China Seeks to Broaden iPhone Ban to State Firms, Agencies

Zsari

Reaction score
Country
China

China Seeks to Broaden iPhone Ban to State Firms, Agencies​

By Jenny Leonard and Debby Wu
September 6, 2023 at 9:28 PM PDT

China plans to expand a ban on the use of iPhones in sensitive departments to government-backed agencies and state companies, a sign of growing challenges for Apple Inc. in its biggest foreign market and global production base.

Several agencies have begun instructing staff not to bring their iPhones to work, people familiar with the matter said, affirming a previous report from the Wall Street Journal. In addition, Beijing intends to extend that restriction far more broadly to a plethora of state-owned enterprises and other government-controlled organizations, said the people, who asked not to be identified discussing a sensitive matter.

How would USA respond
Will they ban quality comm selling chips to China ?

If not then China can easily ban iPhone and let the local companies grab the market

After all there are ample and arguably way better option out there

This is not good news for apple stock though!

Poor officials!

iPhone is a good phone.

Not long ago, some parts of USA were also banning Tiktok for being used by officials.

I think the world is getting crazier today.

Good opportunity to buy apple stock at a lower price from this fiasco.
Apple stock is not cheap. This partly ban costs apple $200b in market capitalization. A total ban is most likely coming. Ccp is on war path. That will deal an huge blow to Apple. I think apple will eventually leave China. That will make apple stock cheaper.

Apple stock is not cheap. This partly ban costs apple $200b in market capitalization. A total ban is most likely coming. Ccp is on war path. That will deal an huge blow to Apple. I think apple will eventually leave China. That will make apple stock cheaper.

I hope Vietnam and India can grab most of the manufacturing of Apple products.

I hope Vietnam and India can grab most of the manufacturing of Apple products.
That’s the trend, moving western manufacturing away from China. Few exceptions will remain but for the majority of production there will be no future in China. Ccp sees the west as enemy, at best as stupid consumers. Apple is at the end of the day an US company.

That’s the trend, moving western manufacturing away from China. Few exceptions will remain but for the majority of production there will be no future in China. Ccp sees the west as enemy, at best as stupid consumers. Apple is at the end of the day an US company.
Lol, the US and its lackey EU have been treating China as an enemy for years since Trump, it's only time for China to respond in some way at some point.

kinda retard when android and arm also not chinese controlled

and the fact is people would rather be spied on by americans than terror feudal xi

Last edited:
Good opportunity to buy apple stock at a lower price from this fiasco.
India and Vietnam has an opportunity to seaze the deal. This fight is good for us. I hope our leaders are not letting it go.

Lol, the US and its lackey EU have been treating China as an enemy for years since Trump, it's only time for China to respond in some way at some point.
Keep responding like this, we are liking it. Papa Xi will undo whatever China has achieved. @CIA Mole

Apple is a high-end phone, but if it's made in India, I'm worried about E. coli

India and Vietnam has an opportunity to seaze the deal. This fight is good for us. I hope our leaders are not letting it go.

Keep responding like this, we are liking it. Papa Xi will undo whatever China has achieved. @CIA Mole
You sleazy Indians' attitude towards US and China relation is no secret, you think Chinese will wish India well too, lol.

Once Apple's OEMs completely withdraw from China, Apple will be completely banned in China.

Back
Top Bottom