What's new

China offers to finance 30 per cent of India’s infrastructure development plan

China is the way to go for Indians. Bow before the dragon and the prosperity will be in the horizon.
1482753_635134149885469_1778033407_n-138918893984nkg.jpg

I am talking about gov. budget and not personal savings.

the foreign reserve to debt ratio of India is .74
India's External Debt end-March 2013 - Reserve Bank of India
Which means we have less foreign reserves than the external debt.

Foreign reserves only matters as far as our imports and servicing our external debts go. They are not the necessity for infrastructure development. That money can be mobilized within India from our savings. That is how Reserve Banks mobilize funds for the govt.

The foreign reserves to debt ratio is an entirely different matter and was the result of indiscriminate capital goods import from abroad. That needs to be checked. There are ways to tackle that too.

Last edited:
That sounds like a silly idea to me, but it's their decision. :big_boss:
Don't expect anything till the elections are over, once they are over the new government will have to make the decision to go ahead or reject it.With Modi coming in power i guess you can say chances are likely that china will have good relations with India as he is Pro-Business person.

This is where the Chinese expertise will come into play, their construction and infrastructure process will be highly automated - way more than what Indian contractors usually do. Which parts of the program did you not like?
Still in draft - but there is a point on reconstruction.The plan is old as well. Simple put - take Dharavi for example. There is say 25 sqkm of land filled with single storey shacks or dwellings. It says about replacing every 250 shacks with 2 apartment buildings of 100 flats each. Often the slum dwellers rent out the flats and go back to the shanties. To prevent it happening this time, the shanties will be demolished immediately after evacuation. Also proposed is that the later buildings will be built in Dharavi itself. The land cleared up will be turned into a massive eco park. :)

My issue was that these people are going to be pretty much forced to shift to these apartments. It is the moral thing to do - true, but there is a chance other parties may start playing dirty politics. Dharavi is also unfortunately an industry. There are major gangs that milks these places for funding NGOs, slum tourism etc. :tsk:

That sounds like a silly idea to me, but it's their decision. :big_boss:

So chinese will forfeit the insurance just in case the invested infra is hit upon by chinese missiles?

If yes i will give all future infra projects in Delhi to China. :lol:

Still in draft - but there is a point on reconstruction.The plan is old as well. Simple put - take Dharavi for example. There is say 25 sqkm of land filled with single storey shacks or dwellings. It says about replacing every 250 shacks with 2 apartment buildings of 100 flats each. Often the slum dwellers rent out the flats and go back to the shanties. To prevent it happening this time, the shanties will be demolished immediately after evacuation. Also proposed is that the later buildings will be built in Dharavi itself. The land cleared up will be turned into a massive eco park. :)

My issue was that these people are going to be pretty much forced to shift to these apartments. It is the moral thing to do - true, but there is a chance other parties may start playing dirty politics. Dharavi is also unfortunately an industry. There are major gangs that milks these places for funding NGOs, slum tourism etc. :tsk:

Ha ha you cannot man.! Dharavi is a major political battle ground now. Any move even to talk of demolition, will invite protest starting from the Prince of Wales :P
Many politicians shamelessly say Dharavi is the biggest slum of India. Pathetic.

Simple solution...outsource land clearance to the Chinese as well...theyare experts in it. j/k

Ha ha you cannot man.! Dharavi is a major political battle ground now. Any move even to talk of demolition, will invite protest starting from the Prince of Wales :P
Many politicians shamelessly say Dharavi is the biggest slum of India. Pathetic.

Dharavi is not the biggest slum. That is the Mankhurd-Govandi-Kurla area. Dharavi is a baby in front of this slum.

More than Indians, Chinese are positive about Indian economy and growth prospects.

Thats why they are offering assistance.

Otherwise there are 240+ other countries( incl all weather ones) to choose from to invest these money.
7 pages no comments from "all weather" ones!! And chinese showing support to 'modi' ! you think they are in shock!?

True, but not every slum has an industry, plus there's no point just giving them houses - the scheme should ensure there are schools, hospitals, social service centers, transportation facilities, a police outpost and some industry nearby to employ these people.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom