What's new

China fears India backing Japan as tussle escalates. (Feeling the heat?)

WHITESMOKE

Reaction score
BEIJING: Chinese officials are worried that the growing relationship between India and Japan, its main rival, is meant to contain and counter it. This revelation comes from two Chinese experts at a time when China is engaged in a serious conflict with Japan over the Diaoyu Islands.

"India's border disputes with China have yet to be resolved, therefore it views a stronger relationship with Japan as a way to counter balance China's growing influence in the Asia Pacific region," the experts said in an article published by the government owned think-tank, China Institute of International Studies.

As its dispute with Japan escalates, China seems worried India will throw its weight in favour of Tokyo. India and Japan "share much strategic common ground" on China, the article authored by Zhang Guihong, a professor at The Institute of International Studies in Fudan University in Shanghai and Qiu Changqing, a doctorate student in the same university, said.

"The deepening relationship between India and Japan comes from a lack of visible conflicts as well as the two nations sharing similar views on global affairs," it said.

The Chinese foreign ministry had earlier accused India of trying to counter balance China when ONGC entered into oil exploration along with a Vietnamese company in an Island that China claims as its own. In a rare show of frankness, the experts admitted that China has been throwing its weight in areas around India as part of a strategic game.

"In recent years, China keeps displaying its power around India exemplified by the construction of ports in countries such as Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Myanmar," the article said. "China also works to establish maritime connection with Maldives, Seychelles, Mauritius, Madagascar and so on; making India uneasy". India seeks to contain China because it feels "disappointed and threatened" by Chinese economic growth, the authors said.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems China feeling too much heat.

BEIJING:

"India's border disputes with China have yet to be resolved, therefore it views a stronger relationship with Japan as a way to counter balance China's growing influence in the Asia Pacific region," the experts said in an article published by the government owned think-tank, China Institute of International Studies.

As its dispute with Japan escalates, China seems worried India will throw its weight in favour of Tokyo. India and Japan "share much strategic common ground" on China, the article authored by Zhang Guihong, a professor at The Institute of International Studies in Fudan University in Shanghai and Qiu Changqing, a doctorate student in the same university, said.

"The deepening relationship between India and Japan comes from a lack of visible conflicts as well as the two nations sharing similar views on global affairs," it said.

This Chinese Think Tank need not be worried, we will probably stay neutral as usual

Unless the situation gets extremely serious ie all-out conflict I don't see any reason for India to get involved nor for the Japanese to even ask for such assistance-Japan is a mature and capable nation who is capable of defending itself. India will stay true to it's non-alligned mantre unless the sitution goes into crisis.

I think my eyes are failing me again, I just couldn't find the word fear in the article nor do I sense that fear. :frown:

But you're supposedly Singaporean?

Why not China accepts current LAC as border and be done with it. One cannot expect to change the border when after 65 years there is absolutely zero sign of any eagerness of north east to join China. If no one is interested to join China, why keep the issue open.

Unless the situation gets extremely serious ie all-out conflict I don't see any reason for India to get involved nor for the Japanese to even ask for such assistance-Japan is a mature and capable nation who is capable of defending itself. India will stay true to it's non-alligned mantre unless the sitution goes into crisis.

But you're supposedly Singaporean?

What has being a Singaporean to do with what I said? You sound like a Singaporeans should have 20/20 eye sight.

Why not China accepts current LAC as border and be done with it. One cannot expect to change the border when after 65 years there is absolutely zero sign of any eagerness of north east to join China. If no one is interested to join China, why keep the issue open.

is ths somekind of black mail??? :lol:, that's not the way to solve the border...definely not.

Instead of fear, word "anger" should be there. India should consider things seriousl;y and remain neutral. If we don't then we shouldn't expect China being neutral if dispute between India and Pakistan get worsens.

India should realize that China is the country which can successfully mediate between India and Pakistan as far as economic policies are concerned and keeping border disputes to be minimum as all three countries need ease regarding this for their economic development.

India should ask China's support for our neutrality regarding Japan dispute. Win-win for both and would be a good confidence-building measure.

We would be stupid if we dont back Japan .
With a country such as China we should play the tit for tat game .
They support Pakistan against us , so naturally we must support and back Japan against them ;)
things have changed a lot. Don't we already do military exercises with these SCS nations. Don't India already building A&N base for monitoring SCS & Chinese trade route.

Instead of backing any party, we should rather show support for diplomatic solution for this. going against China will push them to support Pakistan more, especially in economic sense, which is badly needed for Pakistan. We have improved our relations with China a lot and loosing this ease for a third country will be plain stupidity.

We should rather be selfish and consider our national interest first. Japan already has backing of US which is bound to help Japan in any case of confrontation.

I think statement is wrong , when say growing relation between India and Japan. Japan has been in India since Maruti. But India will never lose the opportunity to let down china on diplomatic floor.

I think my eyes are failing me again, I just couldn't find the word fear in the article nor do I sense that fear. :frown:

This "fear" is in a different sense. It's like me saying, "I'm afraid it will rain tomorrow". That does not mean I'm scared of the rain now right? :lol:

I guess they mean it in a similar way.

We would be stupid if we dont back Japan .
With a country such as China we should play the tit for tat game .
They support Pakistan against us , so naturally we must support and back Japan against them ;)

You don't have any leverage against us? are you go to ship weapons to Japan? :lol: or creat a new front...both are welcome. We sure know how to return your favor in any favor you give to Japan.

Back
Top Bottom