What's new

China Hong Kong SAR: News and Images

That is a sermon knowing that you country has just gunned down a black folk in Missouri again in the wake of a series of violation of human rights:dirol:
If imperialist america has learnt to acquire the knowledge of how to live and let live, then the world will be a better place
Some stones don want to be gems. They want to be as natural as themselves so no friction is required 8-)

I understand your views and the Hong Kongers views as well.

Throughout history people always have reasons to stand up for a cause which they believe will help others or for their injustice. Some see their cause as valid, some don't. Pleople don't protest just for fun or out of boredom.

Most people sit around and do nothing, hoping for change. Few stand up, take action, and make the change.

Throughout history people always have reasons to stand up for a cause which they believe will help others or for their injustice. Some see their cause as valid, some don't. Pleople don't protest just for fun or out of boredom.

Most people sit around and do nothing, hoping for change. Few stand up, take action, and make the change.

People are allowed as much as they want in the world for their protests, sit-ins in Hongkong,
but not in a manner that is severely disrupting the livelihoods of the vast majority of people who are not actively participating with them for more than 2 weeks

when vietnamese protest we are for real. see the news from may and june. these students are a joke. proposing marriage, sleeping on bed in the middle of the road, cuddling, taking selfies. pla is not even needed.

when vietnamese protest we are for real. see the news from may and june. these students are a joke. proposing marriage, sleeping on bed in the middle of the road, cuddling, taking selfies. pla is not even needed.

That is right and people protest and create upheavals that can last for a good length of time because they are not satisfyied with the quality of lives or how they are treated in a society.

Vietnam possesses the right climate to launch a massive protests for a change. Same applies to countries like India, the Philippines, Brazil ... where you can find massive area of slums :o:8-)

That is right and people protest and create upheavals that can last for a good length of time because they are not satisfyied with the quality of lives or how they are treated in a society.

Vietnam possesses the right climate to launch a massive protests for a change. Same applies to countries like India, the Philippines, Brazil ... where you can find massive area of slums :o:8-)
If you look at this protest in short term, yes, it does take a toll in the economy. Stocks here are down. But in long term, this protest, if they were successful, it would benefit not just Hong Kong but China people as a whole.

We Vietnamese-American held massive protest on big issue in regards to human rights for Vietnam, but most of the time we petition to Congress. But since we are ocean apart from our land of origin, changes are slow to reach Vietnam. Although my government (USA), does speak out on our behalf when they do visit Vietnam and we are thankful for that.

I see a lot of Chinese here are anti-American. Is there a reason for this?

China and USA does a lot of business together. Most of everything here are made in China.

I regards to India, Brazil, and Phillipine, they are already establishing democracy in their country. Indian are sentimental and very religious people despite what you have heard from others in this forum, they are very kind hearted people. Their government can't just evict them and bulldozer over their existing homes to built new ones. This process will take time and money. An authoritarian government would have completed this project already, since they would use force rather than persuasion.

Indian are sentimental and very religious people despite what you have heard from others in this forum, they are very kind hearted people. Their government can't just evict them and bulldozer over their existing homes to built new ones. This process will take time and money. An authoritarian government would have completed this project already, since they would use force rather than persuasion.

BBC News - Delhi street vendors evicted before Commonwealth Games

It's right to boycott the Commonwealth Games | Kapil Komireddi | Comment is free | theguardian.com

India: Forced evictions skyrocket due to Commonwealth Games | ESCR-Net

They didn't bulldoze existing homes for new homes.

They bulldozed existing homes and built stadiums that will be used once, for no compensation. Those stadiums also utilized child labor.

BBC News - Delhi street vendors evicted before Commonwealth Games

It's right to boycott the Commonwealth Games | Kapil Komireddi | Comment is free | theguardian.com

India: Forced evictions skyrocket due to Commonwealth Games | ESCR-Net

They didn't bulldoze existing homes for new homes.

They bulldozed existing homes and built stadiums that will be used once, for no compensation. Those stadiums also utilized child labor.
Thank you for sharing this. This is old news. In this case, this is where people would need to speak up or held protest and appeal to their government. Amnesty International have adressed this with India back in 2010. India's democracy in currently only partial as they would have to overcome status quo first.

This following was what the India government addressed
  • ensure that evictions are carried out only as a last resort, and only in full compliance with requirements under international human rights standards;

• ensure that those who have been evicted are provided with adequate alternative housing and/or land to undertake their livelihoods as a matter of urgency;

• ensure that any alternative housing that is provided complies with requirements for adequacy of housing, under international human rights standards; and

• provide all victims of forced evictions with access to effective remedies.
Indian authorities address the growing number of labour rights abuses and violations of labour laws practised by various state agencies and private firms involved in construction activities, despite the efforts of a four-member committee appointed by a directive of the Delhi High Court to monitor such violations. These violations, documented by India’s human rights organizations, included irregular registration, denial of statutory minimum wages, equal payment of wages to women workers and statutory health benefits, poor safety standards leading to deaths of workers in accidents and occasional use of child labour.

Last edited:
If you look at this protest in short term, yes, it does take a toll in the economy. Stocks here are down. But in long term, this protest, if they were successful, it would benefit not just Hong Kong but China people as a whole.

dont worship "democracy" like it is the almighty that can fix everything

as I mentioned in my post a black guy was killed in Missouri after a series of "witch-hunting" like crimes against the black community. How long has the USA been trying to eradicate race discrimnation since G. Washington and fail? And you are the "democracy" of the world?

We Vietnamese-American held massive protest on big issue in regards to human rights for Vietnam, but most of the time we petition to Congress. But since we are ocean apart from our land of origin, changes are slow to reach Vietnam. Although my government (USA), does speak out on our behalf when they do visit Vietnam and we are thankful for that.

so you are saying change is slow or not at all in VN then you, alongside some of the Vietnam-flagged members here are defeating your advocates for the criminals on the streets of HK who are demanding an immediate change to the electoral system while the HK government and CPC are stipulating a gradual progression towards universal suffrage :china::coffee:

Read post #121 please. That was just focusing on the topic in discussion. There are many other things in which China and USA have opposite and conflicting stances 8-)

China and USA does a lot of business together. Most of everything here are made in China

Business is business
Sports are sports
Politics is different - it may cause bloodbath. :o:

I regards to India, Brazil, and Phillipine, they are already establishing democracy in their country. Indian are sentimental and very religious people despite what you have heard from others in this forum, they are very kind hearted people. Their government can't just evict them and bulldozer over their existing homes to built new ones. This process will take time and money. An authoritarian government would have completed this project already, since they would use force rather than persuasion.

There are perhaps more atrocities done in India alone than China
YOu still miss my point. "democracy" is not God!

Again if you allow India, Brazil, the Philippines and as you also claimed Vietnam the patience to change over time then why you are supporting HK criminals to change the system in HK drastically? You are double standard and contradicing yourself.:dirol::tdown:

India has done and is still doing a lot of bad things to its people a lot more than "house eviction" despite its claim of the largest "democracy":blah: :fie::bad:

India's democracy in currently only partial as they would have to overcome status quo first.

I dont think India nor the American presidents will agree to this statement. ;):coffee:

Last edited:
dont worship "democracy" as it is the almighty that can fix everything

as I mentioned in my post a black guy was killed in Missouri after a series of "witch-hunting" like crimes against the black community. How long has the USA been trying to eradicate race discrimnation since G. Washington and fail? And you are the "democracy" of the world?

so you are saying change is slow or not at all in VN then you, alongside some of the Vietnam-flagged members here are defeating your advocates for the criminals on the streets of HK who are demanding an immediate change to the electoral system while the HK government and CPC are stipulating a gradual progression towards universal suffrage :china::coffee:

Read post #121 please. That was just focusing on the topic in discussion. There are many other things in which China and USA have opposite and conflicting stances 8-)

Business is business
Sports are sports
Politics is different - it may cause bloodbath. :o:

There are perhaps more atrocities done in India alone than China
YOu still miss my point. "democracy" is not God!

Again if you allow India, Brazil, the Philippines and as you also claimed Vietnam the patience to change over time then why you are supporting HK criminals to change the system in HK drastically? You are double standard and contradicing yourself.:dirol::tdown:

India has done and is still doing a lot of bad things to its people a lot more than "house eviction" despite its claim of the largest "democracy":blah: :fie::bad:

I dont think India nor the American presidents will agree to that statement. ;):coffee:
There are gangs and violence in this world. You fix one another takes its place. It is an ongoing battle for police. Sometimes mistake happens. We are all just human.

As for the case you presented. It was resolved. The officer was removed from his position. Protester made their point. They showed that unity is power.
Ferguson police chief apologizes over black teen's shooting - Yahoo News

I never said Democracy is God, but it is the only system present that helps protect the people in such within the rules of law and limits the power of government officials. Changes takes time. I am not trying to advocate democracy. I am just defending it. Government officials are not born with the abilities to read our minds. How would they know what we need without asking us or by us telling them? Changes don't happen immediately with protest. It take months or years. There is a process that takes place.

Please read factor effecting democracy in India in the link provided below. I am not that good with India's politics.
Democracy in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think I will stop here. I don't want us to argue over this. Please feel free to ask me anything you like.

Thank you for taking your time out to reply.

Best Regards.

HK: Anti-Occupy voices get louder

It's the 17th day of the Occupy Central movement in Hong Kong. Tensions are rising between pro- and anti-Occupy groups, with several scuffles breaking out between the two camps in recent days. The protests have also disrupted business and daily life, leading more and more residents to call on authorities to clear the streets as soon as possible.

The police continue their operation to clear the protesters' barricades. Early on Tuesday morning, they removed some barriers in Causeway. Westbound traffic has been restored on Yee Woo street, which has been closed down for over two weeks. And hours later, they started clearance in another major street in Admiralty.

At the Queensway street in Admiralty, you can see the police are removing the barricades set up by the protesters. The police say their action is to allow the resumption of traffic here.

The police operation started on Monday, as they dismantled some roadblocks in Mongkok and Admiralty. The officers said they would continue removing barricades in the occupied areas. Many residents say they support the police action.

"These student protesters are too naive," a Hong Kong resident said. "It's illegal for them to occupy the roads. Wherever it is, it's wrong. No matter it's in the US or UK. “

"These young protesters are damaging Hong Kong's economy," Hong Kong resident said. "They are destroying Hong Kong's prosperity, which is created by us older generations.”

As the demonstration entered the third week, the anti-Occupy voices are getting louder. On Monday, dozens of men attempted to remove barricades erected by the protesters near the government headquarters. Scores of cab drivers honked their horns in support of the removal of the barricades. In recent days, several groups have launched different movement to oppose the occupy protests.

One group initiated an assembly to gather people's signatures to demand demonstrators to leave the streets. The group said they will launch a "counter-encirclement" movement to push the occupants out the street if the government does not clear them. :china:

Earlier, Chief Executive Leung Chun-ying spoke to a local TV that the Occupy Central movement has "spun out of control", and the situation could not last long.

The government doesn't want to clear protesters from the streets unless it has to," Leung said. "But if that day does come, the police will use the minimum force required reduce the repercussions as far as possible.We don't want to see young people get hurt.”

Despite the government's repeated orders to disperse, the protesters still vow to stay until they see clear signs of progress. But with the rising anti-Occupy sentiment, many warn more possible clashes between the pro- and anti-Occupy camps. The police have called each side to be calm and rational to avoid violence.

HK retailers report sharp drop in sales

As the protests in Hong Kong continue for a third week, the costs are mounting. What impact will the disruption to business have on the city as a global financial centre and gateway to the mainland?

The scene along Queen’s Road Central; fronting Li Ka-shing’s Cheung Kong Centre ; after police removed barricades at the city’s business district as the protests entered its third week.

In contrast, the barricades are still up leading all the way to Admiralty ; keeping Wanchai’s main roads shut to traffic.

I’m walking along a main thoroughfare here in Wanchai at rush hour - the third Monday since the protest rallies; and the length of this is still blocked from traffic. Head over there in Admiralty and you’ll end up with pitched tents of protestors. These barricades have driven trucks, buses and cars to the side streets over there, causing major bottlenecks and lengthy delays. It has also caused business in the city to slow even more.

A few blocks down along Johnston Road; still none of the usual trams around here. But the roads have remained open to traffic.

While it has helped keep small jewellery shops like these open for business even at the height of the protests; its shop keeper says sales have been hard hit.

What’s starting to look like the new normal in Hong Kong; is beginning to worry those who crunch the numbers. To what extent, depends on how long the disruptions last, says

Raymond Yeung of ANZ’d. He’s become more pessimistic now than when we first spoke to him a week ago.

“In Hong Kong, the fourth quarter GDP contributes significantly or higher than previous quarters. For example on average, 27% of the annual GDP. So anything happens to the fourth quarter will have a bigger impact on the annual growth of Hong Kong. At this stage, I’m still looking at 2.5% GDP growth this year but the chance for me to revise it downwards is much higher than before,” Yeung said.

In nearby Causeway Bay ; where Hennessy Road continues to be blocked by protesters for a third straight week -

It has hurt shops like these; even more. Even before the disruptions began, the jewellery chain already saw a 40 percent drop in sales, as Mainland tourists reduced lavish spending amid Beijing’s corruption crackdown.

Just a few shops away - sales of this pharmacy have plunged 60 percent since the protest rallies, says the shopkeeper. He refused to be interviewed; but shared with us that it has been pretty bad, especially as his shop is located in a tourist area.

Business in Hong Kong had already been sluggish since the start of the year. A prolonged protest raises the specter of an even slower growing Hong Kong in the months ahead.

76dea03a6475b25a74f99aa0ce71ac97.jpg

d231c2668c517099fd3a527820a99a96.jpg

ffaccaa7676b08c9510e99526c697be5.jpg

China and USA does a lot of business together. Most of everything here are made in China.

For a developing country, multi party democracy system is a hindrence.
The road to development is already well proven.

1. One party authoritarian government to ensure political stability
2. Mass manufacturing to absorb the poor masses
3. Low currency to drive export
4. Infrastructure building to facilitate manufacturing and export

Economies that did that.
Hong Kong
Taiwan
South Korea
Singapore
Malaysia
China

For a developing country, multi party democracy system is a hindrence.
The road to development is already well proven.

1. One party authoritarian government to ensure political stability
2. Mass manufacturing to absorb the poor masses
3. Low currency to drive export
4. Infrastructure building to facilitate manufacturing and export

Economies that did that.
Hong Kong
Taiwan
South Korea
Singapore
Malaysia
China
Thank you for letting me know your view @Nan Yang. If people are happy with their government then there is no need for change.

Finally the day came and the west is hailing themselves.
Right now those editors or media and politicians are preparing for the impressive news to present their democracy and rights by impartial and trusted news.And large amount of negative news of HK government and Chinese government is brought about.

Back
Top Bottom