What's new

China launches new Hefei-Bengbu high-speed railway

Trains are being readied for the Beijing-Shijiazhuang HSR opening by the end of the year 2012::coffee:

97f6735fjw1dwx0um0gkmj.jpg

CRH380A and CRH500 parked side by side::coffee:

88f89f49gw1dvyjxlmdaaj.jpg

Why is direct profitability such a big deal. If we consider profitability, then we should not spend anything on military. A faster railway will have huge impacts on economy so there's an overall profitability, even if railway department doesn't get enough ticket sales to cover the cost. Not to mention how convenient it is for over 1 billion people. When talking about profitability, I think we should look into the big picture instead.

A HSR will have little or no comparative economic dividend(HSr is only meant fr troop and civial transport ,i dont see it being used to ferry raw materials), as the similar industries ,aviation, ferries ppl much faster and with a very marginal amount of extra energy per person comparatively.
its more ostensible with larger airliners like the AirbusA3XX.

As for the matter of Profitability, the Indian HSR is predominantly gonna be a public private partnership model ,and profitability directly translates to better service and expansion.
No matter where a system is operational ,if not profitable ,over a period of time it has a definitive tendency to shrink.

private or no private sector involvement in india they're the same delay!

a government is to serve the people not to serve "democracy"

Unlike China our Urban development don't come with extreme exploitation of people of rural areas and we are happy even if cause delays in India.

Unlike China our Urban development don't come with extreme exploitation of people of rural areas and we are happy even if cause delays in India.

always the same indian rhetorics to protect your cheating "democracy" as if we dont know about your government's exploitation, bribery riots and all that!

always the same indian rhetorics to protect your cheating "democracy" as if we dont know about your government's exploitation, bribery riots and all that!

Even then I will prefer to live with it than an authoritarian regime.

Even then I will prefer to live with it than an authoritarian regime.

That is because you are a frog in the well as simply as that

compared to more poor in india than the whole africa contiinent, i dont think we are exploiting our people as much as india agreed?

That is because you are a frog in the well as simply as that

compared to more poor in india than the whole africa contiinent, i dont think we are exploiting our people as much as india agreed?

Look at you ginni index enough to describe your rural-urban divide. Arvind Kejriwal and Anna Hazare are free to criticize government and we are free to follow them but people like Ai Weiwei, Liu Xiaopo are sent to jail and NYT blocked. Clearly visible who lives in well.

Look at you ginni index enough to describe your rural-urban divide. Arvind Kejriwal and Anna Hazare are free to criticize government and we are free to follow them but people like Ai Weiwei, Liu Xiaopo are sent to jail and NYT blocked. Clearly visible who lives in well.

gini index? only becos we have a lot more multi-millionaires and billionaires and are getting rich a lot faster and more than indians. and even though we have a larger population we pull out more of our folks out of poverty than india

the rich and poor gap well be narrowed as more governmental policies will be activated to eliminate the wealth discrepancy

we are free to criticise our government on the net and proper control is necessary to avoid people behaving with wilful intents. China has the world's largest no of bloggers and netizens!

the Chinese dissidents are supported and funded directly or indirectly by the west so dont talk to us as if they are innocent. also China does not have devastating rebellious bloody movements like those happening in india!

and I repeat, not too long ago Assam was in tremendous chaos; and your infamous 600 million plus people live their lives in the dark due to the century blackout and the list just goes on and on - enjoy your "democracy" as you may!

we will never allow individual people with only self interets to disrupt our long term plan of improving the life of billion chinese, if the west dont like it tough sh@t just dont come to china with a begging bowl just like what eu did last year

we will never allow individual people with only self interets to disrupt our long term plan of improving the life of billion chinese, if the west dont like it tough sh@t just dont come to china with a begging bowl just like what eu did last year

We were talking nicely here, only your fellow countrymen brought stupidity in the whole thread.

Indian always boast of India being the biggest democratic country in the world.They say the land acquisition is very difficult in a democratic country like india.So I think India won't have high speed railway before 2030.

Back
Top Bottom