What's new

China versus India - a thorough analysis

What is the situation of handguns in india?

so india is like a war zone, internecine killings and fights between religious sects, gangsters ...etc are truefully described in the oscar winning movie?

if india is what it looks like today, can you imagine the year when india surpasses China as the no.1 largest populated country in the world?

Another of your problems which equals if it is not a lot more serious than rape is narcotics and substance abuse! Our drug problem is also on the rise but we are taking zero tolerance or death to the traffickers

I don't know about Southern India as I am not from South India. However, in northern India, yes sometimes, in the villages of Bihar and Uttar Pradesh, it is no less than a war zone. Groups of villagers shoot a each other randomly if there is any land dispute, political clashes or anything that concerns them. And when village war breaks out, cops don't dare enter the village without a huge number of armed police force.

Many such incidents go unreported as journalists/reporters don't dare go to the battle-zone. Who is going to risk his life to capture live footage?

See this video of Siwan in Bihar:

This one happened last year in Balia in Uttar Pradesh:

And about guns? Which one do you need? 315 bore rifle, AK 47, 56, Carbines, Pistols, bombs... if you have money, you will get one. There are illegal gun factories where millions of money are invested during local elections.

This video is in English and in five parts:

I recommend the film Gangs of Wasseypur (Part 1 and 2). The epic film depicts India in a true and honest manner.

Now if these can go unchecked, then you can imagine how much narcotics trade can go.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know about Southern India as I am not from South India. However, in northern India, yes sometimes, in the villages of Bihar and Uttar Pradesh, it is no less than a war zone. Groups of villagers shoot a each other randomly if there is any land dispute, political clashes or anything that concerns them. And when village war breaks out, cops don't dare enter the village without a huge number of armed police force.

Many such incidents go unreported as journalists/reporters don't dare go to the battle-zone. Who is going to risk his life to capture live footage?

See this video of Siwan in Bihar:

[video=youtube;4JjtxAh-t5A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JjtxAh-t5A

This one happened last year in Balia in Uttar Pradesh:

[video=youtube;snpjyamVsxc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snpjyamVsxc

And about guns? Which one do you need? 315 bore rifle, AK 47, 56, Carbines, Pistols, bombs... if you have money, you will get one. There are illegal gun factories where millions of money are invested during local elections.

This video is in English and in five parts:

[video=youtube;T3m7LhWZ2m0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3m7LhWZ2m0

I recommend the film Gangs of Wasseypur (Part 1 and 2). The epic film depicts India in a true and honest manner.

Now if these can go unchecked, then you can imagine how much narcotics trade can go.

Thanks.

I strongly believe there is an optimum level of "Freedom" which has to be traded off with the conditions of a particular country and it has to be reined in by law and order as well as effective enforcement.

This is what good governance meant.

I dont think any country that escapes the concepts can run their countries effectively and render good services to their people

Wars only make things worse: complete breakdown of law and order leads to lots of misery for lots of people for a long time.

What you are describing is not unique to India, and neither is the mentality. I have lived in US, Europe and Australia and I can assure you 100% that the mentality of people is the same everywhere. You can see old men ogling young, even pre-teen girls.

The only reason people behave in the developed world is because the law enforcement is stronger. When there is a temporary breakdown of law and order, as in during riots or natural calamities, the base nature comes out.

The solution for India lies in the same direction: improved law and order. When the fear of the law becomes credible, then people will curb their instincts.

I know war will lead to the complete breakdown of law and order, but it will only happen if there is any law and order at all. In many villages of Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, etc there is little or no presence of law and order. Even if there is a police Chowki, it remains unresponsive due to reasons you know very well. The Maai Baap culture makes the law and order pathetically ridiculous. When you have to go to the police station to lodge complaints and seek protection, there even the
men don't feel safe, let alone women. Contacting the so called law and order agencies means you are digging your own grave deeper and you know how it is so.

Whatever is there in the form of law and order is not law and order in the true sense of the term. A war might at least give the chance to completely destroy the existing order so that a new one can be built in its place. To build a new structure for house one needs to destroy the old one, even if that means one will suffer losses.

Even after the Delhi gang rape and the mass protests that followed it, you see how the menace has been spreading like a virus. After this Mumbai gang rape, now a man is scared if he has a woman with him because he might get attacked just because the woman might be targeted by rapists. Population is growing like a cancerous tumor and it requires adequate policing which is not possible in a poor country like India. The establishment is spending all the money on defense but the domestic space, the inner side, is completely ignored. And this is deliberately done. They are spending money to go to Mars, Neptune, Pluto etc but they don't have the time, nor do they have the intention to keep an eye on the crimes that occur within borders.

Yes, prostitution is in every society. It is the oldest profession. I am not against it. Rather than raping someone, one should go to the brothels. But there one question remains. The hunger for sex is such as it is never satisfied, it becomes more intense day by day. Plus the demand for prostitutes will always grow with a growing population where males dominate females in terms of number. Who is going to supply the growing demand? Hence you have the menace of human trafficking and sex slave trade.

I am aware that this is not unique to India and this exists in well developed western societies. True. But you have to admit that the magnitude, the scale, the extent to which human trafficking and slave trade are running in India, western societies are nowhere near it in comparison, if you go through stats done by Govt agencies, HR organizations, NGOs and other relevant institutions. One reason of it is that women in this part of the world are more vulnerable to human trafficking and other crimes than their western counterparts. Particularly, women of the peripheral tribal societies of, say northeast India. Random kidnappings and purchase through negotiations of virgin female children are prevalent and all these victims finally end up being sex toys for sexual abuse in all those red light districts across northern India.

This trade alone involves millions of USD and such huge transaction of money attracts powerful political leaders, gangsters and other influential persons. They protect it, nurture it and help it flourish more. You remember Tiwari case? I am not mentioning the full name of that political leader, former CM of an Indian state. Yes, these old retards also need virgin teens every night. The Maharashtra Govt had made a thorough study of how dance bars contribute to trafficking and banned it. But then the most powerful institution gives a verdict and everything goes back to the former position. If these premier law and order institutions betray you, where will you go?

In such a situation, who can bell the cat?

I know war will lead to the complete breakdown of law and order, but it will only happen if there is any law and order at all.

I still stand by my earlier admonition that war will only create chaos and, in any chaotic situation, the most ruthless and unscrupulous elements rise to the top. The only thing war may do is to reshuffle the pecking order and put a different set of vampires on top; it won't change the fundamentals of society.

As I wrote, the same mentality of power pervades the developed world; the only difference being the strong arm of the law to keep people in check. The ones who can't buy the law locally travel to developing countries to satisfy their cravings.

In my experience, there are some things that, like true democracy, simply do not scale beyond a point. Once a certain level of anonymity sets in, accountability and social responsibility take a nosedive. That's probably why almost every Scandinavian person I know doesn't want to join the EU. They fear they will lose the social cohesion and harmony that is the hallmark of these countries and is arguably the best in the world.

As far as solutions, the only thing you can aim for is strong accountability and transparency at the local level, and that can only happen as the disparity between rich and poor narrows. Societies with more income equality tend to have better social harmony. The question, of course, is how to get there. I don't think war is the answer.

I still stand by my earlier admonition that war will only create chaos and, in any chaotic situation, the most ruthless and unscrupulous elements rise to the top. The only thing war may do is to reshuffle the pecking order and put a different set of vampires on top; it won't change the fundamentals of society.

As I wrote, the same mentality of power pervades the developed world; the only difference being the strong arm of the law to keep people in check. The ones who can't buy the law locally travel to developing countries to satisfy their cravings.

In my experience, there are some things that, like true democracy, simply do not scale beyond a point. Once a certain level of anonymity sets in, accountability and social responsibility take a nosedive. That's probably why almost every Scandinavian person I know doesn't want to join the EU. They fear they will lose the social cohesion and harmony that is the hallmark of these countries and is arguably the best in the world.

As far as solutions, the only thing you can aim for is strong accountability and transparency at the local level, and that can only happen as the disparity between rich and poor narrows. Societies with more income equality tend to have better social harmony. The question, of course, is how to get there. I don't think war is the answer.

I agree with you. However, I have some points you may like to take into consideration.

Multiparty democracy itself is chaos. India, being a multi religious, multi ethnic, multi regional entity, in today's world, if it is self ruled and not politically controlled by an alien force like what happened during the colonial days, has no option but to opt for multiparty democracy. You have to share power with every interest groups. You have to give certain degree of autonomy to them. You have to buy loyalty from every section of a highly diverse society. So there are constant negotiations with several powers at least at the experimental level. Otherwise, you risk civil war. This is what I understand studying the Indian way of governance.

Wars bring changes, sometimes bad like what we see in Iraq now a days but many times good and there are several examples. In Japan, war changed the power structure. The Japanese Emperor lost his divine title and status and started visiting ordinary folk which he had never done before. In China, the concept of 'people' at least in the beginning of a new nation state, took its birth. In USA, multiple social reformations leading to a melting pot type multiculturalism gained a strong foothold. And in Germany, you know what changes took place there. All these could happen because there was war greatly impacting the grass root level of a society.

However, wars didn't bring good changes in Africa or say in Afghanistan as well as Irag. How wars can bring different changes, good or bad or mixed, is seen in the two Koreas. So I think, whether changes will be good or bad depends on who/which ideology is winning the battle against who/which ideology. Its difficult to tell whether changes will be good or bad before or during the war since you can't know who will win and grab the machinery to exercise power soon after the war. But there is no doubt that wars bring about changes good or bad or good-bad mixed.

I agree with you. However, I have some points you may like to take into consideration.

I think we are back to square one: law enforcement, which you already mentioned.

All the examples you gave are countries which value the rule of law above anything else. Whether they achieved it after a war or before, that principle was sacrosanct and the society insisted that they are "a nation of laws".

I think we are back to square one: law enforcement, which you already mentioned.

All the examples you gave are countries which value the rule of law above anything else. Whether they achieved it after a war or before, that principle was sacrosanct and the society insisted that they are "a nation of laws".

I agree with you. Totally.

If you see no hope for India in your lifetime, then leave the country and join the NRI community.

You seem a very intelligent fella with your heart in the right place. You should make a difference elsewhere if you can't do the same in India.

Are you on line Sir? I want to talk to you on another thread "Nawarville" in members' club section, please come to that thread to have discussion with me. Thanks!

@by78,

UP MLA arrested in Goa dance bar raid - Indian Express

M_Id_414049_MLA.jpg

Uttar Pradesh MLA Mahendra Singh was among the six persons arrested by Goa Police following a raid at a Panaji dance bar who have been booked under the Anti-Prostitution Act, the police said. Police inspector Rajendra Prabhudesai Tuesday night said that Singh, the MLA from Sitapur constituency, was arrested Monday night.

Six girls, from Punjab, Delhi, Mumbai, UP and Chhattisgarh, were rescued during the raid.

Prabhudesai said police had already informed the UP Assembly Speaker about Singh's arrest as that was mandatory under law. Singh is reportedly a four-time MLA from Sitapur. Earlier, DSP Mahesh Gaonkar said that two other people from UP, were also arrested.

So you can now understand who are behind such verdicts:

BBC News - Mumbai dance bars: India Supreme Court overturns ban

dance-bars-365_1374320584.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom