the Philippines, Australian, Taiwan and practically everyone except South Korea are increasing their military strength. Like it or not, when peace isn't an option or peace is wrought with pitfalls and tribulations, a strong military is the only hedge against instability.

All nations are making strides. Vietnam is improving rapidly as manufacturing and tech businesses re-orient to their shores, Taiwan too is benefiting, but investment and trade only goes so far. You must not neglect your military or your industries and investments will become your neighbors. Ukraine learned this the hard way.

I never advocate for war, but as an ex-military guy I respect the necessity of a strong military. Make peace if you can, but never forget your fist if needed.

Also @Shotgunner51 - I like you, and I rarely say this about PDF's Chinese member save for Chinese-Dragon. You have a very rational, prudent and moderate approach. Many respect to you from me.

When has prudence ever got in the way of hotheadedness and nationalism? While I would like to see peace in the region, not more tension stoking, this in turn would lessen the need for the US military to be in Asia, we both know that a military buildup in what is happening. But this doesn't have to come at the expense of better relations either as Japan and China are making an attempt at peaceful relations will building up their forces, the US too is furthering its re-positioning of assets into Asia and Vietnam, India, the Philippines, Australian, Taiwan and practically everyone except South Korea are increasing their military strength. Like it or not, when peace isn't an option or peace is wrought with pitfalls and tribulations, a strong military is the only hedge against instability.

All nations are making strides. Vietnam is improving rapidly as manufacturing and tech businesses re-orient to their shores, Taiwan too is benefiting, but investment and trade only goes so far. You must not neglect your military or your industries and investments will become your neighbors.

Make peace if you can, but never forget your fist if needed.

Also @Shotgunner51 - I like you, and I rarely say this about PDF's Chinese member save for Chinese-Dragon. You have a very rational, prudent and moderate approach. Many respect to you from me.

Very well said @SvenSvensonov . I agree to your points. There are 2 new Chinese members who have a strong command of regional geopolitics and they're both quite austere and respectful. They're @Yizhi and @Shotgunner51 . :)

When has prudence ever got in the way of hotheadedness and nationalism? While I would like to see peace in the region, not more tension stoking, this in turn would lessen the need for the US military to be in Asia, we both know that a military buildup in what is happening. But this doesn't have to come at the expense of better relations either as Japan and China are making an attempt at peaceful relations while building up their forces, the US too is furthering its re-positioning of assets into Asia (As seen with your article on the Japanese defense thread regarding an additional An/tpy-2) and Vietnam, India, the Philippines, Australian, Taiwan and practically everyone except South Korea are increasing their military strength. Like it or not, when peace isn't an option or peace is wrought with pitfalls and tribulations, a strong military is the only hedge against instability.

All nations are making strides. Vietnam is improving rapidly as manufacturing and tech businesses re-orient to their shores, Taiwan too is benefiting, but investment and trade only goes so far. You must not neglect your military or your industries and investments will become your neighbors. Ukraine learned this the hard way.

I never advocate for war, but as an ex-military guy I respect the necessity of a strong military. Make peace if you can, but never forget your fist if needed.

Oh? Thanks dude, the like is mutual... BTW the avatar is not me alright? ... :)

You are right, a reasonably strong military is beneficial. Even the bad guys may not eventually show up, a well planned and reasonable size of defense investment actually helps to pull national economy by inspiring tech innovations and instigating ripple effect in the super long value chains of defense industry. In contrary, a badly planned and over-size defense budget will run a country into poverty, or worse then straight-up collapse. I think some countries are doing fine now, while some apparently aren't, PDF provides a good platform for brain-storming, let's play.

Peace is good, very good, so good we should do everything for it, including war if no other options are left on the table. So again maintaining a well planned military system is not just beneficial but vital. Roosevelt's right, talk softly, with big stick, and both are important.

Very well said @SvenSvensonov . I agree to your points. There are 2 new Chinese members who have a strong command of regional geopolitics and they're both quite austere and respectful. They're @Yizhi and @Shotgunner51 . :)

Thanks dude, I am flattered, you are way more sophisticated than I do.
I just get bored by video games and look for something more funny and useful to kill time ... hope I can bring fun to other posters .... :)

Kind regards,
@Nihonjin1051

Thanks for your advice. Vietnamese people know what we have have to do now.

Oh? Thanks dude, the like is mutual... BTW the avatar is not me alright? ... :)

:lol: - yeah, that's always a safe assumption to make on PDF. Too many people using female avatars... not that I'm complaining:partay:. But considering when I click on your picture the tab states you are male, it was an even easier assumption. Nah, actually It's rare to see a Chinese member that isn't rabidly nationalistic and you and @Yizhi are a very welcomed addition to PDF. So let me say, since I often do to valued member and haven't yet crossed paths with you, welcome to PDF!!!

I'm getting married in a few months:cry:. Even if you were female I'd be dead if I tried.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom