What's new

China still lacks in the top end of the value chain

A country can't be good at everything, even US is pretty backward in some sectors. but overall speaking ,China now is the leading high tech exporter in the world

Not really. I am not a US fans as you may notice. But the US is still sitting in the very high point of the value chain you can not deny it.

I am not upsetting our Chinese bros here. But from the point of industry capability as of tech per se, China still is catching up with the western world, faster than ever though. The items in the table quoted is indeed a guidance of high tech strength. Machine tools could be looking ugly against the shining IC or DJI drones, but it's still at the crown of current industrial civilization.

I did research earlier and I found the Chinese government is working on so called "Made in China 2025". But this project is more like PR work as I observed, no real large scale investment/money has been put into use since the initiatives was raised earlier this year(of course from my source). If things have no change, the GAP between west industrial powers(e.g US, Japan, Germany, France, Netherlands) and China could be even enlarged.

Over years "Made in China 2025" could be a huge joke and a demise of Chinese manufacture when products line return to the west by more sophisticated and robotics technology. Please understand I don't mean bad to China but you need a warning and don't let your bureaucracy harm your realization of the urgency of this new industrial revolution.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom