What's new

China, Pakistan to deploy warships to safeguard Balochistan port

China will deploy its naval vessels in coordination with the Pakistan Navy to safeguard the Gwadar port in Balochistan and trade under a bilateral trade corridor, according to a media report on Friday.

Besides the joint deployment of warships, Pakistan is considering the purchase of super-fast vessels from China and Turkey for a special squadron to be positioned at Gwadar to secure the deep sea port, an unnamed Pakistan Navy official was quoted as saying by The Express Tribune.

“A squadron may have four to six warships,” the official said on the sidelines of the IDEAS 2016 defence exhibition in Karachi.

The super-fast vessels would be “bought soon” in view of their immediate need in the fleet and two warships had already been deployed at Gwadar, the official said.

The role of Pakistan’s maritime forces had increased since the country made Gwadar operational and expedited up economic activities under the $46-billion China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), the official said.

India has for long expressed concerns about the Chinese Navy’s involvement in the Gwadar port, which is at the heart of the CPEC.

The Tribune quoted another unnamed naval official as saying that Pakistan has kicked off the process of establishing the region’s largest shipyard at Gwadar. A similar ship-building project is being considered for Port Qasim in Karachi.

The two advanced shipyards will design and develop ships and other security equipment for the Pakistan Navy.

“The existing shipyard, the Pakistan National Shipping Corporation, lacks capacity to meet new requirements of the force. Its (PNSC) performance, however, would improve in competition with the two under consideration,” he said.

The PNSC will hand over a large fleet tanker being built in collaboration with Turkey to the Pakistan Navy.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/world...histan-port/story-CvVthH3ZKLyvKYUxiMdHiM.html
Good Luck!!!!

I am sorry to disagree but terrorism isn't the only thing we have to worry about. If only things were that simple but they are not. If West is going to create hurdles for us then we cannot sideline them just because its "The West" we have to prioritize our interests for the better tomorrow and if it hurts Western sentiments so be it.
On what grounds are you assuming that "The West" is going to create hurdles for us? IMF rescued our economy from collapse, not long ago. Do you think that IMF is Chinese?

In addition to economic assistance from IMF, USAID agency is also investing in the civil sector of Pakistan, funding projects that are neglected and/or overlooked: https://results.usaid.gov/pakistan#fy2015

Pakistan has also purchased sophisticated weapons of American origin from time-to-time. From where there spare parts come from? For example, American support has made it possible for PAF to upgrade its aging F-16 fleet.

I understand that Pak-US relations have hit rock bottom at times, but we carried ourselves with dignity through such phases. What we need to do now is to revisit our foreign policy via-a-vis the US, in a positive manner. We do not have any geographical dispute with the US, that we cannot get over with without any compromise.

The lesson we need to learn is to stay away from Cold Wars of other states. 9/11 is an ugly reminder of what can go wrong by embracing the conflict of others without proper foresight. I would cite the example of India in this case, it officially adopted non-aligned posture during the Cold War between the US and USSR.

Pakistan should stay away from the Cold War between US and China at any cost. CPEC is intended for our economic prosperity, and it should stay that way. In-fact, Pakistan has the capability to diffuse tensions between US and China, like in the past.

Sure if they want to be part of it they are most welcome, but i was referring to such intervention, which escapes the short term memory of our "Let's not antagonize US" proponents.
US warns Pakistan over Iran deal
http://www.thedailystar.net/news-detail-143488
And that too doesn't tells us the entire story.

Iran is not sincere in its dealings with Pakistan. The sooner you realize this fact, the better. Have you forgotten Chabahar port project and the Indo-Afghan connection to it?

On what grounds are you assuming that "The West" is going to create hurdles for us? IMF rescued our economy from collapse, not long ago. Do you think that IMF is Chinese?

In addition to economic assistance from IMF, USAID agency is also investing in the civil sector of Pakistan, funding projects that are neglected and/or overlooked: https://results.usaid.gov/pakistan#fy2015

Pakistan has also purchased sophisticated weapons of American origin from time-to-time. From where there spare parts come from? For example, American support has made it possible for PAF to upgrade its aging F-16 fleet.

I understand that Pak-US relations have hit rock bottom at times, but we carried ourselves with dignity through such phases. What we need to do now is to revisit our foreign policy via-a-vis the US, in a positive manner. We do not have any geographical dispute with the US, that we cannot get over with without any compromise.

The lesson we need to learn is to stay away from Cold Wars of other states. 9/11 is an ugly reminder of what can go wrong by embracing the conflict of others without proper foresight. I would cite the example of India in this case, it officially adopted non-aligned posture during the Cold War between the US and USSR.

Pakistan should stay away from the Cold War between US and China at any cost. CPEC is intended for our economic prosperity, and it should stay that way. In-fact, Pakistan has the capability to diffuse tensions between US and China, like in the past.

And that too doesn't tells us the entire story.

Iran is not sincere in its dealings with Pakistan. The sooner you realize this fact, the better.
Its for us to realize who is sincere to us or not it's not the US job. It's exactly the kind of US interference in our affairs which frriendship with other powers such as Russia and China will help us ward off.
Meanwhile this is what being a US ally has cost us in monteray value
‘War on terror’ has cost Pakistan $118bn: SBP

Its for us to realize who is sincere to us or not not the US job. It's exactly the kind of US interference in our affairs which frriendship with other powers such as Russia and China will help us ward off.
Please keep in mind that there is no substitute for our relations with the US, whether you like this or not. Pakistan cannot afford to alienate "The West" irrespective of its dealings with China and Russia.

It is in our interests to maintain friendly ties with Russia, China and the US.

Please keep in mind that there is no substitute for our relations with the US, whether you like this or not. Pakistan cannot afford to alienate "The West" irrespective of its dealings with China and Russia.
Please understand that IR's are never static and no one remains on top. We don't need substitutes for such dysfunctional relation either. We need friends who can help us accomplish our goals without trying to dictate us.

Please understand that IR's are never static and no one remains on top. We don't need substitutes for such dysfunctional relation either. We need friends who can help us accomplish our goals without trying to dictate us.
You keep overlooking examples of American support, do you not?

You keep overlooking examples of American support, do you not?
You keep under looking examples of US TREACHERY, Do you not? In IR's Cost-Benefit rule is applied.

Last edited:
You keep under looking examples of US TREACHERY, Do you not? In Ir's Cost-Benefit rules applies.
Instead of posting silly remarks and wasting my time, recheck my response # 107.

The cost of enmity with the US is too much for us to bear. China cannot do anything about it.

Instead of posting silly remarks and wasting my time, recheck my response # 107.
And instead of getting frustrated at me, don't bother quoting them if the truth is too hard for you to handle.

And what truth is that? Your bullshit?
WoW getting personal now? A clear sign of agitation. Same can be said about the drivel you have been abortively trying for others to accept, No? :agree:

WoW getting personal now? A clear sign of agitation. Same can be said about the drivel you have been abortively trying for others to accept, No? :agree:
I highlighted 3 major areas of cooperation between US and Pakistan. You overlooked those facts, and remain stuck in your mindset. Murghe ki ek tang wali baat.

You advocate friendly relations with Russia but confrontation with the US. So we are supposed to get over our past with Russia but not the US? Isn't this hypocrisy? State-based relations are not, and should never be grounded in emotions. Otherwise, we risk becoming North Korea 2.0; a failed state.

Another sign of hypocrisy is that you reside in The West; namely UK. And yet you are thankless about there hospitality. People like you deserve no respect or sympathy. Allah Almighty also dislikes hypocrites the most.

Last edited:
I highlighted 3 major areas of cooperation between US and Pakistan. You overlooked those facts and stuck in your filthy mindset.

You desire friendly relations with Russia but confrontation with the US. Isn't this hypocrisy? State-based relations are not, and should never be grounded in emotions. Otherwise, we risk becoming North Korea 2.0.

Another sign of hypocrisy is that you reside in The West; namely UK. And yet you are thankless about there hospitality. People like you deserve no respect or sympathy. Allah Almighty also dislikes hypocrites the most.
I also highlighted a lot of valid points but they escaped your understanding "Mein na manoon har wali baat. :p:
IR's are governed by self interests, kindly first educate yourself rather than going all "American analysty" on us. If Russia will help Pakistan secure it's interests then Pakistan should have no problem in extending it's hand and rightly so that's exactly what Pakistan is doing.
Where I live or not is irreleevant, Please dont obsess over me and my traits. The topic is China & Pakistan forging stronger defense ties. Not "let's all comment & discuss" member Djinn......:p:

Last edited:
With all the Injun's rolling in the jungle you both boy's chose to start a conflageration with each other? Get a grip lads ..

Ps. Did your dads not teach yeh not all fingers in the hand are same but all need to work together.

Back
Top Bottom