What's new

China on way to self reliance in 28-nm chips; to attain maturity in 14-mm category as well

you realize that from US data, all of Europe has less than 1/2 the fab capacity of China?
Making wafer is not making chips. Wafer is just disc of a pure silicium. Nothing more. It’s like you say you can make leather however it’s a long way you can turn leather into a shoe.

So how is it? can you answer it now? @Viva_Viet
answered in comment #68

------------
VN have a good relationship wt Qualcomm and Intel and can buy chips easily from them now, Intel chip assembly and test manufacturing facility is also localed in VN, so we simply dont have to waste so much money to invest in making our own chips now.

haha, actually poor and useless guy like u is scam instead. How many houses do u have in Shang hai ?? Zero hahah :lol: bcs u have too poor and usless so, stop talking nonsense abt Vinfast.

No one care abt Chinese semiconductor industry, u guys only buy/steal/copy lithography machines from ASML and still cant make 5nm chips till now and Huawei have to give up making phones bcs Cn failed to make 5nm chips, nothing special abt Chinese semiconductor industry
Erm I have houses in many places except Shanghai mate. If earning 10k plus usd per month is poor by your standards. I have nothing else to say. Lol.

Well the US can't make 5nm chips too, so? There is only One company on earth making those machines. Don't you think you are expecting to much from China? Give us time mate, don't be so pushy, since Vietnam can't even make simple bolts and nuts. Lol

Ah, as u know, VN have a good relationship wt Qualcomm and Intel and can buy chips easily from them now, Intel chip assembly and test manufacturing facility is also localed in VN, so we simply dont have to waste so much money to invest in making our own chips now.

So you mean you dont have good relationship with any car vendor, hence must buy license from BMW?

Because you said you can buy license from Chip fab mfg just like you buy license Euro 4 engine from BWM.

So you mean you dont have good relationship with any car vendor, hence must buy license from BMW?

Because you said you can buy license from Chip fab mfg just like you buy license Euro 4 engine from BWM.
Numb numb doesn't know the difference between test and assembly and fabs. Qualcomm has the largest non US research center in China and Intel has the only Asian fab in China.

Erm I have houses in many places except Shanghai mate. If earning 10k plus usd per month is poor by your standards. I have nothing else to say. Lol.

Well the US can't make 5nm chips too, so? There is only One company on earth making those machines. Don't you think you are expecting to much from China? Give us time mate, don't be so pushy, since Vietnam can't even make simple bolts and nuts. Lol
U earn 10k per month, but u r still employee and own No factory like Vinfast boss. He's a billionare, he bought BMW license and build car factories to produce his own cars. Nothing wrong abt his decision, so pls stop talking nonsense abt VInfast.

US can't make 5nm chips, but they can buy all 5nm chips and forces TSMC stop selling 5nm chips to CN.

Just like u admit There is only One company on earth making those machines, thats why I said there is Nothing special when CN can make 28nm chips bcs US didnt ban CN buying machines to make 28nm chips from ASML.:pop:

whatever, there is Nothing special when CN can make 28nm chips bcs US didnt ban CN buying machines to make 28nm chips from ASML.

I will say congratulation to CN if they can make their own machines to make 5nm chips instead of buying from ASML.

Ah, as u know, VN have a good relationship wt Qualcomm and Intel and can buy chips easily from them now, Intel chip assembly and test manufacturing facility is also localed in VN, so we simply dont have to waste so much money to invest in making our own chips now.

From what I understand, Vietnam does Indeed have a very good relationship with Qualcomm and Intel

Both being excellent companies

whatever, there is Nothing special when CN can make 28nm chips bcs US didnt ban CN buying machines to make 28nm chips from ASML.

I will say congratulation to CN if they can make their own machines to make 5nm chips instead of buying from ASML.

You can't answer that means your argument about why building chip fab by licensing is FAILED.

Nope, you also failed in reading the article; it is about independence means that this 28nm is not using foreign equipment (ASML/LAM/Nikon/etc), but fully indigenous equipment; thats why I am telling you it is only China that reach independence in chip fab, because Taiwan, Korea, even US is also using foreign equipment for chip foundry.

From what I understand, Vietnam does Indeed have a very good relationship with Qualcomm and Intel

Both being excellent companies
Yes, both VN-US know that making chips are very expensive, so we'd better cooperate to make chips together, so we reduce the chips price.

CN is bad guy in making chips they try to copy/steal chips tech instead of cooperating wt the others, thats why everyone (ASML,TSCM, Intel,Qualcomm) hate CN and stop selling 5nm chips to Huawei.

Google trans
---------------
Vietnam is ready to produce 5G equipment

Regarding the difficulties and challenges in the development of 5G chips and devices, Vinsmart representative wanted the TT-TT to facilitate frequency licensing to test 5G equipment because Vinsmart is only a device manufacturer, not telecom operator. Viettel shared that developing 5G chipset is the most difficult problem is high quality human resources; Therefore, it is very necessary that the Ministry of Information and Communications acts as a bridge, establishing a network connecting Viettel engineers with foreign experts and helping Viettel promote 5G chipset products to domestic and foreign partners. .

Experts from the company Global Foundries Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (USA) said that designing a chipset is difficult, requires large investment and high quality human resources. Therefore, in order to develop this industry, the Government needs to create demand and create a market for chip products designed by Vietnamese enterprises. The Global Foundries experts also noted that developing chipsets is very expensive, requiring a large investment. Therefore, companies should not develop independently, but should cooperate with each other.

Deputy Minister Phan Tam highly appreciated the efforts of Viettel, Vingroup, FPT to develop chips and 5G as well as valuable experiences shared by Global Foundries experts. The Deputy Minister assigned the IT Department the task of forming a Vietnamese chipset community, connecting Vietnamese chip companies with foreign chip companies. The TT-TT is also ready to take on the role of connecting and promoting cooperation in the field of microchip development, research, and manufacture of 5G network equipment and chips.
You can't answer that means your argument about why building chip fab by licensing is FAILED.

Nope, you also failed in reading the article; it is about independence means that this 28nm is not using foreign equipment (ASML/LAM/Nikon/etc), but fully indigenous equipment; thats why I am telling you it is only China that reach independence in chip fab, because Taiwan, Korea, even US is also using foreign equipment for chip foundry.
whatever, keep believing making 28nm chips is something special, no one care bcs everyone know CN just simply buy machines from ASML to make 28nm chips.

fully indigenous equipment ?? pls show me that equipment. if u cant, then pls be quiet.

Yes, both VN-US know that making chips are very expensive, so we'd better cooperate to make chips together, so we reduce the chips price.

CN is bad guy in making chips they try to copy/steal chips tech instead of cooperating wt the others, thats why everyone (ASML,TSCM, Intel,Qualcomm) hate CN and stop selling 5nm chips to Huawei.

Google trans
---------------
Vietnam is ready to produce 5G equipment

Regarding the difficulties and challenges in the development of 5G chips and devices, Vinsmart representative wanted the TT-TT to facilitate frequency licensing to test 5G equipment because Vinsmart is only a device manufacturer, not telecom operator. Viettel shared that developing 5G chipset is the most difficult problem is high quality human resources; Therefore, it is very necessary that the Ministry of Information and Communications acts as a bridge, establishing a network connecting Viettel engineers with foreign experts and helping Viettel promote 5G chipset products to domestic and foreign partners. .

Experts from the company Global Foundries Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (USA) said that designing a chipset is difficult, requires large investment and high quality human resources. Therefore, in order to develop this industry, the Government needs to create demand and create a market for chip products designed by Vietnamese enterprises. The Global Foundries experts also noted that developing chipsets is very expensive, requiring a large investment. Therefore, companies should not develop independently, but should cooperate with each other

I agree 100%

The USA and Vietnam should cooperate with one another On this, and many things.

whatever, keep believing making 28nm chips is something special, no one care bcs everyone know CN just simply buy machines from ASML to make 28nm chips.

So you mean you don't care about the truth inspite that the evidence / citation has been given to you? That make you just a mere ostrich ignorant, :laugh:
1620193229475.png

I am not believing, but knowing and acknowledging ;)

fully indigenous equipment ?? pls show me that equipment. if u cant, then pls be quiet.

Please see these indigenous Chinese chip equipment makers :

1620193054458.png

Please see these indigenous Chinese chip equipment makers :

View attachment 740477

pls show the real machines and video clip to prove that those machines can really make 28nm chips. If they can make the machines, then why still have to buy OLD ones from ASML ???
-----------
(Reuters) - ASML Holding NV has extended a deal to sell chip manufacturing equipment to Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corp, China’s largest chipmaker, until the end of this year, the Dutch company said in a statement on Wednesday.

Back
Top Bottom