What's new

China launches new Hefei-Bengbu high-speed railway

Do you have same Railways station for HSR and the traditional Railways. What is the effect on the business of the traditional Railways after the introduction of HSR in China.

It depends, in some cities Railway station are shared. But a lot of these HSR are on complete separate areas, some even in remote areas (HSR needs more land areas), so new stations are built.

In general the traditional lines are not impacted because they are a lot cheaper so more suitable for low-income people. But I heard some traditional trains were cut after the introduction of the HSR and some people complained that it is harder to get train tickets. But I am not in China currently so this is second hand news

The normal line will be free for goods transportation which can lower the local logistic cost in China.

Amazing trains, great pics... :bounce: :bounce:
Good work... :tup:
We need to "copy - paste" infra development from the chinese..! :P :cheers:

Do you have same Railways station for HSR and the traditional Railways. What is the effect on the business of the traditional Railways after the introduction of HSR in China.
The Govt spent a lot on Infrastructure, but still not enough. For example, London Metro takes 70 years, but Shanghai, in 10 years, it reaches to the same number to London level. We need to finish the job with 50 years which it takes west 300 years, its not an easy job. The previous railway will also be improved, and mainly for transporting goods. The train right now is not enough, many companies want to use train to send products but they cant. They have to use trucks which is more expensive. To 2015, the connectivity in China will reach to a new level, the manufacturing will benefit a lot.

Amazing trains, great pics... :bounce: :bounce:
Good work... :tup:
We need to "copy - paste" infra development from the chinese..! :P :cheers:
Its difficult to do it in India, I guess. You need to destroy many people's house and occupy many people's land to get the space, and also, I heard that Tata's stakeholders, oil company's bosses, air line company's directors are all members of Indian congress. They will against the railway project. And unfortunately, no private company can do this since the investment is too huge.

Now this is one of the HSR lines that I particularly want it done as early as possible!!

The 343km long Shaanxi section is scheduled for completion in 2014.

Work begins on high-speed railway in western China

Updated: 2012-10-28 00:34(Xinhua)

XI'AN - Construction work started Saturday on a major high-speed railway in China's western hinterland to promote local economic cooperation and development.

The 643-km-long railway line for passenger transport links Xi'an, capital of northwest China's Shaanxi Province to Chengdu, capital of the southwestern province of Sichuan.

The project will be completed in five years with an investment of more than 40 billion yuan (about 6.35 billion US dollars). The travel time between the two cities will be shortened to three hours from 12 hours currently, after the new railway is put into operation.

The line will have 127 km of tunnels to pass through the Qinling Mountains.

159_112990_07a0356d952b484.jpg

China aims to basically complete the construction of a high-speed railway network with a total operating length of more than 40,000 km by the end of 2015.

Work begins on high-speed railway in western China|Society|chinadaily.com.cn

hefei railway station:
37338203.jpg

auto ticket seller in the station:
102831lucmz0u18izp0fmf.jpg

rails:
113386043_61n.jpg

56742499.jpg

inside of bengbu railway station:
20120214100228929.jpg

Its difficult to do it in India, I guess. You need to destroy many people's house and occupy many people's land to get the space, and also, I heard that Tata's stakeholders, oil company's bosses, air line company's directors are all members of Indian congress. They will against the railway project. And unfortunately, no private company can do this since the investment is too huge.

We are too moving with the plan of HSR on 7 routes but it won't be massive like China.

HSRC to execute India's first bullet train project between Mumbai and Ahmedabad - Economic Times

...lolz ....pants would be appropriate......

great infrastructure leap but where are the people...or is it a remote station on the out skirts???? just curious

passengers are only allowed to waiting the train on the waiting area, take the shanghai south railway statin for example,
122299993.jpg

people are waiting for their train on the second floor, usually above the platform,see the yellow areas with sitting men pictures:
W020100124402420875838.jpg

20090530_17991_3.jpg

when time for departure, the passengers are permitted to enter the platform through elevators or staires to the train due:
W020100124402420871144.jpg

then, it is not easy to see many people gathering on the platform, on the other hand, platform is not a good place for passengers, dangerous:
500_1313121574_3975830.png

as for the arriving passengers, they leave the station generally by the undergorund tunnels, see the yellow routes and red arrows:
W020100124402421191463.jpg

today . most railway stations are designed as trafic hub, connected with bus staion and subway, then it is hard to see passengers appearing on the spots not belong to them.

people are here on the top of the platform:
11021200375eed7ee9b6ee120b.jpg
, compared with the whole view of a railway station
hongq.JPG

you even can see a airplane terminal in the picture near the railway, it is true, shanghai hongqiao railway station is connected to shanghai hongqiao airport.

China's train station are like Int'l airport size....

New Hebeng high-speed railway begins to operate on October 16

Xinhua | 2012-10-16 14:20:12
eb3d9030-1b4b-4f66-a056-a799dfe9c8d0.jpg

Stewards attend the opening ceremony of Hebeng high-speed railway in Hefei, capital of East China's Anhui Province, October 16, 2012. The new Hebeng high-speed railway, which connects Hefei and Bengbu, two cities of East China's Anhui Province, began to operate on Tuesday. The railway covers a distance of 132 kilometers and trains will run on it at a designed speed of 350 kilometeres per hour. Photo: Xinhua

Wow, super modern!

I love the girls, too. :smitten:

Back
Top Bottom