What's new

China poised to pass US as world’s leading economic power

My comment is self-explanatory.

Why don't you just say you don't have any counter-argument.Sorry mate, don't have the habit of taking anybody and everybody's words for granted.

Bangladesh would have an improved economy if India was not our bloody neighbour.

Someone has correctly said,"A wise man gets more use from his enemies than a fool from his friends".
That being said, stop blaming others for your own incompetence.

Bangladesh would have an improved economy if India was not our bloody neighbour.

I will not go into lengthy debates on this forum since it is not worth it. But just this, I laugh at how unwise you are. You wish for China style development programme, while they wish they could change it. And cry over the things they've done to their people, land and air for it. You are so very eager to make the same mistakes. But it's easy for you, you don't need to give a shit. EU regulations for you!

btw the same report says that India has the third largest GDP (PPP).. :P :P

btw the same report says that India has the third largest GDP (PPP).. :P :P

PPP doesn't matter that much in terms of international comparisons.

Like I said, much of America's economic power comes from the buying power of the USD. They can buy resources and products all over the world just by printing some USD.

When the Indian Rupee was created, it was 1 Indian Rupee for 1 US dollar. Now it is 60, don't you think that is ridiculous? The strength of the dollar comes from its status as the world's reserve currency, and that is why their nominal GDP is so high, it reflects not only their production but the strength of their currency.

But this will change soon. Already the major resource-rich countries like Russia, Saudi, Iran, Venezuela, Central Asian Republics, they are moving away from the dollar. In a decade, the dollar hegemony will be replaced by a more reasonable "basket of currencies".

Other than economic benefits india cant offer anything to china of strategic worth. Perhaps you forgot that why india is arming itself to nails just to keep china at bay.
There is not important any thing beyond Economic worth today and India no where Directly crosses any statergical Issues which are important to china.Secondly Growing Chinese Investment in Indian state Will be very large in Coming future Upto 102 billion next year upto 300 billion in 2020.

There is not important any thing beyond Economic worth today and India no where Directly crosses any statergical Issues which are important to china.Secondly Growing Chinese Investment in Indian state Will be very large in Coming future Upto 102 billion next year upto 300 billion in 2020.

Exactly my point.

In the visable future, I cant find any excuses that China would overtake USA even USA seems going down every year. Basiclly, China is still a country that depends on exporting cheap labour, and the real estate has a too big rate in the whole GDP, even the government have saying "to change the economical structrue", but the effect still could not be satisfied. Actrully, China has no willing to challenge the position of US in the world.

Why are people on this forum so obsessed with China? I thought it's a Pakistani forum
Dont you know the relationship between China and Pakistan?

And why would China prefer you over India Nut logic.Bangladesh have no statergical Importance and Economical importance in Region.they have nothing to offer them rather Lungis:D:D:D
Kindly research on Chinese 'string of pearls' and then talk about the importance of Bangladesh for China.

so its best time i change dollars with yuan ?:-)

The USD is still the world's reserve currency, and oil is still priced in dollars. We are in the process of internationalizing the RMB, for example the Prime Minister of Britain said he wanted to make London an international hub for Yuan trading.

American economic hegemony is due in part to the dominance of the USD, and that dominance still exists today.

That said, the value of the Yuan is on a long-term upward trajectory, and the value will continue to go up. But it will go up slowly, due to it being on a "Managed floating exchange rate". Which means it can only move within a certain small band of values on a day-to-day basis.

The USD is still the world's reserve currency, and oil is still priced in dollars. We are in the process of internationalizing the RMB, for example the Prime Minister of Britain said he wanted to make London an international hub for Yuan trading.

American economic hegemony is due in part to the dominance of the USD, and that dominance still exists today.

That said, the value of the Yuan is on a long-term upward trajectory, and the value will continue to go up. But it will go up slowly, due to it being on a "Managed floating exchange rate". Which means it can only move within a certain small band of values on a day-to-day basis.

It will happen. As China contributes more to world economy on an expanding rate, the RMB will have to become a big currency. It will take some time, but it will be there. Once that time comes, all those nations trading with China will trade in RMB or their own currencies. Which means no longer buying USD. Once that happens, America can no longer afford to print USD and export it's inflation abroad. They will be squeezed. The next 10 years are very important as the trade power moves east.

It will happen. As China contributes more to world economy on an expanding rate, the RMB will have to become a big currency. It will take some time, but it will be there. Once that time comes, all those nations trading with China will trade in RMB or their own currencies. Which means no longer buying USD. Once that happens, America can no longer afford to print USD and export it's inflation abroad. They will be squeezed. The next 10 years are very important as the trade power moves east.

Thank you for the support brother. :china::pakistan:

We can only chip away at the foundations of American global hegemony (economy/USD, military, diplomatic alliances), however we do not need to surpass them in every area.

As long as we can "approach" their power in these respective fields, we will have become a "peer power" to them... and thus successfully challenged their global hegemony.

I hope this will happen within the next 2 decades at least. It will be hard, but not impossible, and its not wrong to set high goals. :cheers:

Thank you for the support brother. :china::pakistan:

We can only chip away at the foundations of American global hegemony (economy/USD, military, diplomatic alliances), however we do not need to surpass them in every area.

As long as we can "approach" their power in these respective fields, we will have become a "peer power" to them... and thus successfully challenged their global hegemony.

I hope this will happen within the next 2 decades at least. It will be hard, but not impossible, and its not wrong to set high goals. :cheers:

Well, like i said, you actually don't have to do anything. Just make sure that the economy keeps expanding at an above 7-8% rate. The rest will come automatically. If we take a look at past 20 years, the change is already here. It always better to have two powers at world stage than just one.

:china:

Back
Top Bottom