What's new

China forces Al Jazeera to close Beijing news bureau

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miss Chan left China for the United States, where she has been offered a Knight Fellowship at Stanford University.

Isn't this suspicious? Perhaps an agent provocateur.

Half of your rich want to run off to the US . Are the they all " agent provocateur's"? Half your Chinese posters here are in the US studying in some university or the other , are they too agents?

Only the Chinese will gloss over what the documentary was about- in their effort to be the first to earn that 1 cent.

I've never met a culture , race and people that so oblivious to common decency of human rights for its OWN PEOPLE!

Half you rich want to run off to the US . are the they all " agent provocateur's"? Half your Chinese here are in the US studying in some university or the other , are they too agents?

Only the Chinese will gloss over what the documentary was about- in their effort to be the first to earn that 1 cent.

I've never met a culture , race and people that so oblivious to common decency of human rights for its OWN PEOPLE!

You need a large magnifying glass to look into direst state of your own country!

And all the Chinese here will howl bloody murder if someone was to suggest his country does the same for Chinese.

tell me about the application of agent orange on your fellow vietcongs!

You need a large magnifying glass to look into direst state of your own country!

My country is the US , my heritage is India. Both countries don't have GOVEREMENT sanctioned selling of organs of its citizens nor use of slave labor by prisoners like in china and Chinese jails.

BBC NEWS | Asia-Pacific | China 'selling prisoners' organs'

These are your own people you D ____ A___. your own brothers and sisters you guys treat worse than Dogs! ~ well bad analogy , but get the jist

China has evolved a lot. She is the first one since 1998, which tells you that there must be something especially wrong with her too. If she was a spy, they are justified in ejecting her. They didn't close down Al Jazeera, Al Jazeera left on its own.

Would you Chinese boys support this for all the blacks in China? Or is this for whites and us 'inferior' Asians only?

no one in China will call you "inferior" like what you may have experienced in your adopted country. we treat Vietnamese as our distanct relatives until you guys play havocs on us and the relationship turns sour. even that, no one of us is seeing you as 'inferior"; same applies to Filippinos!

Half of your rich want to run off to the US . Are the they all " agent provocateur's"? Half your Chinese posters here are in the US studying in some university or the other , are they too agents?
May be we should treat non-US citizens Chinese as such...

4 men arrested for credit card fraud | ksl.com
Centerville police say four men believed to be Chinese nationals have been arrested for a credit card scam that racked up more than $50,000 in illegal charges.

American Express says the total amount illegally charged to the stolen account is between $50,000 and $60,000.

The following suspects were booked into the Davis County Jail on charges of unlawful acquisition of a credit card:

Yazhen Li, age 26, of San Gabriel, Calif.
Zheng Yuan, age 25, unknown residence
Mingyu Jin, age 21, of Monterey Park, Calif.
Chenglong Kong, age 23, unknown residence

My country is the US , my heritage is India. Both countries don't have GOVEREMENT sanctioned selling of organs of its citizens nor use of slave labor by prisoners like in china and Chinese jails.

BBC NEWS | Asia-Pacific | China 'selling prisoners' organs'

These are your own people you D ____ A___. your own brothers and sisters you guys treat worse than Dogs! ~ well bad analogy , but get the jist

no one in the world has seen as severe as the state of the oppression of a government on its people as india where over 1/3 of their land are under civil war military tensions!

no one in China will call you "inferior" like what you may have experienced in your adopted country. we treat Vietnamese as our distanct relatives until you guys play havocs on us and the relationship turns sour. even that, no one of us is seeing you as 'inferior"; same applies to Filippinos!
May be YOU have never set foot outside your female scarce town in China, but do not presume no one here have never been to China and experience their own Chinese racism there.

one only needs to see some of the VN threads to realize the rubbish you're spewing.

May be we should treat non-US citizens Chinese as such...
4 men arrested for credit card fraud | ksl.com

show me the same complete record classified by ethnic diversity then it will easily nullify your targeted prejudice on Chinese!

May be YOU have never set foot outside your female scarce town in China, but do not presume no one here have never been to China and experience their own Chinese racism there.

I have travelled 1/3 of the world troll no one will call you "inferior" in China until you act like one!

show me the same complete record classified by ethnic diversity then it will easily nullify your targeted prejudice on Chinese!

I have travelled 1/3 of the world troll no one will call you "inferior" in China until you act like one!

Racism Against Black People in China

Racism against black people may be the strongest form of racism in China.

Many families in China would be horrified if their son or daughter married a black person. Some would even disown them outright.

It can be difficult getting a job teaching English in China if you are black. This is because of the perception of many people in China that only white people are ‘true Americans’ or ‘true English’ people.

Sadly, it’s often easier to get a job teaching English in China as a white person from a country where English is not a native language than as a black person from a country where English is the only native language.

Many people in China think most black people play basketball and are violent. If you are black, many people from China will perceive you as African. If you are not, you will have to repeatedly explain that you are from another country.

The most common slur against black people in Chinese seems worse than that used for white people – “black ghost” vs. “old ghost”. Many people in China also assume that if you are black, you have very little money.

Racism against blacks in China is also strongly linked to the class divisions and racism that exists within Chinese society. This is not a justification for racism against blacks in China, but for thousands of years Chinese people of lighter skin looked down upon those of darker skin, who often could not afford to be anything other than a peasant farmer.

Racism Against Other Races in China

Though racism in China is strongest against black people, there is a general relationship that determines how foreigners are seen by many people in China: The darker your skin, the more racism you will experience.

No matter where you grew up, if you are not white it will be tougher to get a job teaching English in China.

Racism against Japanese People in China

Leading up to, during, and following World War II, Japan committed many atrocious acts in China and much of the Pacific Rim (with Korea also suffering greatly). This is something that should be redressed by Japan, and not ignored.

However, two wrongs do not make a right – and racism against Japanese people in China is wrong.

Some children in China are taught hate songs against Japanese people in elementary school – and history books in China that deal with Japan focus almost exclusively on the terrible things Japan did around World War II, ignoring much of Japan’s recent history.

The fact that Japan is now a mostly pacifist country is not part of the general awareness of a person who grows up in China. Instead, the popular conception of Japan in today’s China casts Japan as a huge and dangerous threat.

There also seems to be more slurs against Japanese people than against any other group of people.

Subtle Discrimination in China – Starring, Hello, Talking, and More

Subtle discrimination in China is prevalent. Whether it be the obnoxious ‘hello!’ that gets shouted at your back, the constant staring, or the tendency for many people in China to immediately begin talking about foreigners or stories having to do with foreigners upon seeing them, subtle discrimination or at least ignorance is widespread in China.

Racism Against Minorities Within China

Racism doesn’t only extend to foreigners within China – it also extends to its own people. People from Tibet and virtually all Chinese ‘minorities’ are seen as backwards and in need of a helping hand to enter the modern world.

Those from Xinjiang province are often looked down upon as thieves – children are especially vilified, since they are all looked at as thieves. And Xinjiang people are often harrassed by the cops.

‘Classism’ Against Chinese People

You don’t have to be of a different race to be discriminated against in China. People in China often treat those they perceive as belonging to a lower class quite poorly.

Racism Doesn’t Exist in China!

If you ask a person in China whether racism exists, you may well be told that it does not exist, and that they respect people of all countries and colors. But dig a little deeper, ask questions such as ‘what do you think of black people’ or ‘what do you think of Japanese people’, and the answers that come back are often racist.

How the average Person in China Perceives Racism

Chinese people who believe there is racism in China often see it as a racism-against-blacks-only kind of phenomenon. It is clear that racism in China is strongest toward black people, however to believe that this is the only form of racism in China is almost as silly as believing that there is no racism at all.

no one in the world has seen as severe as the state of the oppression of a government on its people as india where over 1/3 of their land are under civil war military tensions!

Is this your Chinese masters brainwash you with? You probably were the driver who drove over the child on the street and went I'm helping the motherland with population control! These are your people, not our people, being brutalized by govt sanctioned , not some rogue security or criminal or way ward citizen of china RATHER by govt sanctioned brutalities

Racism Against Black People in China

Racism against black people may be the strongest form of racism in China.

Many families in China would be horrified if their son or daughter married a black person. Some would even disown them outright.

It can be difficult getting a job teaching English in China if you are black. This is because of the perception of many people in China that only white people are ‘true Americans’ or ‘true English’ people.

Sadly, it’s often easier to get a job teaching English in China as a white person from a country where English is not a native language than as a black person from a country where English is the only native language.

Many people in China think most black people play basketball and are violent. If you are black, many people from China will perceive you as African. If you are not, you will have to repeatedly explain that you are from another country.

The most common slur against black people in Chinese seems worse than that used for white people – “black ghost” vs. “old ghost”. Many people in China also assume that if you are black, you have very little money.

Racism against blacks in China is also strongly linked to the class divisions and racism that exists within Chinese society. This is not a justification for racism against blacks in China, but for thousands of years Chinese people of lighter skin looked down upon those of darker skin, who often could not afford to be anything other than a peasant farmer.

Racism Against Other Races in China

Though racism in China is strongest against black people, there is a general relationship that determines how foreigners are seen by many people in China: The darker your skin, the more racism you will experience.

No matter where you grew up, if you are not white it will be tougher to get a job teaching English in China.

Racism against Japanese People in China

Leading up to, during, and following World War II, Japan committed many atrocious acts in China and much of the Pacific Rim (with Korea also suffering greatly). This is something that should be redressed by Japan, and not ignored.

However, two wrongs do not make a right – and racism against Japanese people in China is wrong.

Some children in China are taught hate songs against Japanese people in elementary school – and history books in China that deal with Japan focus almost exclusively on the terrible things Japan did around World War II, ignoring much of Japan’s recent history.

The fact that Japan is now a mostly pacifist country is not part of the general awareness of a person who grows up in China. Instead, the popular conception of Japan in today’s China casts Japan as a huge and dangerous threat.

There also seems to be more slurs against Japanese people than against any other group of people.

Subtle Discrimination in China – Starring, Hello, Talking, and More

Subtle discrimination in China is prevalent. Whether it be the obnoxious ‘hello!’ that gets shouted at your back, the constant staring, or the tendency for many people in China to immediately begin talking about foreigners or stories having to do with foreigners upon seeing them, subtle discrimination or at least ignorance is widespread in China.

Racism Against Minorities Within China

Racism doesn’t only extend to foreigners within China – it also extends to its own people. People from Tibet and virtually all Chinese ‘minorities’ are seen as backwards and in need of a helping hand to enter the modern world.

Those from Xinjiang province are often looked down upon as thieves – children are especially vilified, since they are all looked at as thieves. And Xinjiang people are often harrassed by the cops.

‘Classism’ Against Chinese People

You don’t have to be of a different race to be discriminated against in China. People in China often treat those they perceive as belonging to a lower class quite poorly.

Racism Doesn’t Exist in China!

If you ask a person in China whether racism exists, you may well be told that it does not exist, and that they respect people of all countries and colors. But dig a little deeper, ask questions such as ‘what do you think of black people’ or ‘what do you think of Japanese people’, and the answers that come back are often racist.

How the average Person in China Perceives Racism

Chinese people who believe there is racism in China often see it as a racism-against-blacks-only kind of phenomenon. It is clear that racism in China is strongest toward black people, however to believe that this is the only form of racism in China is almost as silly as believing that there is no racism at all.

Do I have to waste the time again to remind you about india's internal racism on your own people because they are women, of under caste, of minority and minority beliefs?

Likewise I won't spend my time until I want to looking for the abundant cases of racism in your Master state - USA!

Am only trying to emulate the Chinese attitudes here.

I can remember when I accompanied a sales rep (SCP Global Tech) to several Chinese semicon buyers, some of them would not deal with me because I was a Viet. We had an install engineer who was from Jamaica but is US-borned and he experienced similar treatments from both Chinese businessmen and government officials. You can try to spin your country's racism into something more palatable back in your playground but that will not work here.

Do I have to waste the time again to remind you about india's internal racism on your own people because they are women, of under caste, pf minority and minority beliefs?

sure you can , but I _ _ _T . The reply was to your assertion. None of what happens in India is GOVERMENT SANCTIONED! … like in China. Know the difference :rofl:

what you don't get it is , yes racism is in every country but you claim here none of that happens in China. You won't find us as citizens of our respective countries saying no it does not happen , you won't find us making excuses for brutal acts by our govt, if any existed , like Chinese govt on its people.

Like I said , if the Chinese govt sanctioned driving over that little child in your market- you would hail it as a great population control method.

I've not met such browbeaten , subservient people to its govt like you guys... It's brutalities against YOUR OWN PEOPLE, my man! Do you get it? seems you folks have no self respect for your own race and people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom