What's new

China-Pak in MoU to develop stealth variant of JF-17 Thunder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are none of you reading "reportedly".. reportedly I am dating Katrina Kaif, and have been spotted having ganja with Brad Pitt... that is the value of reportedly without a source. Until an actual announcement is made, where has Aviation week come up with it?.. from Chinese fan boy websites?
Please put reportedly in the thread heading as well to avoid confusion and embarrassment.

Thanks

The stealth project seems contra intutive

a. Modifying existing design to 'stealth' would mean extensive redesign enough to commision a new design altogether
b. Existing aircraft made of aircraft aluminium (fatal design flaw). Creating an all composite design will not be easy/take lots of time. 'Increasing compiste components' as has been claimed for the JF 17 don't mean all composite design.
c. True stealth means internal bay etc. which will mean reworking the design from scratch.

My verdict- maybe future discussions with china on their 5th gen project, increasing 'stealthy' features etc. posiible but Stealth JF 17 = Fanboy talk/ Figment of Imagination/ Wishful thinking...
...& may I add...if true...joke of the century

You obviously don't know anything about airplanes.... A plane with 15% new design can be considered a new plane. Modifying JF17 can also mean anything from a slightly different variant to developing a drastically different new plane.

The only joke of the century is your LCA, not the JF-17.

JF-17 cannot be made stealth but yeah, it can be made stealthy, just like F-15 Silent eagle

You obviously don't know anything about airplanes.... A plane with 15% new design can be considered a new plane. Modifying JF17 can also mean anything from a slightly different variant to developing a drastically different new plane.

The only joke of the century is your LCA, not the JF-17.
Modifying 15 % f JF 17 don't make it a stealth plane. If you modify it enough to put in internal weapons bay just because it has to be a Stealth JF17, it's nothing except a joke. You'd rather come up with an all new design that's aerodynamically capable of being efficient while at the same time capable accomodating 'stealth' features. You can change 15% of the plane to make it 'stealthier' but that's not what the article says does it?

Say whatever...'Stealth JF 17': All I can see is an aircraft aluminium plane with Ram coatings & LGBs hanging outside it neutralizing any advantages that the Flying platform gives, very....'unique'. I find it extremely funny.

JF-17 cannot be made stealth but yeah, it can be made stealthy, just like F-15 Silent eagle

on a seroius note, that nice. JF17 is not a stealth plane and thus you cannot bring out an F22 out of it even if you have billios and billios of dollars!! the main JF will be lost in trying to do so. but as suggested by Join, it can be made stealther. use some radar absorbing materials, reduce RCS via other methods and here you have, a silent version of the bird.

regards!

Modifying 15 % f JF 17 don't make it a stealth plane. If you modify it enough to put in internal weapons bay just because it has to be a Stealth JF17, it's nothing except a joke. You'd rather come up with an all new design that's aerodynamically capable of being efficient while at the same time capable accomodating 'stealth' features. You can change 15% of the plane to make it 'stealthier' but that's not what the article says does it?

Say whatever...'Stealth JF 17': All I can see is an aircraft aluminium plane with Ram coatings & LGBs hanging outside it neutralizing any advantages that the Flying platform gives, very....'unique'. I find it extremely funny.

Throw a jammer on it. Do some composite airframe RAM coating and frontal RCS reduction and combine that with its already small size and you can have fun finding it on radar. I totally see pakistan/china doing this if they focus all their efforts on this aircraft.

That's the point isn't it. As Radar systems get more sophisticated and powerful, the RCS reduction efforts for almost all aircraft will keep going down in value. As long as the LGB and all other materials hanging below the wings keep giving you away, even low RCS planes can get picked out in crucial phases of a mission. Eventually, the only stealth that will be effective is the F 22 type- completely hiding all it's material inside a cloak of extreemely low visibiity.

That's the point isn't it. As Radar systems get more sophisticated and powerful, the RCS reduction efforts for almost all aircraft will keep going down in value. As long as the LGB and all other materials hanging below the wings keep giving you away, even low RCS planes can get picked out in crucial phases of a mission. Eventually, the only stealth that will be effective is the F 22 type- completely hiding all it's material inside a cloak of extreemely low visibiity.

Even the EFT has RCS reduction features. Infact even the F-16 had it. The point isn't to make it stealthy from a ground aspect but stealthy from in a A2A role and with Jammer pods and frontal RCS modifications that is totally possible. If i am not mistaken the Bison achieved that with its israeli-made jammer pod against legacy fighters at red flag why can't the JF-17 do it with a Chinese one ?

It will have stealth after releasing the weapons :D
My thoughts exactly :D, no way we can't detect it when it's coming to war...but after the war...there's no way we can detect it...:lol:. Has it's adavtages you know...we can never claim for sure that we shot them all down....:lol::D

Even the EFT has RCS reduction features. Infact even the F-16 had it. The point isn't to make it stealthy from a ground aspect but stealthy from in a A2A role and with Jammer pods and frontal RCS modifications that is totally possible. If i am not mistaken the Bison achieved that with its israeli-made jammer pod against legacy fighters at red flag why can't the JF-17 do it with a Chinese one ?
If true stealth could be achieved through Jammer pods or similar measures alone, then why go to the effort of building entire jets with all stealth features (F 22)? Any kind of measure other than true absorption/deflection of radar is inherently vlnerable. You develop a tech to jam something the other side will develop something to counter it. But with true stealth, you have to move to a different plane altogether...because there is so little by way of radar reflection as a detection medium, you've gotta look for infra red etc.

Jf-17 is 3x better then Indian Mig21, its nearly comparble to indian Mig 29, and mirages in some Aspacts, i think it will be semi Stealth Version nearly compareable to Eu-thyphon or rafale, to counter Indian Mrca.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom