What's new

China To Induct JF-17 Thunder into Its Air Force: President Mamnoon Hussain

We can keep the discussion civil if we want.

This thread has lurched off course. Perhaps it needs to be locked for a while?

@syedali73 leave Mastan Khan sb alone. He has his opinions and he does not wish to change them. But some of his points are valuable to drive the discussion. We would not be discussing the weakness of PLAAF if he had not observed (correctly) that there are problems with PLAAF. It would not have occurred to me to consider this.

china was the poorest country in 1978 in gdp in whole world. cultural revoluion had destroyed it.
so china really did developed after 1980s. so judging china on its conditions in 80s and 90s is stupid. people always complaain there poor quality stuff of 80(like noisy subs) when china had no money at all, no expertise, no help.
but this changed in 90s. not only its econmy became strong enough to support all types of defence project but it also had open acess to latest tech from russia. even today russia is ready to offer its latest engines the saturn 117, radars and even offered them to join fifth gen project before the indians.
with this access to Russian tech and money china is to bond to make rapid progress

having said that every body knows that china is 20 years behind and may take ateast 15 years to catch up.
This point of view is shared by many experts and even think tanks and defence committee members even in USA. however some of experts here are ridiculing all those people claiming and clam that its impossible for china to catch up in next 100 years.
TODAY china defence spending is 1/3 USA and three times of russia. it will be increasing as china is not showing an slow down in its economy unlike india

lolz this guy went to agree them ?
If you are talking about me I only agreed that China is weaker than the US. I also gave the reason why I think China is weaker than US, and how we will be equal and potentially surpass them later.

We have 650+ Fourth and 4++ fighters, we are not weaker than any other nation save Russia.

Guys,

I dont have a dog in this fight. All i can share is what i undrstand.

If you are talking about me I only agreed that China is weaker than the US. I also gave the reason why I think China is weaker than US, and how we will be equal and potentially surpass them later.

We have 650+ Fourth and 4++ fighters, we are not weaker than any other nation save Russia.

Hi,

Your position is agreeable, but even with those numbers, chinese air force is spread very thin. Now if you have a similar number of aircraft in reserve, then absolute, any statement that china would want to make would have force behind it.

Your position is agreeable, but even with those numbers, chinese air force is spread very thin. Now if you have a similar number of aircraft in reserve, then absolute, any statement that china would want to make would have force behind it.

We have 200 something Jh-7 fighter bombers built specifically for long range anti ship missions. These are lethal for a attack on the seas, and they are all directed at Japan. Very unnecessary to direct them at Vietnam or Philippines, they don't have any ships worth sinking.

Right now we only have to focus on Japan, Taiwan will have no problems, as the Xi MA meeting is on the cards either at the next APEC meeting, or sometime later.

So what does Japan have?

F-15s, these are the earlier versions with no offensive capabilities. They can't attack land and forgot if they can attack sea. They also don't have the latest American long range missiles so our J-10A are superior, don't even compare with J-10Bs. Not to mention they are falling apart, various reports on how mid flight parts are falling off and even hitting cars below. These are extremely old.

F-2s, less than 80 of that more or less, these are pretty good, but they are no match for the J-11, and especially not the J-11Bs.

F-4 really? I don't need to talk about this do I?

That's all they have.

In total they have less than 300 "effective" fighters.

In terms of training, our's is not as ineffective as some western people believes. We fly around the same hours, we fly around 200 a year more or less. Recently more and more combat simulations including exercises including all three services have been on the rise. While we are also partaking with exercises with a lot of modern air forces, including on and off with Turkey, a NATO member.

So no, against Japan we are very prepared, and with each passing year, this gap would increase. By 2020, you would laugh at yourself for even think they could have been a threat to us.

no my dear sir i was talking abut my stupid president

Perhaps as aggressor role similar to how the USAF used F-5 in limited numbers?

J-10A is aerodynamically inferior to JF-17. J-10B is on par with JF-17 in terms of aerodynamics.
J10A was stop gap, but JF17 tested on later date. Further modification been done at Kamra. Pus Russia is not willing to give AL31FN to Pakistan, it powered J10,J11b,F20 etc.....

Reading opinions from members here, it becomes clear that JF17 is an able multi-role platform, affordable, upgradable, DIY weapon integratable and, with Chinese engines later, free from any future sanction.

My personal thinking would be that China might be willing to induct some FC-1 with enhance engine and IFR ability for its lowest end of fighters to handle SC sea and the inland borders. This fighter is able to carry almost all PLA’s air-to-air, air-to-ship and air-to-ground weapons, cheap to buy and cheap to operate

As of the real ability of the PLA, one tends to believe whatever one wants to believe. Because all reports, be it from China or USA are not accurate and all of them having an agenda of their own. The Americans are fighting for more defense funding by overstating PLA's ability while China wants to understate its modernization without creating too much of anti-China sentiment.

Hi,

The eyes want to read what the mind has already made up. Nobody is blaming chinese forvstealing technology. The issue is that they do not have enough numbers. Even though they are building at a fast pace, yet they are not in sufficient numbers to make a statement.

Even though our chinese colleague thinks otherwise, the chinese air force does not have fangs large enough.

If numbers are the point of argument then it is moot. PLAAF currently has around 300 J-8, 500 Q-5, similar number of J-7, 115 JH-7/A, 105 J-11/A, >16 J-15/S, >140 J-11B/S/H, 12 J-16, > 300 J-10, 76 Su-30MKK, 24 Su-30MK2. The PLAAF would then be the third largest air organization in the world. Numbers are on their side, buddy.

This news may be true. PLAAF is quite satisfied with the range and maintenance-friendly of FC-1

J-10 fits China bill. In a simulated dogfight, J-10 totally outclass the JF-17.
bro, J 10 is a much advanced plane than the Jf 17, so no need to compare, Jf 17 is the FC 1 and the J 10 is the FC 20 i think, so you can see the difference

Back
Top Bottom