What's new

China Hong Kong SAR: News and Images

Exactly, right to the point. The title is "Can HK break free from China?", now compare with say "Can HK better integrate with China?", which one is more appealing to people in the west? The author should know what can sell to his western readers, after all he is one of them.

Rather than integration, I shall try and twist it to a 'morphogenesis' of China itself into a more liberal setup albeit under 'guidance' of a central figure (organization) for policy formulation, direction and facilitation, a model quite similar to the board of directors and management of a corporate setup and something that suits the governance model for HK at present.

I messed up ... I am saying that China itself is evolving something akin to HK. The consolidation of 'civil' power by Xi Jinping by 'purging' and 'clipping' the military of its role in the politics of the country will alllow a pragmatic and dynamic policy evolution and implementtation allowing flexibility in both International and National policy directives as also strengthen the overall command and control of the party thereby allowing for policy continuation without existential threat.

If my reading is correct, then what we are seeing is a win win situation for China over sustainable period of time.

Rather than integration, I shall try and twist it to a 'morphogenesis' of China itself into a more liberal setup albeit under 'guidance' of a central figure (organization) for policy formulation, direction and facilitation, a model quite similar to the board of directors and management of a corporate setup and something that suits the governance model for HK at present.

I messed up ... I am saying that China itself is evolving something akin to HK. The consolidation of 'civil' power by Xi Jinping by 'purging' and 'clipping' the military of its role in the politics of the country will alllow a pragmatic and dynamic policy evolution and implementtation allowing flexibility in both International and National policy directives as also strengthen the overall command and control of the party thereby allowing for policy continuation without existential threat.

If my reading is correct, then what we are seeing is a win win situation for China over sustainable period of time.

We're already in good hands aka "ONE COUNTRY TWO SYSTEM"
http://www.basiclaw.gov.hk/en/publications/book/15anniversary_reunification_ch1_1.pdf
We're the top 5 cities on the planet earth for a reason
"Pearl of the orient" title doesn't grow on trees, my friend

We're already in good hands aka "ONE COUNTRY TWO SYSTEM"
http://www.basiclaw.gov.hk/en/publications/book/15anniversary_reunification_ch1_1.pdf
We're the top 5 cities on the planet earth for a reason
"Pearl of the orient" title doesn't grow on trees, my friend

You missed my point I guess? It was on evolution of Chinese administration and system of governance into something that suits HK ...

Just like Communism has metamorphosed into something unique to China unrelated to communism elsewhere.

You will, in fact, be able to say one china one system soon enough (ignoring formosa)

For clarity, I'm personally from and born in HK. I don't know who this Pascal-Emmanuel Gobry guy is, but half way reading this article I can tell this guy have a lots of misinformations about HK. For one thing, if he wants to write something about "accidents" and "disappearing", please do some researches first. Lam Wing-kee was arrested in mainland China when he was visiting his mistress due to "selling illegal books" and "illegal managing business". Moreover his side of the story have many plot holes and he even later admitted that he made "mistakes" on the story itself. It was all over in the news in HK. Furthermore, I would like to ask this Pascal guy: What accidents was he talking about? Well, you may able to fool someone who know nothing about HK as a propaganda, but for us who live in HK and love this place, please at least make a list so we can discuss if those accidents were actually done by the hands of evil CCP.
One country and two systems by definition is "After China resumes the exercise of its sovereignty over Hong Kong in 1997, Hong Kong's current social and economic systems will remain unchanged, its legal system will remain basically unchanged, its way of life and its status as a free port and an international trade and financial centre will remain unchanged."
China has recently been cracking down. In 2014, a decision by the Chinese Communist Party to start vetting candidates for elections prompted the "umbrella movement,
Does he ever know we were never able to elect our own Governor back as a Colony? The HK chief executive election is the new framework and granted by the PRC Constitution, it clearly has nothing to do with the violation of One country and two systems. If he were right then HK should have never given a chance to elect our own leader due to our system will remain unchanged. Moreover, every country has its own unique method and requirement for Candidate nomination in order to ensure the national safety and increase the efficiency during election, but what "Umbrella movement" wants is no restrictions and requirements at all, that is very dangerous and costly. I doubt any Western democratic country would adopt that type of system. Moreover, I think Pascal has never heard of Special Branch of Royal HK police before 1997. "Historical liberties" is a beautiful word, but is expendable before national safety. Be realistic, it will always happen, no matter before or after 97.
Lastly, HK independent is always a joke no matter you like it or not. Most people who support that are either naive or have insidious intention. What would we actually gain after independent? Nothing but severe economic recession and bloody hell. Not to mention, most of our food and daily necessity are imported from mainland China and we can't stay as financial centre without the big Chinese market. Let's face the truth, those Legco's candidates who promote HK independent for office are only using those young voters for their own benefits, like high salary and bonus, not the welfare for the future generation. Not to mention, people who support HK independent are mostly teenagers or young people who have very few social experiences, which make them the easy prey to target since they are immature and irrational. At the end, this is not really about authoritarian government of Xi Jinping like this article suggested, but the same trick that used in Kiev, where to stir up troubles and create social unrest in HK, and eventually lead to massive foreign investments withdraw in both HK and China.

Last edited:
Utterly, useless thread...intended by hateful minds to sap away our energies from positive and constructive discourse.

The thread must be closed or moved to indian section where they can have a field day with it.

At least China Section must remain clean from such filth.

@waz , kind friend, could you please close this silly thread.

Many thanks!

We already voted in the last HK General Elections, and the pro-Beijing camp won the overwhelming majority of the votes (including mine). :lol:
Heard it was overwhelming 80% support pro Beijing side.

This is what happened when someone like you basically knew nothing regarding HongKong, we happened to be top rated city in freedom of almost whatever you name it
We've the rights to vote, and our next big election will held as soon as next week, so please spare us your "Democracy" craps, we don't vote according to money given like how your beloved heavenly country voting system works

Oh btw, please stop exporting us your bananas and domestic helpers as well since we're the "EVIL COMMUNIST" thats on your hate list, Thank you for your kind attention due to this matter

The last time Beijing halted banana import for two weeks and PN cave in. I cannot imagine if they stop importing for one month.
Even with this "evil communist" label , flipinos, Indonesians, Vietnamese , Indians are illegally coming into HK everyday. Yeah, this communist HK is so bad that these people don't want to leave and go back to their democratically elected country
:enjoy:

Friendly reminder to all.

I have deleted 5 posts that are off-topic.

Keep the discussion civil and stay away from insults.

@Sinopakfriend ,

Your concerns are noted.

In the interest of free speech, I will keep it open a while longer. Anyway, this thread is coming to the end of its life.

PressTV: Anti-China protesters rally in Hong Kong

http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2016/11/06/492396/Hong-Kong-China-protest-rally-Yau-Leung

0b39b5d1-da3a-4f3f-87da-fa9d667a247e.jpg

A demonstrator carries a former colonial Hong Kong flag during a protest against what pro-independence protesters see as Chinese interference in local politics, in Hong Kong, November 6, 2016. (Photo by Reuters)

Pro-independence protesters have taken to the streets in Hong Kong to condemn Chinese control over the semi-autonomous region.

The demonstrators on Sunday marched to the city’s court of final appeal and the Chinese liaison office while carrying banners that read, “Chinese law interpretation tramples on Hong Kong people.”

“Hong Kong has its own legal system, it should not be controlled by Chinese authorities,” said a participant in the rally.

The Sunday rally came after Beijing said it would decide on whether two newly-elected Hong Kong lawmakers, who have advocated a split from China, would be allowed to enter the Legislative Council (Legco) in Hong Kong.

Last month, Baggio Leung and Yau Wai-ching called for Hong Kong’s independence from Chine during their oath-taking ceremony, causing a constitutional dispute between pro-Beijing and anti-Beijing camps in Hong Kong.

Yau and Leung, who won seats in citywide polls in September, are yet to be sworn in to the Legco, as their oath attempt was declared invalid when they draped themselves in banners that read, “Hong Kong is not China” and changed the wording of their formal oaths by using offensive terms and expletives.

The local government said on Friday that Beijing had notified Hong Kong authorities that China’s top legislative body would discuss a law that states council members must swear allegiance to the “Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China.”

The legislative body is expected to announce a decision on the matter on Monday.

Hong Kong’s legislative, executive, and judiciary bodies are already separate from and independent of China, and Beijing only maintains authority in defense, foreign affairs and constitutional disputes.

2307af55-0509-4f75-8222-70588e712196.jpg

Pro-independence lawmakers Yau Wai-ching, 25, (L) and Baggio Leung, 30, (R) hold a press conference at the Legislative Council in Hong Kong, November 4, 2016.(Photo by AFP)
Yau and Leung have said the interpretation would deal a “lethal blow” to the city.

Hong Kong was returned by Britain to China in 1997 under a deal that granted the city a semi-autonomous status.

The Monday ruling by China’s top legislative body, China’s National People’s Congress Standing Committee (NPCSC), would mark the fifth time since the handover that Chinese authorities have interpreted Hong Kong’s constitution.

Yau and Leung have called the chairman of the NPCSC and the city’s leader “traitors to Hong Kong.”

Sorry to disappoint you, those US NGO backed criminals were all crushed before the they able to see the sunlight next morning, try getting your orgasm next time perhaps?:rofl:

This protest rally story seems to only be reported by typical biased "Eastern" media so it probably isn't legit. Plus nobody trusts RT as it is probably fake staged footage. Eastern media is full of false stories.

Last edited:
HK police arrest two protesters for obstruction of police duties in illegal rally
Source: Xinhua 2016-11-07 01:01:53

HONG KONG, Nov. 6 (Xinhua) -- China's Hong Kong police arrested two protesters Sunday evening for obstruction of police duties and failure to provide their personal identifications in an illegal rally against China's top legislature's interpretation of the Hong Kong Basic Law.

A senior superintendent of the Hong Kong Island Regional Headquarters told the media that the police arrested the two males outside the central government liaison office in Hong Kong.

Thousands of protesters gathered outside the liaison office Sunday evening after participation in a march in the afternoon to protest against the Basic Law interpretation.

The police officer said the rally outside the liaison office was not permitted and condemned the protesters who used bricks and bamboo sticks to attack the police.

The protesters occupied and blocked the Des Voeux Road West to the south of the liaison office, pushing the police's iron fences with umbrellas and sticks.

The police used pepper spray to disperse the protesters.

Two legislators-elect of Hong Kong's sixth Legislative Council (LegCo) deliberately used curse words insulting the Chinese nation and the country when reading the oath on Oct. 12. Their oath was not accepted by the LegCo's oath supervisor.

While whether they deserve a second chance to take oath is widely debated, Hong Kong people from all circles have criticized and condemned the two.

Senior members of China's top legislature on Friday heard a report on a draft interpretation of Article 104 of the Hong Kong Basic Law which rules that the LegCo members must swear to uphold the Basic Law and swear allegiance to the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (SAR) of the People's Republic of China.

The liaison office's director Zhang Xiaoming met with about 200 Hong Kong's delegates to the National People's Congress and members of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference on Sunday to notify them the top legislature's incoming interpretation of the Basic Law.

Zhang noted that the central government holds a clear and firm stance to contain the spread of "Hong Kong Independence" by taking effective measures in accordance with law.

The central government will not allow pro-independence advocates to become LegCo lawmakers, Zhang stressed.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2016-11/07/c_135810019.htm

Carrying the flag of Union Jack,these people deserve to be colonial slaves of master, never dared to ask to vote to select the governor. They are so desperate, what can they do? Ask British to send ships to do third opium war? the good days for those parasites are over, let them jumping up and down, enjoy the show

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom