What's new

China says citizens arrested in India were tourists

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to get used to Indian media..

Splashing the word "Spy" all over the story headlines is a bit far, wouldn't you think?

They were arrested for crossing without documents, perhaps an illegal crossing or something similar.

Being a "Spy" on the other hand, is a VERY serious charge. Which should only be made with sufficient evidence, especially before you splash their names all over the media.

Arrest is not wrong. But the reasons for the arrest should not be spying.

Can we expect apologies in case the people in question weren't spies?

It makes Complete Sense In Believing they were Spys

1) Trespassing India from Nepal without proper Travel Documents
2)One Indian Pan card In the Pocket...
3)Taking Photos of Indian Strategic Locations

These are No Wise duties Performed by a normal legal Tourist.... They would be Lucky to get away from Indian Authorities if proven Tourists rather spies ...

Did You forget That China had Arrested and Harassed Diamond Merchants from India and Claimed them to be Smugglers even when Indian Govt Said they are no Smugglers but merchants.... Where was the Apology then???

You have to get used to Indian media..:tup:

Why should I tolerate behaviors that are staining my reputation? I am entitled to respond if my people are treated unfairly.

Will you take it lightly if people are accusing you of housebreaking just because you forget to knock the door?

You are asking me to get used to it because those nonsenses are not targeting at you.

Why should I tolerate behaviors that are staining my reputation? I am entitled to respond if my people are treated unfairly.

Will you take it lightly if people are accusing you of housebreaking just because you forget to knock the door?

You are asking me to get used to it because those nonsenses are not targeting at you.

Its like talking to a freaking wall:hitwall:"Suspected" spies based on prima facie evidence

Its like talking to a freaking wall:hitwall:"Suspected" spies based on prima facie evidence

Prima facie means "a matter that appears to be self-evident, based on a first examination of the evidence."

It may appear to be "self-evident" to Indians... but not to Chinese.

"Suspected" spies based on prima facie evidence? Says who? Indian authority or Indian media?

Tell me what charge has been filed against the Chinese tourists by Indian authority.

Are they charged with illegally entering India soil or spying in India?

If they are arrested under the charge of crossing the border illegally, why they become suspected spies on newspaper?

It makes Complete Sense In Believing they were Spys

1) Trespassing India from Nepal without proper Travel Documents
2)One Indian Pan card In the Pocket...
3)Taking Photos of Indian Strategic Locations

These are No Wise duties Performed by a normal legal Tourist.... They would be Lucky to get away from Indian Authorities if proven Tourists rather spies ...

Did You forget That China had Arrested and Harassed Diamond Merchants from India and Claimed them to be Smugglers even when Indian Govt Said they are no Smugglers but merchants.... Where was the Apology then???

They were arrested under the charge of smuggling and proved to be smugglers. We don't have to apologise for calling a spade a spade.

Chinese tourists were arrested under the charge of crossing the border illegally, but were portrayed to be spies on newspaper, I hope you can understand the difference between the two.

Prima facie means "a matter that appears to be self-evident, based on a first examination of the evidence."

It may appear to be "self-evident" to Indians... but not to Chinese.

Ok lets see,
1. They left their vehicle at the border and walked into Indian territory all the way to the military camp- So they knew where they were going, why else would you try to be sneaky

2. They had no travel documents on them- You can't just sneak into a country and not expect to face the consequences.

3. One of them had an Indian PAN card. Let me tell you what a PAN card is. It stands for permanent account number, used by Indian taxation department. Its one of the identification proofs in India, along with Passport, Voter ID card and Ration Card. (Its like you know me getting caught in China with no travel documents and a fake Chinese Passport)

4. They were taking photos of military camp- it sure is a tourist attraction eh?

Hope its evident to you now. :cheers:

They were arrested under the charge of smuggling and proved to be smugglers. We don't have to apologise for calling a spade a spade.

Chinese tourists were arrested under the charge of crossing the border illegally, but were portrayed to be spies on newspaper, I hope you can understand the difference between the two.

They never were proved Smugglers Until Now.... You have to apologise If you expect an Apology from us If These So called Tourist If At all ever are Proved Not Spies....

Chinese Tourists were arrested for Not Showing Proper travel documents, While Taking photographs of Indian Strategic Installations And Carrying an Indian Pan card.... Why would they carry an Indian pan card?? Whats the Use of an Indian pan card to them??

"Suspected" spies based on prima facie evidence? Says who? Indian authority or Indian media?

Tell me what charge has been filed against the Chinese tourists by Indian authority.

Are they charged with illegally entering India soil or spying in India?

If they are arrested under the charge of crossing the border illegally, why they become suspected spies on newspaper?

I believe the "suspected spy" bit came from the media. I don't know what charges have been filed or if any at all. It will come to light soon. As i have said earlier a few times they probably aren't spies, but India as a sovereign country has every right to do its investigation and then let the Chinese nationals go .

And with risk of going off-topic, I can't believe that the Chinese members here are so outraged at this. Did you guys here about the Rio-Tinto official case in China?. It made the headlines here in Australia and the way you guys handled it, this case in India seems pretty standard procedure to me.
:cheers:

Can we expect apologies in case the people in question weren't spies?

yes definitely,if they proved to b innocent,the govt of India will definitely issue an apology.

But tell me 1 thing,if they r not spies then who r they.

what 3 Chinese tourist in Nepal who have nothing to do with India were doing with an Indian PAN card.

Now the irony is that they have an Indian PAN card with them but no documents,interesting.

I believe the "suspected spy" bit came from the media. I don't know what charges have been filed or if any at all.

LOL, so this prima facie charge of being spies, has come from the Indian MEDIA, and NOT from the Indian government, or the Indian judiciary.

This is the whole crux of the argument. That the Indian media has essentially accused three Chinese people of being spies, without them actually being formally charged under any such crimes.

Then we have Indian members here claiming that it is "self-evident", even though their own Judiciary has not actually charged them with anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom