What's new

China to provide 4 new F-22P frigates to Pakistan

This is good news but here's my question. Is Pakistan getting long range or medium range SAMS too with VLS? The previous frigates have area defense short range missiles (sort of French Cotrale's copy), which is an older but capable system. Yet, it's not enough to defend these war ships. Pakistan needs long range SAMS (ideal scenario). Something that can hit - reach out to 100 miles or so, at the launching range or Air to Sea missiles by jets. I don't think in today's world, a jet really has to come within 10 KM of the war ship. That was WWII.....
Most AshM these days have a range of 150-200, some even 300 km. So, that 100 miles is not going to do you much good in as far as even that won't allow you to 'reach out and touch' the launch platforms (aircraft). But, you might have some more time to deal with incoming missiles
(that is, if you radar is good enough to detect seaskimmers at that range)

The AN/SPY-1 has a range of more than 115 miles (185 km). While sources on the one hand state the AN/SPY-1 has a range of at least 190 km = 100nm, other sources state it still has a slightly shorter horizon than the SPS-49 (Range, 3 nmi / 5.6 km to 256 nmi /474 km). So, go figure. Raytheon's AN/SPY-3, variously referred to as New Multifunction Radar, has a classified maximum range, with USN literature stating "...200NM+" i.e. similar to SPY-1

Thales APAR has a max range of about 150km against large targets in free space and does horizon search out to 75km.

The Thales (Signaal) DA08 on some of the ex RN Type 21 in PN service has a claimed range on a 2m2 target of 78-92 nm (some sources state 204 km or 110 nm) for 2 m2 target i.e. not much shorter than SPY-1! LW-08 has 145nm range. Still, there is a hugely different detection capability involved.

Info on newer 3d Thales MW08 http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA233492
Maximum free-apace, singlo-scan detection range, at 80% probability of detection
2 m2 target SW 1 32 km [i.e. AIRCRAFT]
1 m2 target SW 1 27 km
0.1 m2 target SW 3 17 km [i.e. MISSILE]
Note the effect of target surface on detection range...

it was the Chinese that appeared to have secured the bulk of Pakistani orders in the first stages of IDEAS2012.

China Shipbuilding Trading Corporation (CSTC) secured an order from the Pakistan navy for four warships. These are thought to be improved variants of the F-22P Zulfiquar class frigates, four of which have already been built for the navy, (three in China and one in Karachi).

According to a spokesman for Karachi Shipyard and Engineering Works, the Pakistan navy recommended a large number of modifications for the follow on batch of frigates, and these modifications have been accepted by the Chinese designers.

A spokesman for CSTC was unable to say if the eight FM-90 SAMs (Crotale copy) would be replaced by a larger number of more capable missiles housed in a VLS however. The SAM armament of the current F-22P class frigates is a noted shortcoming of the design.
http://www.defensenews.com/article/...le-sales-Pakistani-arms-fair?odyssey=nav|head

Just like the IN ships are purely Indian, you mean?

I have been reading millions of posts that indian navy has built ships of different kind and now you say they are 100% indian made tell me how much do you know ? with the israeli avionics , russian weapons tell me How much of 100% it is ? Bergen companies licensed engine assembled ? than bell radar is thales licensed produced. Israeli Elbit Counter measures suite. Just like Indians we have made F22p , Saying that chinese engineers came here to help so did russians come to india to help them. Wow That is indeed 100% ...

I have been reading millions of posts that indian navy has built ships of different kind and now you say they are 100% indian made tell me how much do you know ? with the israeli avionics , russian weapons tell me How much of 100% it is ? Bergen companies licensed engine assembled ? than bell radar is thales licensed produced. Israeli Elbit Counter measures suite. Just like Indians we have made F22p , Saying that chinese engineers came here to help so did russians come to india to help them. Wow That is indeed 100% ...

I think you didn't understand what Penguin wanted to say there. :disagree:

Take a deep breath, hold for 10 seconds, exhale.... there, feel better? :coffee:

nope its pure chinese product . funny thing when i visit PNS zulfiqar i notice made in italy and many EU countries things on it :P
Where ever they are made doesn't matter what matter is that we are getting them and getting them soon and we should get more frigates of different kind may be from Turkey or other countries if we can get yes we have economy issues but our enemy is growing to fast we need to have far bigger Navy than what we already have

I think you didn't understand what Penguin wanted to say there. :disagree:

I could be wrong , But I think he mocked pakistani's by saying one of pakistani fanatic that indians make 100% do pakistani's make it ... If he didn't mean't than he needs to check his Grammar..

15300342_200901280902117067.jpg

What would be the delivery date for these new 4-6 Frigates from China 1 years or 2 years

If its 1 year turn around 2013 we might have a fleet of 10 brand new F22P frigates in our inventory not to shabby at all , and just few years back we were strugling to get new boats

Good things happen to honest good countries like Pakistan , because the are patient and well manered

While the introduction of 10 new frigate in the fleet a good development it would be more delightful if the new ship have FN 3000 defense system and as anticipated by captain mirza beg commanding officer PNS zulfiqur in 2010 interview about FM-90N and SUR-17 combination replace by HQ-16 .

What would be the delivery date for these new 4-6 Frigates from China 1 years or 2 years

If its 1 year turn around 2013 we might have a fleet of 10 brand new F22P frigates in our inventory not to shabby at all , and just few years back we were strugling to get new boats

Good things happen to honest good countries like Pakistan , because the are patient and well manered
But soon we will have to retire our 6 Frigates which we are using those which we got from Britian so we need at least 6 more Frigates we should have at least 24 but because of economic issues at least and at least we need to have 16 Frigates and 8 Submarines with some Missile Boats

I could be wrong , But I think he mocked pakistani's by saying one of pakistani fanatic that indians make 100% do pakistani's make it ... If he didn't mean't than he needs to check his Grammar..

I don't understand why you would think I mocked Pakistani's esp. because to the extent I did mock anybody at all, it would have been the poster of the line "I thought F22p was a pure Pakistani product..." (since F22P obviously is not a purely Pakistani product, the suggestion was that IN ships are fully Indian products, which of course they are not, as that poster has indicated above.)

There's nothing wrong with my grammar. There may be something wrong with your grasp of sarcasm.
Sarcasm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:wave:

Back
Top Bottom