What's new

China’s Noisy Subs Get Busier — And Easier to Track

Article has loop holes but here is my take on Sino Diesel Electric Subs. Modern Chinese AIP equipped subs are as deadly as any contemporary sub in the world. Yuan is already AIP quipped and has been updated thrice already. Qing is another story. As far as i know, Chinese have been working on AIP tech since early 90s and have invested heavily in this technology alone. The Sino Sterling counterpart has three flavors i.e. 80KW, 120-40 KW and goes upto 200 KW. Song, Yuan and Qing all are equipped with AIP propulsion which makes them extremely difficult to detect due to virtually no noise generated. Pakistan Navy has been in love with Agosta 90Bs for this very reason, AIP subs are silent hunters.

Right, but that dosnt means they are world class as someone claimed. How are they comparable with Virginia class?

The Type 095 is speculated to have vertically launched missiles, reductions in signature (rubber hull, etc). Pump jet porpulsion as well. All those are shared by the Virginia.

The Type 095 is speculated to have vertically launched missiles, reductions in signature (rubber hull, etc). Pump jet porpulsion as well. All those are shared by the Virginia.

These are not the highlighted features, but to have a smaller A1B-like type nuclear reactor is what the Type 095 should be praised.

or,really,h\a US?

---------- Post added at 02:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 AM ----------

HAHA,next time we might not be that polite to show where we are.

A Question

How can you be so sure that USN was not tracking that SUB?

Won't it be advantageous to them if chinese overestimate their capacities?

Suppose chinese think that their SUB won't be detected until they reach within 100miles of US Carrier group but US is able to detect that sub since it entered within 200miles of USN carrier group.This Way US can carry out effective Anti Sub operations.

Won't it be to US advantage to make Chinese believe that their SUB was never detected until it surfaced close to Carrier Group?

Why would US be publicising it's failure in media so prominently?

Virginia entered service in the mid 90's. If Type 095 enters service around 2015, we are behind USA's state-of-the-air by ~20 years, which is where I think China is (same thing was said by PLA general).

Pics?

Wikipedia says 2000, active duty 2004. I worked on that project in mid/late 90's before going back to grad school. I don't think China is 10 years behind. 20 sounds about right. Virginia class was built because Seawolf was too expensive (just like F-22 -> F-35).

Wikipedia says 2000, active duty 2004. I worked on that project in mid/late 90's before going back to grad school. I don't think China is 10 years behind. 20 sounds about right. Virginia class was built because Seawolf was too expensive (just like F-22 -> F-35).

Yep, the Seawolf class is the true pinnacle sub of the USN even according to our military insiders.

The Type 095 class and the Yasen class are aimed for the Seawolf class, not the Virginia class.

I just found the video, but it was already expired. :hitwall:

[?]???????"+pindao+"_??

I was posted in this thread about the succesful test of JL-2A in last year at post #13.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/china-...cbm-succeeded-tests-december-26th-2010-a.html

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

The Type 095 can generate nearly endless of the electric power, this alone makes it a world class technology.

The one at 1:16?

This is the award from last year, Professor Ma is the first guy on the upper left of the pics.

Welcome to Peking University

Thanks to him, we will have our EMALS and our A1B nuclear reactor.

Our future warships will generate the endless electric power, not just the endless steam power like the current nuclear warships.

Why do you Chinese always fight debunking facts? Why can't you ever admit that Chinese weaponry are just vastly inferior to their Russian, European or American counterparts? Troll back again indigenous Indian diesels which are so loud and small, they'll get shot down before they leave sea ports, but don't hide your own shortcomings.

A Question

Suppose chinese think that their SUB won't be detected until they reach within 100miles of US Carrier group but US is able to detect that sub since it entered within 200miles of USN carrier group.This Way US can carry out effective Anti Sub operations.

Won't it be to US advantage to make Chinese believe that their SUB was never detected until it surfaced close to Carrier Group?

By the same token, why would USN publicise so openly that PLAN subs are noisy and easy to track, if indeed that is the case? Publicising this would surely be a wake-up call for the PLAN and cause them to focus on developing better subs.

Would it not be better for USN to keep quiet and let the PLAN continue to think their current subs can remain undetected?

A Question

The answer is in normal circumstance if you spoted an unidentify sub coming toward you or around either you tell them to back off or sink it or force it to resurface there s no other option.The risk is too great otherwise

Why do you Chinese always fight debunking facts? Why can't you ever admit that Chinese weaponry are just vastly inferior to their Russian, European or American counterparts? Troll back again indigenous Indian diesels which are so loud and small, they'll get shot down before they leave sea ports, but don't hide your own shortcomings.

Where are the facts you talking about in the article?

Back
Top Bottom