What's new

China-Pak in MoU to develop stealth variant of JF-17 Thunder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time I checked Kaveri had stopped throwing it's blades around and had completed it's high altitude trials succesfully indicating that it was a platform that could be built upon. Last time I checked we also flew the LCA with a Radar & a paralell AWACS program indicates that we have the capability to fly an AESA. (P.S- Has JF17 flown with a radar yet?)

then why india testing israeli radar and forigen engines and avionics on Lca?

Where have you been sleeping uptill now, JF-17 was part of the recent Exercises High Mark 2010, you have been mastering everything on paper uptill now, we are yet to see an all Indian Operational L-C-A...
P.S- Can you please provide a link of the radar integrated flights? All I can see are options being considered and selected. Thanks in advance. N then we can talk about where LCA stands today.

It's not an israeli radar it's a hybrid radar with an israeli processor. Kaveri aint ready for the jet yet, will fly sometime this year but probably not in production models of Mk 1.

P.S- Can you please provide a link of the radar integrated flights? All I can see are options being considered and selected. Thanks in advance. N then we can talk about where LCA stands today.

DSI & Avionics were integrated in PT-04 which flew back in 2006, It was also part of High Mark Exercises as well, You think we are looking for buyer without Avionics Integration :lol:

DSI & Avionics were integrated in PT-04 which flew back in 2006, It was also part of High Mark Exercises as well, You think we are looking for buyer without Avionics Integration :lol:

We are trying the best Possible for LCA.... LCA works on our Avionics and EW Suit.... Engine and Radar, Its not that India is Sitting with Its hand Folded, we are working on with it, We are miniaturizing AESA radar and have already tested MMR and engine Kaveri, Kaveri provides more thrust than the engine Which powers JF-17, Your requirement is 52Kn but IAF requirement is 92kn, see the difference???

Before making fun of others, Please also provide what Avionics, Engines and Radar JF-17 uses, the so called JOINT fighter aircraft...

Pakistan has not attempted Engines,Radar Avionics or anything... Just the Airframe??? Pity you when you make fun of a Nation who has atleast attempted on that....

An Indian can Proudly look at LCA and call it Indigenous, I challenge you, can you do the same, lets begin then, Iam ready to prove My point

Forgive men for going off topic , but i did not bring LCA into the discussion.

Stealthy version is not a distant dream anymore as technologies are being developed for JXX and some are being tested on J-10b and J-11s. These technologies can be readily accommodated to some extent in JFT stealth version. By the way, JXX is likely to fly late 2011 or early 2012 and avionics, sensor integration is on as of now. We (China-Pakistan) are going ahead in this arena and having explored new dimensions more than once, one has to think where LCA stands today?

:coffee:

You do realise while Pakistan is once again JV with China for this so called Stealth JF-17, Which it self was a JV aircraft. Using Russian Engine , Chinese radar , Chinese Missiles and Chinese avionics.

India on the Mean while is in A JV with the Russians to build an actual 5th generation fighter.

You talk about J-XX inputs in the JF-17 but J-XX is wholly Chinese project. With No Pak Involvement.

FGFA is JV meaning when India can take Inputs from the FGAF whenever it wants to.

So now where is the LCA ,
It is not a JV , it is wholly Indian owned.
We are building an engine(Kaveri finally showing positive signs)
We have built a radar(Only the A2G uses an Israeli processor)
We are building the missiles(Astra)

So LCA exists today using a Foreign engine.

Last time i heard LCA was using foreign Engine & Radar & Kaveri was no where

JF-17 also uses foreign engine.

LCA uses Indian radar with Israeli inputs , the A2A mode was developed In india. Problems with the A2G mode resulted in Israeli help in the form of an Israeli processor.

Kaveri is well on track since last year after successful High altitude tests.

Avionics is Indian
Radar is mostly Indian with some Israeli inputs(processor)

Kaveri will still take time to materialise , to reduce any more delays a foreign engine's will be used until such time that the KAveri is ready

Seriously what is wrong with you Indian's, why do you have to come to every Pakistani thread and derail it. We don't give a **** what the LCA is capable of because this thread is about JF-17, so do us all a favour and piss off with your shananigans, because quite frankly some of us are tired of your interfering.

Yeah right India owned, It was india own when it failed you before, then you put some foreign stuff to make it work, and guess what, it is flying, bravo

You talk about Kaveri engine all the time, even when it is not ready

You have built a radar?? where is it??, you are using Israeli radar

You do realise while Pakistan is once again JV with China for this so called Stealth JF-17, Which it self was a JV aircraft. Using Russian Engine , Chinese radar , Chinese Missiles and Chinese avionics.

India on the Mean while is in A JV with the Russians to build an actual 5th generation fighter.

You talk about J-XX inputs in the JF-17 but J-XX is wholly Chinese project. With No Pak Involvement.

FGFA is JV meaning when India can take Inputs from the FGAF whenever it wants to.

LCA uses Indian radar with Israeli inputs , the A2A mode was developed In india. Problems with the A2G mode resulted in Israeli help in the form of an Israeli processor.

Avionics is Indian

Kaveri will still take time to materialise , to reduce any more delays a foreign engine's will be used until such time that the KAveri is ready

Buddy, look at the history and you will get your answer just why Pakistan avoided the Indian route of reinventing the wheel. We went the smarter way of JV instead of lifting a massive burden of entire manufacturing process in house without having appropriate R&D and necessary resources. The fact is that JFT IS in service because of this strategy today and LCA is NOT. Until it arrives in IAF colors, lets not go into repeatedly discussed details plz..................

Fact is Indians can talk as much as they want in how good the LCA is, but until it is operational, I think its best too pipe down, because at least we have the JF-17 operational with a squadron available. While the LCA is still test flying, it's looks good in paper but in reality its a pile of ****, in which the Indian etablishment royally messed up, but is trying to save face in not looking like a clown and letting down its people.

Last edited:
We are trying the best Possible for LCA.... LCA works on our Avionics and EW Suit.... Engine and Radar, Its not that India is Sitting with Its hand Folded, we are working on with it, We are miniaturizing AESA radar and have already tested MMR and engine Kaveri, Kaveri provides more thrust than the engine Which powers JF-17, Your requirement is 52Kn but IAF requirement is 92kn, see the difference???

Before making fun of others, Please also provide what Avionics, Engines and Radar JF-17 uses, the so called JOINT fighter aircraft...

Pakistan has not attempted Engines,Radar Avionics or anything... Just the Airframe??? Pity you when you make fun of a Nation who has atleast attempted on that....

An Indian can Proudly look at LCA and call it Indigenous, I challenge you, can you do the same, lets begin then, Iam ready to prove My point

You know while you can proudly look at something which is on paper, we Pakistanis can proudly look at something which is not only active in duty but also drawing a lot of attention and attracting international costumers. So let me ask again what Nabil asked earlier......where does LCA stand?
So before you challenge us, at least make sure the jet gets inducted first in the IAF.

It was a genuine question. I have heard that some options have been selected & checking if you have flown your jets with any of them.

For the 1000th time, KLJ 10 which is being used on J10 has been installed on JF17. The antenna size has been reduced because of JF 17's smaller size as compared to the J10. PAF is more than happy with this radar and KLJ 10 beat out its European competitors purely on merit. A friendly suggestion, please go through the JF 17 thread which has been made sticky specially for our Indian friends. Asking the same questions over and over again is getting really annoying, all the queries you have are answered over there. Not only has this plane been flown but it has been put through the grind against the F16's in mock fights and it out bested the F16's in almost every parameter.

Last edited:

Avionics is Indian

just one thing who is not doing JV

JSF-35
euro fighter

and in future there will be more examples

it better to do JV

as product will be in air in years

like JF-17

instead trying to work alone and make product in decades like

LCA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back