What's new

China offers to finance 30 per cent of India’s infrastructure development plan

Yep. No one is asking India to give up their sensitive sectors to us anyway. I don't think anyone in the Indian government is that stupid in any case, with the possible exception of Rahul.

We want returns on our money, we don't want it rotting in US treasury bonds. India wants investment, this is pure business based on mutual gains.
:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:
1497508_10152098806478433_1526498762_n-13891891414gnk8.jpg

He intends to build a hi tech city near Ahmadabad, he might involve the Chinese there.
The Chinese are smart. They got the money, we have the demand. It's perfect demand and supply situation. There is a plan in the BJP circles. It is Arun Shourie's plan. If Modi comes to power, there is a high chance it might get approved as a plan. It basically speaks about distributed industrial zones all over the country and not isolated coal, oil etc sectors.
There is only one problem. If it does get approved, India might face a labor shortage as massive infrastructure upgrades are planned.!!! Getting the Chinese in to fill the gap definitely serves our purpose. There is also a Slum alleviation Programme - some parts of it I did not like. :P

More than Indians, Chinese are positive about Indian economy and growth prospects.

Thats why they are offering assistance.

Otherwise there are 240+ other countries( incl all weather ones) to choose from to invest these money.

You can't read it either, what? :P

Is it not in the standard dialect?

It is in some Indian language that I cant read/understand. Unlike China theres many regional languages in India. It is wierd but almost every state has their own language. I give you common example - Punjab has Punjabi Bengal has Bengali Gujarat has Gujarati and HIndi is my mother tongue

Even if the returns are not that high, it is still FAR better than useless US treasury bonds. Any day of any week.

And I have an idea the returns might be very good, since there is a huge opportunity for infrastructure there especially. Might catch a boom.

That sounds like a silly idea to me, but it's their decision. :big_boss:

India has the money to build its own infrastructure. More than that we need to create jobs for our people which wont be possible if China brings its own workers. If it was only money and expertise China was offering and not the labor that come along with it, the govt of India would not have much hesitation except in the sensitive areas.

India has the money to build its own infrastructure. More than that we need to create jobs for our people which wont be possible if China brings its own workers. If it was only money and expertise China was offering and not the labor that come along with it, the govt of India would not have much hesitation except in the sensitive areas.

We have plenty of money too, $4.2 trillion in foreign exchange reserves to be precise.

Yet we still encourage tons of FDI too, and the latest data shows a record-breaking inflow of FDI into China.

But then, we are looking for a higher rate of growth. If India is content with its current rate of growth, nobody is forcing them to accept FDI.

Back
Top Bottom